Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Introducing AERCLUB

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:52 am

I was never a GC member but I want to join AerClub. Is there any word on when new members can sign up?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by gusg
I was never a GC member but I want to join AerClub. Is there any word on when new members can sign up?
Should be able to sign up today however AerLingus Website has nothing yet from what I can see.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by gusg
They haven't yet been in touch to let existing members know how to sign in.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's going to happen today at all!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
If you have your membership number you could try the avios website its up and running for Aer Club and try to the forgot username/password routine with the full membership number

www.aerclub.ie is on a holding page but it is owned by EI so expect something to appear https://www.iedr.ie/whois-result/?whois=aerclub
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold,HH Gold, Flying Club Gold, SAS Gold
They just replied to me on twitter that will now not happen until later this week....avios.com says otherwise...seems like someone messed up
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ROKNA
If you have your membership number you could try the avios website its up and running for Aer Club and try to the forgot username/password routine with the full membership number
Avios.com is a separate programme that exists separately from all other Avios-based programmes.

You cannot log into Avios.com with your BA Executive Club details, or your Iberia Plus details, for example.

There are territorial restrictions on Avios.com membership which are more restrictive than any similar restrictions in the airline FFPs (I am not aware of EI having any such geographical restriction on Gold Circle/Aer Club membership)

You will not be able to log into Avios.com using your Aer Club credentials.

In any case, Aer Club has only provided the membership number so far - no p assword has yet been provided.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by thebouncer
They just replied to me on twitter that will now not happen until later this week....avios.com says otherwise...seems like someone messed up
Something has gone wrong here because Avios.com are all systems go.

Won't let you join through the links however

http://www.avios.com/ie/en_ie/
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Drums
Something has gone wrong here because Avios.com are all systems go.

Won't let you join through the links however

http://www.avios.com/ie/en_ie/
It may be that something changed on the website today (and actually, I did see a big Aer Lingus landing/launch page on there yesterday)- which had, afterall, been the planned day of opening Aer Club - but as of this moment (clear your cache) it displays exactly the same as it has done for the last several months on the Ireland page.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Oh dear....

Anyone know who the IT contractor is?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EDIT: scrapwhat I wrote earlier. The website does look different today

http://www.avios.com/ie/en_ie/collect

at least for now, it appears that Irish members cannot join Avios.com directly (as is possible in, eg the UK) but must join up via one of the partner programmes.

This links to the following page which links to the enrolment page for Aer Club - which, of course, Aer Lingus have yet to put on line (URL: https://www.aerlingus.com/html/registration.html)
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Nov 29, 2016 at 6:25 am
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
From the Avios page - behind the login.

You get more Avios for a pizza than for Aer Lingus !

Collect Avios when you visit PizzaExpress restaurants

We’ve partnered with PizzaExpress, so now your pizza can come with a topping of Avios. All you need to do is download the Bink app, our trusted mobile partner, add your payment cards and link them to your Avios membership number. Use the payment card at PizzaExpress and your Avios will be credited to your account automatically. So your pizza could help you on your way to Pisa.
Collect 3 Avios per £1 you spend on Friday and Saturday, via the Bink app
Collect 6 Avios per £1 you spend from Sunday to Thursday, via the Bink app
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did we stop using the Euro?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Danash
From the Avios page - behind the login.

You get more Avios for a pizza than for Aer Lingus !

Collect Avios when you visit PizzaExpress restaurants

We’ve partnered with PizzaExpress, so now your pizza can come with a topping of Avios. All you need to do is download the Bink app, our trusted mobile partner, add your payment cards and link them to your Avios membership number. Use the payment card at PizzaExpress and your Avios will be credited to your account automatically. So your pizza could help you on your way to Pisa.
Collect 3 Avios per £1 you spend on Friday and Saturday, via the Bink app
Collect 6 Avios per £1 you spend from Sunday to Thursday, via the Bink app
Nothing surprising there.

Avios UK Estore offers way more Avios for purchases done through there.

Harrods for example offer 10 Avios for £1 pound spend.

https://shopping.avios.com/en/
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Drums
Avios UK Estore offers way more Avios for purchases done through there.

Harrods for example offer 10 Avios for £1 pound spend.
If you follow the link to the estore from within the Irish part of the Avios.com website, it brings you to the exact same estore used by UK members with the exact same earning rates.

If and when they introduce separate earning rates in Euro remains to be seen.

but, as things stand, Irish customers will earn exactly at the same rate as their UK counterparts.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Strange mix of GC and AerClub links on the EI site (e.g. the feedback bar on the rhs of the GC account sections now references AerClub).

Have two flights in the next 7 days which (if my calculations are correct) will be important for my assumed May 2017 requalification. They are cutting things a little close for comfort....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.