Wiki Posts
Search

Email Introducing AERCLUB

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Danash
Good also to see the No1 Lounge in LGW letting us back in again this week. Mind you it has to be the busiest noisiest lounge in the world.
I've only ever been in there once...and I was the only person in there!
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Danash

Good also to see the No1 Lounge in LGW letting us back in again this week. Mind you it has to be the busiest noisiest lounge in the world.
I like the lounge but it is very much a case of when you are there as to the experience. I have been in there with only 15-20 people and then on an evening where it is like a zoo.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: Gold Circle Prestige, Emirates Silver, Hhonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
Has it been confirmed yet that Silver's get access to partner lounges?

Am flying home via Frankfurt tomorrow and some month old bratwurst sausages in the Sky lounge are calling.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: Gold Circle Prestige, Emirates Silver, Hhonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
I'd no problem accessing the lounge in Frankfurt as a Silver this evening
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Honors Gold
As a BA Silver, will I get free seat selection (if so, how?) and lounge access with EI? (flying cheapest 'saver' fare)

Are certain seats blocked off, like BA do for Golds?

Am hoping to fly EDI-DUB rtn for first time on EI (actually Stobart Air) rather than Ryanair.

Thanks!
Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Hi,can anyone help me regarding flights I made on Aer Lingus,I put my BA executive number in the section for air miles etc,but the points/avios have not been added after a week,is this normal,how do I get them addded to my BA account?
Many thanks.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
If the ticket was sold and ticketed by Aer Lingus you won't earn any tier points

Expect up to a month for avios to be credited
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Ah! So why do they give you the option??? Are they not part of IAG? Thanks for reply.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by liamvad
Hi,can anyone help me regarding flights I made on Aer Lingus,I put my BA executive number in the section for air miles etc,but the points/avios have not been added after a week,is this normal,how do I get them addded to my BA account?
Many thanks.
To find out what Avios you can expect, you need to find out what Booking Class your flight was in - this is shown on the "status" line of your original booking confirmation from Aer Lingus.

Using the Booking Class, you can use the handy Where To Credit website to find out what avios British Airways will award you for your flight.

Some heavily discounted booking classes are not eligible for British Airways avios. In which case you could consider opening an Aer Lingus avios account, and making a retrospective claim for your flight. Or you could credit the flight to a United Airlines account / other account.

Don't shoot the messenger !

https://www.wheretocredit.com/aer-lingus
Old Aug 29, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Could somebody kindly explain how the upgrade vouchers and companion tickets work?

Is it the case that you have to book economy, email and wait for them to clear closer to the flight or could you for example call the concierge line and choose a flight several months away and confirm there and then?

I assume if you book a flight 6 months in advance they should confirm the companion ticket or is that also subject to clearing and limited space?

I should be able to hit platinum and I may hit concierge if trips go ahead as planned this year.

Thanks a million
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Two ways
1. Book flight, call and request
2. Spin up the booking, call confirm space available, execute booking while on the call, hand over the booking ref
Pete_23567 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 11:29 pm

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Two ways
1. Book flight, call and request
2. Spin up the booking, call confirm space available, execute booking while on the call, hand over the booking ref
Great thanks. Option 2 sounds like the least risk then. Glad to hear they can confirm without 20 business day delay 😂
Old Aug 30, 2022, 12:32 am

If you are Concierge...
Pete_23567 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA
If you are Concierge...
yep, makes sense, thanks a mill!
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
I availed of option 2 when I was platinum a few years back. Heading out to LAX and back from SFO. Chanced ringing and asking was there upgrade availability on either or both. There was. So I booked one sector business and one economy. Can’t remember which. Rang them straight back after booking and they upgraded me immediately.

Hoping to try the same thing in about a month. Hopefully they’re still as gracious to mere platinum members!
Pete_23567 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.