Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Introducing AERCLUB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: Aerclub
Not sure if this has already been answered but I have 1500 GC applicant points, will I get anything for them ?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:51 am

I have an upcoming trip to the US with EI and onwards with UA, booked through EI. Outward is J and return in Y.

My outward fare class is P and return is O. P is not listed as an earning class in Aer Club, so will I receive zero tier credits for the J part of the trip?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by MBDublin

The only advantage I can see at this stage is the ability to move the avios to a much better FPP (BAEC or IB)
With three accounts BA EI IB this is a big benefit to me for my travel patterns. Earning potential has increased a lot for me but I know I maybe in the minority.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by KudosNI
Aspire lounge in BHD this morning telling GC holders they'll accept the GC card until end of Dec.

She told me quite a few people weren't aware that the Silver cards won't be accepted.
For those loosing out they would be better to get a Priority Pass. Then it depends on how much they value lounge access. I am pretty much covered with status on the main three alliances but for those odd flights that slip through the net then PP is handy. ^
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Shamrock125
I have an upcoming trip to the US with EI and onwards with UA, booked through EI. Outward is J and return in Y.

My outward fare class is P and return is O. P is not listed as an earning class in Aer Club, so will I receive zero tier credits for the J part of the trip?
There are NO listed earning classes anymore on Aer Lingus - all flights earn at the rate of 3 Avios per € (or a different earning rate if you paid in US$, GB£ or CA$) and earn Tier Credits at the rates on this page solely on the basis of the Fare family (though the cheapest fare classes earn at half the advised rate, as shown under the table).

Only flights on Aer Lingus earn Tier Credits.

For travel on tickets that combine EI and another airline (which is your case) scroll down to the "On combined flights:" section, and also look at the examples posted below that on this page. You will earn Avios on the other airline (as per the Avios table that applies to that airline) but no Tier Credits.

Last edited by irishguy28; Dec 5, 2016 at 4:56 am
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: aerclub
Avios makes sense, but not my Tier Credits...

Avios - I had balance of 3700 points. I now have 7650 avios = (3700 x 2 + Welcome Bonus of 250).... So happy with that.

Tier Credits
Currently Gold since 2013. I earned 1500 points in last year Oct-Oct.
a) I'm now Green - understood as I've not earned enough.
b) I got only 45 tier credits.... not happy!... is that 45 the Welcome Bonus or related to the flights i've had?

I'm worried that only previous Green/Applicant members are getting "credit" for their progress towards Gold, whereas my progress towards keeping Gold (i'm halfway there) is being lost...

Recent flights? Despite being able to see all my flights in the "past flights", I've two return trips in November that which were after the last GoldCircle points statement, but i don't have tier credits for them either..... feels like they've dropped into a hole!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As mentioned in the answr to the fifth question in the FAQ, it could take another 2 weeks before they properly port everything over to your new account.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: Gold Circle Prestige, Emirates Silver, Hhonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
Does anyone know whether you can claim avios for partner purchases pre-launch?

I bought a macbook in PC World last week.

Whats the correct contact details for them? I can only see the main reservations no...cheers
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
There are NO listed earning classes anymore on Aer Lingus - all flights earn at the rate of 3 Avios per € (or a different earning rate if you paid in US$, GB£ or CA$) and earn Tier Credits at the rates on this page solely on the basis of the Fare family (though the cheapest fare classes earn at half the advised rate, as shown under the table).

Only flights on Aer Lingus earn Tier Credits.

For travel on tickets that combine EI and another airline (which is your case) scroll down to the "On combined flights:" section, and also look at the examples posted below that on this page. You will earn Avios on the other airline (as per the Avios table that applies to that airline) but no Tier Credits.
"Sale or promotional fares in Low economy will earn 50% of the Low economy award
(Fare classes A,Z,W,T,O,R on transatlantic flights)"

Thanks, I misread the site. The part in brackets must refer to classes that only earn 50%.I took it that those were earning classes.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:27 am

Please excuse the potentially ludicrous question, but is it possible to transfer my Avios and/or Tier Points from my BA Executive Club account to Aer Club...?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Burnsie
Please excuse the potentially ludicrous question, but is it possible to transfer my Avios and/or Tier Points from my BA Executive Club account to Aer Club...?
Yes, you can transfer Avios [not Tier Points or tier credits as these apply to a specific programme only]. (Check the FAQ on the website or read the thread - already discussed)

Last edited by irishguy28; Dec 5, 2016 at 6:04 am
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by niallco
Does anyone know whether you can claim avios for partner purchases pre-launch?

I bought a macbook in PC World last week.

Whats the correct contact details for them? I can only see the main reservations no...cheers
No, you cannot claim Avios for anything purchased in-person in a PC World store or directly from their website, either in the past or in the future.

There are only 2 retailers [Kildare Village (all stores) and Appleby Jewellers] where you can earn Avios for in-store purchases, as noted here (scroll down and click "On the Ground").

For all other retailers - including PC World - you would have to make your purchase online from within the Avios e-store while logged in to your Aer Club account.

Last edited by irishguy28; Dec 5, 2016 at 6:06 am
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Burnsie
Your Tier points are airline specific so no.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: Aer Club Concierge, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
For those loosing out they would be better to get a Priority Pass. Then it depends on how much they value lounge access. I am pretty much covered with status on the main three alliances but for those odd flights that slip through the net then PP is handy. ^

Yes, I agree. For me though the most valuable asset is Fast Track and Priority Boarding over lounge. The BHD Aspire used by AL is also the PP lounge and really isn't great.

Still can't logon to site and see what level I am.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KudosNI
Still can't logon to site and see what level I am.
You should have received more than one email by now telling you what your level is. I got an email today asking me to "unlock my AerClub travel benefits" despite having enabled my AerClub account last week.

Check your spam directory!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.