Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Introducing AERCLUB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: ba, ei, bmi, vs
Not impressed
1. I've linked my accounts and still being asked to complete registration to see my full details but I can't get to this without going through the link page again which it now rejects

2. Have been downgraded from Gold Circle member to Aer Club green and didn't have my points converted to Avios - balance now shows the measly 250 introductory 'bonus'. My understanding was that if I was a member then points would be converted. Probably a glitch as I qualified on 28th October. Now in possession of what I assume is an obsolete Gold Circle card with an expiry of October 2017.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:13 am

Just logged in. GC Gold, now Green. 2200 GC points in the qualifying period, now at 2500...converts to 250 Avios and 0 Tier Credits. This is pants.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Originally Posted by Uafasach
Just logged in. GC Gold, now Green. 2200 GC points in the qualifying period, now at 2500...converts to 250 Avios and 0 Tier Credits. This is pants.
I looked at the Aer Club FAQs which have been updated yesterday and it appears that the Avios & Tier Credits are going to follow in the next few weeks (see attached screen grab).

I don't think anyone has anything other than 250 Avios & 0 Tier Points at the moment.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If it takes them this long to roll out an FFP on an exisiting framework (Avios) then I guess we needn't expect Aer Lingus back in oneworld until 2025!!!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:18 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
There is going to be a lot a space in the GC lounges from January onwards!!

It is amazing that the qualification for the new tiers prior to the launch was to some secret formula that even after launch is completely unclear. I would have thought it was completely reasonable that you would transfer from GC to AC at the same level with the GC expiry date.

I am expecting the next phase of the roll out of the transfer of points earned in the qualifying period to be like everything else in AC to date. Late, unclear and shambolic.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: SPG:Gold, IHG: Spire AMB, Marriott: Gold, HH: Diamond, EI: Concierge
So the postman delivered my new Aerlcub card this morning, expiry date 31 May 2018.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dubal
So the postman delivered my new Aerlcub card this morning, expiry date 31 May 2018.
Which status level are you?

I guess we don't need you to confirm that your account shows you with no tier credits at the moment....
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Which status level are you?

I guess we don't need you to confirm that your account shows you with no tier credits at the moment....
Concierge

0 Tier Credits
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:33 am

Wonderful start, I ring the number on the back of my new Aerclub card, and after I get through the menu... "this number is no longer in service"

Dubal
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Can anyone find any other date (anniversary date, target date) in their account?

I can't - so I really do think that this is everyone*'s "anniversary date" which forms the basis of the membership year.

Does anyone have anything in their account that shows otherwise? Tier Credits from flights in the past weeks/months? Some indication of a date that they recognise from the old GC days, or a date other than November 21st?

*[Everyone who was "ported" from GC. Genuine new joiners will obviously have new dates corresponding to the day they signed up...and as today was the first day to do this, that would be 1 December and onwards]

silver Tier Start Date
22 Nov 2016

silver Tier Expiry Date
30 Nov 2017

Membership Card Expiry Date
30 Nov 2017

Tier Credits:

My GC status was meant to renew on 30 November this year anyway. Flights taken since 22 November (and which had tracked on GC prior to closing) are not showing on AC and appear to not have earned any tier credits
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by dubal
Wonderful start, I ring the number on the back of my new Aerclub card, and after I get through the menu... "this number is no longer in service"

Dubal
So has anyone managed to get in touch, I get diverted to the IT Help desk, who point me to the contact section on the Aer Lingus web site.

The Aer Club contact number there is Aer Lingus reservations....

I checked the UK number printed on the card too, it doesn't ring.

Dubal
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:58 am

I have Avios in my BAEC account. I assume that I'll be able to transfer them to my AerClub account but I don't see anywhere that I can do that. Or will the Avios be shown in both accounts eventually?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by gusg
I have Avios in my BAEC account. I assume that I'll be able to transfer them to my AerClub account but I don't see anywhere that I can do that. Or will the Avios be shown in both accounts eventually?
You do that function in avois.com. Seems pretty starightforward - you login to the AerClub account on avois.com, then there is a combine points from BAEC possiblity.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by EIFREZY
I looked at the Aer Club FAQs which have been updated yesterday and it appears that the Avios & Tier Credits are going to follow in the next few weeks (see attached screen grab).

I don't think anyone has anything other than 250 Avios & 0 Tier Points at the moment.
So AerClub is less of a rewards scheme and more of a "Blind Trust" scheme - at least for an initial unspecified period of time.

So zero redemptions (cos nobody has any Avios), zero upgrades (except for Concierge - assuming the tracking systems are active for the 4 free upgrades) and zero retroactive claims until the systems are workings.

What exactly is the old GC call center going to be doing for the next "few weeks"?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:48 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by EIFREZY

Why bother launching a new programme when you are (still) not ready?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.