Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Introducing AERCLUB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: EI Gold
Has anyone had any luck getting moved up from Green to Silver? I was told to call back when AC launched as the girl in GC I was speaking to was very surprised I wasn't Silver in the first place. Typically, I done a load of flying in November (1400 GC points worth), which was outside of the dates for status calculation for AC.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: SPG:Gold, IHG: Spire AMB, Marriott: Gold, HH: Diamond, EI: Concierge
Another new issue that's been overlooked.

The conversion was apparently done on October 18, the new missing flights option in AerClub has a restriction that it can only process dates after October 30.

In any case, since I only get about 25% (or less) flights registering (and I always book on the Aer Lingus website with at least a plus fare) I now have a backlog of missing flights

FYI - The old email addresses are still monitored, even if none of the new numbers are.

Dubal
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:17 am

Programs: SPG:Gold, IHG: Spire AMB, Marriott: Gold, HH: Diamond, EI: Concierge
first flight with my new card tomorrow, I wonder how far I get before the..."thats not a valid card" !
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dubal
first flight with my new card tomorrow, I wonder how far I get before the..."thats not a valid card" !
Just checked-in for a SH flight out of DUB and the boarding pass showed GC number and level. Asked to switch to new AerClub number which (after careful typing) went in without issue and now have a boarding pass showing correct tier. Wait to see if it posts correctly....
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Dambus
- Depressing example of a EUR500 return ticket to NYC ticket earning 1320 base Avios in total.
My flight home for Christmas (€39.99; base fare: €1.99) will probably only earn 3 Avios.

Maybe 6, if they are feeling generous.

And 7.5 Tier Credits. This will be the first time ever that I have taken a flight that earns more tier qualifying miles than it earns award miles!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
My flight home for Christmas (€39.99; base fare: €1.99) will probably only earn 3 Avios.

Maybe 6, if they are feeling generous.

And 7.5 Tier Credits. This will be the first time ever that I have taken a flight that earns more tier qualifying miles than it earns award miles!
Compare that to a 1 day car hire with Avis for sometimes as little as £20.00 earning 501.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Creating an Avios.com account via Aer Club does indeed seem to give you an Avios.com account that exists only in the Aer Club "walled garden", so to speak. It says nothing about being able to earn on Iberia; I have not seen any Iberia options presented when looking up redemptions; and the reservations are only available at rates that far exceed the rates that are available from within BAEC.

So, an EIAC-created Avios account is apparently NOT a "standard" Avios account.
And yet, there's an IB page on the Irish version of Avios.com: https://www.avios.com/ie/en_ie/collect/iberia

There are also other Irish non-EIAC Avios partners visible on the Irish Avios.com homepage - and UA/CX are not listed, despite being on the EIAC pages..

Can you log in to Avios.com with your EIAC account?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JAXBA
Can you log in to Avios.com with your EIAC account?
To fully use an Aer Club account, you have to associate it with an Avios.com account.

Having done this, if you log into Avios.com you are effectively logging into the "business part" of an Aer Club account.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:31 am
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
Originally Posted by MBDublin
Compare that to a 1 day car hire with Avis for sometimes as little as £20.00 earning 501.
Even better with Europcar at DUB - 1500 M&M miles for each rental (1 days included) ^
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
In order to make the changes easier to digest, I have written a blog post about AerClub. It goes through everything about the programme in quite a bit of detail.

http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com...ingus-aerclub/

From a purely earning Avios perspective, if you're a BA Gold, you're better off crediting flights to BA due to the 100% bonus on Avios - when flying BA. All other levels it's the same to credit to AerClub.

When earning on partner airlines (Qantas, Cathay Pacific) there are a number of instances where you will earn more Avios crediting to AerClub. I listed them in the post. In some instances, it is the reverse where BA offer more fare classes available to earn than with EI.

Overall, I think the new programme is very good - it's much better than Gold Circle. I thought they should have offered the ability to upgrade using Avios, but I guess that's what the upgrade vouchers are for when you're Platinum and Concierge. Also, I think the new member numbers are stupidly long. Green members should get a proper membership card sent out, if only to make sure people remember their number.

I'm looking forward to see how it goes and what partners come on board in the future.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
From a purely earning Avios perspective, if you're a BA Gold, you're better off crediting flights to BA due to the 100% bonus on Avios - when flying BA. All other levels it's the same to credit to AerClub.

When earning on partner airlines (Qantas, Cathay Pacific) there are a number of instances where you will earn more Avios crediting to AerClub. I listed them in the post. In some instances, it is the reverse where BA offer more fare classes available to earn than with EI.
Hi FlightDetective nice work on the blog.
When making the comparisons between the different carriers how are the avios calculated. Is it on mileage or revenue. The big problem as I see it is that the AC earning is based on revenue and will always give less than avios when calculated using mileage unless you have a really high fare.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by MBDublin
Hi FlightDetective nice work on the blog.
When making the comparisons between the different carriers how are the avios calculated. Is it on mileage or revenue. The big problem as I see it is that the AC earning is based on revenue and will always give less than avios when calculated using mileage unless you have a really high fare.
With Aer Lingus it is revenue based of course. 3 points per Euro spent.

With the partner airlines, Qantas, British Airways, Cathay Pacific and United, it is distance based like most programmes are.

I understand what you mean with regards to the earning based on fares. That being said, what was it in Gold Circle? 100 points per UK flight, 150 for each flight to Europe and then only on the higher fares? I imagine Avios earning on those flights on the higher fares will come out similar.

The lowest fares were ineligible before, so I think AerClub provides more opportunities to earn overall than Gold Circle did. It will depend on your personal travel pattern to see if you'll come out the same or ahead. Regardless, redemption options for Avios are far far better than with Gold Circle.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:56 pm

Aerclub account updated this morning with a miserable 60 Tier points- I had earned 2200 GC points in the Oct15- Oct16 qualifying period.
Feels like EI have made a big effort to reduce the number of fliers with status- only to be expected but I'm feeling pretty shafted all the same!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:25 am

Programs: Aer Club Concierge, Emirates Gold
Aspire lounge in BHD this morning telling GC holders they'll accept the GC card until end of Dec.

She told me quite a few people weren't aware that the Silver cards won't be accepted.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KudosNI
She told me quite a few people weren't aware that the Silver cards won't be accepted.
No doubt they're looking forward to the discussions in January, turning these away!!

On another note, I still haven't found any Iberia flights returned in searches for Aer Club redemptions...

The Aer Club/Avios redemption page is also not seemingly able to concoct routings that involve a connection in DUB for a route where Aer Lingus doesn't have a direct service. With BA, you will nearly always get at least one option that connects in London, but the Aer Club/Avios booking tool never seems to consider making a transfer in DUB, or even in London for that matter.

EDIT: Oops, never mind. Found a MAD-LHR-FCO option so it is at least possible....though seemingly perhaps only ever on BA - never on EI
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.