Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Introducing AERCLUB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Yes, you can transfer Avios [not Tier Points or tier credits as these apply to a specific programme only]. (Check the FAQ on the website or read the thread - already discussed)
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Your Tier points are airline specific so no.
Thank you both.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: Gold Circle Prestige, Emirates Silver, Hhonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
No, you cannot claim Avios for anything purchased in-person in a PC World store or directly from their website, either in the past or in the future.

There are only 2 retailers [Kildare Village (all stores) and Appleby Jewellers] where you can earn Avios for in-store purchases, as noted here (scroll down and click "On the Ground").

For all other retailers - including PC World - you would have to make your purchase online from within the Avios e-store while logged in to your Aer Club account.
Thanks
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Does anyone know if fast track security is still going to be available with Aer Club Silver at the remote end where it was previously available with Gold Circle, such as MAN, BHX, etc?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by EIFREZY
Does anyone know if fast track security is still going to be available with Aer Club Silver at the remote end where it was previously available with Gold Circle, such as MAN, BHX, etc?
Fast track is offered in common to all elites (Silver up). So it's not as if they are going to take the opportunity with the switchover to weed out Silvers in some places and not others.

If and when they discontinue Fast Track at any particular location, it won't be just for Silver, and it won't be because of Aer Club's launch.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
The real question is where is fast track offered

DUB/LHR/LGW (only if checked in at the desk for the sticker)/MAN/BHX/SFO

It might work in AMS but found the KLM staff rude when I last tried it but the ground agent has changed since

Nowhere in Germany offers it, MUC really needs it for the morning flight
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: Aer Club Concierge, Emirates Gold
You should have received more than one email by now telling you what your level is. I got an email today asking me to "unlock my AerClub travel benefits" despite having enabled my AerClub account last week.

Check your spam directory!
Yes, I have received those emails a couple of times but can't logon. I login to AL site, it tells me to register. I do so, then get an error message.

Been Liaising with AL to get resolved, been ongoing for a few days now and no closer. Just provided about 10 more bits of info to see if can resolve
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:54 am

Fast track is offered in common to all elites (Silver up). So it's not as if they are going to take the opportunity with the switchover to weed out Silvers in some places and not others.

If and when they discontinue Fast Track at any particular location, it won't be just for Silver, and it won't be because of Aer Club's launch.
Except (to my great annoyance) the fast track barriers in LHR T2 do not work for Aer Lingus. I'll be standing in the queue and people walk past and use the self service barriers, then get in front of me in the queue
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by KudosNI
Yes, I have received those emails a couple of times but can't logon. I login to AL site, it tells me to register. I do so, then get an error message.

Been Liaising with AL to get resolved, been ongoing for a few days now and no closer. Just provided about 10 more bits of info to see if can resolve
It is a known issue and IT are trying to resolve . Quite a lot of people are effected. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Can anyone tell me how I know log into the app? Using my email and old password it says invalid, using my username and new password it says invalid. If I reset the password it then screws up my login on the webpage!!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What level did the email tell you you had? Green?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by parklife
Can anyone tell me how I know log into the app? Using my email and old password it says invalid, using my username and new password it says invalid. If I reset the password it then screws up my login on the webpage!!
Forget the app for now. Can you log on to the website?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Forget the app for now. Can you log on to the website?
Yes can log onto the website with no issue - just not the app.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
It is a known issue and IT are trying to resolve . Quite a lot of people are effected. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.
I'm not holding out much hope of getting a good result when I do get logged in anyway - all the emails have me listed as Green
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by parklife
Yes can log onto the website with no issue - just not the app.
I would recommend you check the iTunes store/Google Play store and download the latest version of the app...sounds like you may not have the latest version.

If this is on your phone, wait till you are on WiFi as it should be much faster and cheaper to update the app than over the phone network.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not holding out much hope of getting a good result when I do get logged in anyway - all the emails have me listed as Green
Don't give up hope. They have said it will take another week or two before everyone's account is finalised. And given their history at making targets on this project, and the fact that some functionality won't apparently be ready until next year anyway, it could take longer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.