Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Heads Up: Ridiculous Hold Times for Air Canada Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heads Up: Ridiculous Hold Times for Air Canada Reservations

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I was on for 32 minutes...................then gave up.

-nothing accomplished.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: AC SE
I've had great results using Twitter to direct message the Air Canada Altitude Twitter account. There are many things they cannot do, but a surprising number they can. And I've never waited more than 5-10 minutes for a reply.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
I've had great results using Twitter to direct message the Air Canada Altitude Twitter account. There are many things they cannot do, but a surprising number they can. And I've never waited more than 5-10 minutes for a reply.
What do they usually help with?

I'm not a user of instatwit.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Just called the P25K number and despite the warning asking me to call back later got an agent almost right away.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Called to enquire about a J fare to Asia today.

3m wait.

​​
Old May 8, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I just got through right away...........phone rep was very helpful and cheery today as well. Neither the immediate answer or someone with more than a flatline pulse happens every call
Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:45 am

Calling this morning because YEG-YYZ flight cancelled (first leg of two stop YEG - ORD), no wait time because they won't even put me on hold, just saying to call back another time. Have rebooked for YYC-ORD through United. Will probably try again later, but not hopeful.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: A3
Originally Posted by yyznomad
What do they usually help with?

I'm not a user of instatwit.
When I need to add my A3 FF# to the record I use Twitter direct message. Done this several times and it takes about 1 minute to get it done. It's worked for the last 3 flights I've flown.

I book my AC flights through a travel agent and have no status. The only thing I can do since I didn't book directly with them is select seats and answer the security questions. In years past, I did try to call and gave up after long waits.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Calling this morning because YEG-YYZ flight cancelled (first leg of two stop YEG - ORD), no wait time because they won't even put me on hold, just saying to call back another time. Have rebooked for YYC-ORD through United. Will probably try again later, but not hopeful.
Have you tried AC's online rebooking tool? It sometimes works.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:39 pm

They had already rebooked me for tomorrow, which wasn't going to work and because it had already been rebooked, the online booking didn't work. Eventually the phone line would let me wait on hold, but as I waited more than 35 minutes, I watched the flight I needed go from 6 available to 4 to 3 to 2 to 0, so I hung up after 35 minutes of waiting. Rented a car, drove to Calgary and got on the united flight, ended up being upgraded to business!
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan, HHonors Diamond, BonVoy Gold, AAdvantage, IHG Priority Club, BA EC, AS MVP
Just discovered a 4 hour change in itinerary (the missed flight variety) while trying to make a seat upgrade (from X to I on an Aeroplan J itinerary). Was calling on my dime from South Africa. Because I thought the flight was ok I was not prepared for the huge shock of the SAA changes and totally missed noticing the new looong connections (7 hour in HKG then another 7 hour in TPE). Should have completed all the changes (CPT-JNB-HKG-TPE-YVR) to optimize our layover from the split in HKG and TPE to make it one long layover in TPE but missed seeing it. Tried to call back next day and after a half hour on hold had to give up as my pay-as-you-go phone was running out of time and money)

DM'd Aeroplan and they got back to me after only a short time asking for details and promising to help. This is so encouraging. Will let you know if this is just a false hope or real service. Also added 180R to the phone in case I have to phone again.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan, HHonors Diamond, BonVoy Gold, AAdvantage, IHG Priority Club, BA EC, AS MVP
Guess I should have just listened to my brain and not my heart <G>. No response 72 hours later from my 'requested' DM. Mind you - there are a few other higher priority events happening with all the flight cancellations etc so I shall be patient.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: E50K, DL GM, Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Just me or is it winter, but hold times recently have been crazy. I have E50K and use the priority number, in the last month, I have been on hold for an average of 30 minutes, min, of 15 and a max of 45.

I don't understand why they do not have a callback option.

For an interesting comparison, I had to cancel an United ticket. Wait times were 5 to 10 minutes and gave me the option to call me back when they were ready.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Oh look, another thread....from 2014-2018

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...ait-times.html

Oh look, another one

Will AC EVER, EVER Do Something about Phone Wait Time

Wait......

Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:47 pm
Original Member

If I didn't know better I might think there was a problem with on hold times.

But I think the more important question is why all these callers are causing the long wait times.
PointWeasel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.