Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Introducing AERCLUB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
RFS Options for BA Flights

I am seeing RFS booking options for BA flights (e.g. DUB-LHR) with a click-through to the note copied below:

"Reward Flight Saver
These are Reward Flight Saver (RFS) flights. Reward Flight Saver limits the amount you have to pay towards taxes, fees and carrier charges on European flights. You only have to pay €42 return in Economy Class or €60 in Business Class. We pay the rest"

Not seeing the same RFS reference for EI flights - total taxes/fees of approx. EUR63. for DUB-LHR RT. Ironic that flying BA is cheaper...

Long Haul searches seem to return "Page not found" error half the time. Total round trip taxes/fees of EUR224 DUB-ORD on EI in Y. Paid ticket on same flight EUR580.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MBDublin
I am looking forward to see what Avios will post for a saver UK-IRL flight with a GBP3.99 fare.
My GBP3.99 posted at 124 avios. Total fare was £39.99 so I am guessing that this was converted to €42.00 and 3 times that. 7.5 TP's have also credited and another mystery 7.5 TP's in addition to that.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
AerClub signup data point in case it helps anyone: I had pre-registered my wife so as to get the 250 bonus Avios. I got the invitation to sign her up earlier this month and did so today. I linked her existing Avios UK account and the webpage said thanks, now click the link in your email to confirm your account.

The only new EI email in my inbox was the 'welcome, you're green, etc.' but that doesn't have a confirm link, only a 'get your card' link which I clicked anyway. Tried to sign in but wouldn't accept it. Tried to reset password but didn't get an email. Tried to recover username, still no email. Check spam - nothing. Check deleted items - there they are, the original 'click to confim' as well as the password reset/username reminder emails...

Hotmail had automatically deleted the emails from 'create-profile', 'reset-password', and 'remind-username' @aerlingus.com - but kept the ones from 'aerlingus' and 'aerclub' @fly.aerlingus.com - I don't know why...

I'm in now though so if you're having similar problems, check your deleted items as well as spam folder...
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:34 pm

There are still a hell of a lot of people who are totally locked out of their accounts. Its in the tens of thousands from what I heard and no quick fix either although the IT department still say first week of New Year but that is coming awfully fast.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: Aer Club Concierge, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
There are still a hell of a lot of people who are totally locked out of their accounts. Its in the tens of thousands from what I heard and no quick fix either although the IT department still say first week of New Year but that is coming awfully fast.
I still can't get access, and got fed up a few days ago and sent an escalation email. Got a standard response Aerclub email showing me my tier and points, however still can't logon. Fairly sure my points total isn't accurate.

Far from impressed, an utter shambles in terms of implementation and communication.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by KudosNI
I still can't get access, and got fed up a few days ago and sent an escalation email. Got a standard response Aerclub email showing me my tier and points, however still can't logon. Fairly sure my points total isn't accurate.

Far from impressed, an utter shambles in terms of implementation and communication.
100% and this is what you get when IT implementation is rushed out the door. It was delayed for very good reason and I guess IAG wanted rid of Gold Circle by end of year so we got this awful user experience in return.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: Aer Club Concierge, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by Drums
100% and this is what you get when IT implementation is rushed out the door. It was delayed for very good reason and I guess IAG wanted rid of Gold Circle by end of year so we got this awful user experience in return.
I've worked in technology long enough to know that projects don't go smoothly. However, good communication with end users normally goes some way to improve relations. Can't say this has been done this time - it's all far too quiet.

Just admit there is a problem, it's being worked on and send out a note every so often to those affected.

What are people supposed to do now? I'm guessing Gold Circle cards no longer being accepted in lounges?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
My Christmas flights finally posted overnight or this morning to my Aer Club account!

At least for me, everything now looks exactly as it should in my Aer Club account.

I hope all of you get yours sorted out in the coming days.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Similar here

Got my Avios on a flight on Dec 26, appears to be *3 value paid plus the correct bonus % (so actual cash paid not fare before taxes)

No sign of the tier points or the flight home on the 29th

At least the Avios history gives a clear indication of the flight, PNR and origin/destination
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
They confirmed to me via DM on twitter today that you will be able to see a full breakdown of your tier points online and on the app, once they are "fully migrated".

I was querying with them as I had more tier points than I thought I should have. Turns out one of my flights (EI regional from LPL to DUB) awarded 15 rather than the expected 7.5, but from memory it was only a €39.99 fare, so the 7.5/15 boundary must set pretty low.

Last edited by EIFREZY; Jan 6, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:53 am

http://www.independent.ie/business/i...-35348048.html
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
This is the bit I noticed - there is no way they gave the real number of tier credits to Green. I reckon everyone got either 45 or 60 credits regardless of activity.

It said those who had flights in the 12 months before migration were awarded Tier Credits based on the level of their flight activity (eg Gold Circle points accrued).
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Danash
It said those who had flights in the 12 months before migration were awarded Tier Credits based on the level of their flight activity (eg Gold Circle points accrued).
I think Aer Lingus are clinging to the line that, as Applicant members, they didn't earn enough for status, and so, whatever Tier Credits are lobbed their way are a goodwill measure, rather than being a direct reflection of the number of flights they took.

Which I could accept if they started everyone off in AerClub with a full year to accrue new Tier Credits toward status. But it appears that they haven't.

To be honest - I have no idea from my Aer Club account when my membership year starts or ends. Can anybody else see any such indication in their account?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: EI Gold
Originally Posted by Danash
This is the bit I noticed - there is no way they gave the real number of tier credits to Green. I reckon everyone got either 45 or 60 credits regardless of activity.

I was talking to an agent before Christmas who let slip that GC points in the 12 months to whatever date in October of between 800-1500 got 45, and 1501-??? got 60 tier credits. Not sure where the cutoff was for Silver but from the conversation it was suggested to be 2400.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by PierDave
I was talking to an agent before Christmas who let slip that GC points in the 12 months to whatever date in October of between 800-1500 got 45, and 1501-??? got 60 tier credits. Not sure where the cutoff was for Silver but from the conversation it was suggested to be 2400.
I am in that 60 category. It is hardly a reflection of Tier credit activity if there is a 15 credit difference for what could be as much as 899 GC points.

Has anyone been successful in challenging their allocated status - apart from the couple of Concierge members posting above ?

Anyone get from Green to Silver by challenging ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.