Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

New product to be launched ''Aer Space'' UK and European routes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New product to be launched ''Aer Space'' UK and European routes.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Aer Space is coming from a separate inventory so the prices are not linked so you can see really good value on some routes, the other 3 options are from a common Y pool. I've seen this with BA as well on long haul

LHR can be interesting, but CDG on the NEO is the opposite the Aer Space prices are sky high
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC*S100K MM, Carlson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Question No More Free Drink+Snack in AerSpace

Flew DUB-LHR on 321neo, with business class type AerSpace cabin. Saw the FA charging other pax in the cabin for drinks and snacks. When they approached me, I questioned this and was told in no uncertain terms that AerSpace no longer includes the previously provisioned free drink+snack. To their credit, they gave it to me for free anyway, but has anyone else heard about this change?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nm761
Flew DUB-LHR on 321neo, with business class type AerSpace cabin. Saw the FA charging other pax in the cabin for drinks and snacks. When they approached me, I questioned this and was told in no uncertain terms that AerSpace no longer includes the previously provisioned free drink+snack. To their credit, they gave it to me for free anyway, but has anyone else heard about this change?
This is totally incorrect and sounds like an out of touch crew member who may have been like many furloughed and only recently back. I would urge you to make a formal complaint as its only when these issues are raised formally that they can be addressed.
nm761 and MM00LL2 like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC*S100K MM, Carlson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by DELLAS
This is totally incorrect and sounds like an out of touch crew member who may have been like many furloughed and only recently back. I would urge you to make a formal complaint as its only when these issues are raised formally that they can be addressed.
I received a response from the Customer Services Team confirming that now that Bia returned, drink+snack are still part of the AerSpace ticket. They will do an internal follow up with the Flight Services Manager.

Incidentally, had another flight in AerSpace, and was proactively offered both without charge.

Thanks for suggesting to get in touch with their team!
DELLAS, irishguy28 and MM00LL2 like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nm761
I received a response from the Customer Services Team confirming that now that Bia returned, drink+snack are still part of the AerSpace ticket. They will do an internal follow up with the Flight Services Manager.

Incidentally, had another flight in AerSpace, and was proactively offered both without charge.

Thanks for suggesting to get in touch with their team!
Thanks for doing that as in the end it helps all of us . Glad that EI were responsive also .
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: United currently plat
Hello all, I was lucky to book 2 legs in AerSpace at the lowest price offered of the different fares. Regarding lounge access at outstations (supposedly included,) does EI have agreements with other lounges? Or is it just a DUB/LHR perk? Iʻm flying out of CDG and BER to be specific.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
BER - Templehof lounge be sure to use the special black door to private passport control to avoid the queue in the terminal when you leave the lounge
CDG - It was the Salon icare https://cdgfacile.com/salon-lounge-aeroport-roissy-cdg/ (they say they take Aer LIngus but the Aer Lingus website hasn't reinstated it post COVID) After passport control but before you head down the tunnel to the satellite.

Check in online to ensure the boarding card is correctly endorsed

Fast-track is strictly DUB only, but should work in LHR (i.e. any location where Aer LIngus status works)
FlightDetective and evol like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: United currently plat
Originally Posted by ROKNA
BER - Templehof lounge be sure to use the special black door to private passport control to avoid the queue in the terminal when you leave the lounge
CDG - It was the Salon icare https://cdgfacile.com/salon-lounge-aeroport-roissy-cdg/ (they say they take Aer LIngus but the Aer Lingus website hasn't reinstated it post COVID) After passport control but before you head down the tunnel to the satellite.

Fast-track is strictly DUB only, but should work in LHR (i.e. any location where Aer LIngus status works)
Thanks so much, my flight is leaving from CDG 2E and ʻSalon icareʻ seems to be in CDG T1. I wonʻt keep my hopes up. Thanks for the tips on Tempelhof Lounge!

Last edited by evol; Jun 17, 2022 at 4:04 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by ROKNA

Is this door at the Tempelhof lounge in BER inside the lounge itself or is it outside the lounge?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:30 am

Door is in the lounge, reception should point this out when you enter the lounge, if in doubt ask
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I just booked SNN-LHR-SFO via American Airlines (flights operated by Aer Lingus, then BA) in business class. This should book into AerSpace by default? How can I allocate seats?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC, AAdvantage
I booked with Aer Lingus for a LHR - Dub- PHL flight that is next week with business class throughout. It is an EI codeshare with LHR - DUB showing as I/Aerspace.
LHR - Dub is operated by BA, I called BA to get a question answered for their leg of the flight and they told me that it is economy class...and if there is any conflict I should take it up with Aer Lingus.

While I was polite, I told the man that I am booked business all the way through and they kept saying nope not for this leg of the flight.

Sorry, maybe it is not important..but I saw this thread and thought I would share that other airlines might be considering Aerospace true economy....which is opposite of everything I have heard about it. This will be my first time flying Aer Lingus so maybe it is me who is wrong in my understanding.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 8:38 am

Here is how this works

If you book a TATL flight in J and the connecting flight offers Aer Space and Aer Space seating is available then you get Aer Space, on most flights this is 4 seats so a very small inventory. For certain LHR flights its the full lie flat cabin. There is no guarantee you will get Aer Space on the short sector, nor is any discount if you don't. You will be told during the booking what you are getting.

This ONLY applies to revenue tickets sold by Aer Lingus via its website channels (i.e. website or the TA booking api, GDS we are not clear on currently). So tickets issued with ticket numbers other that 053 are not able to access this inventory.

Aer Space is an economy product and it clearly shown as such.

Fare class codes are unique to each airline so just because its the 'right' class on EI doesn't mean it matches with the other carriers.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
I just booked SNN-LHR-SFO via American Airlines (flights operated by Aer Lingus, then BA) in business class. This should book into AerSpace by default? How can I allocate seats?
No; only tickets booked directly with Aer Lingus will get you into Aer Space on the shorthaul.

Anyone else who sells the ticket - AA, BA, Avios, or any third party travel agent - can only put you in Economy on the shorthaul hop.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
I booked AerSpace on DUB-LHR for next month but it looks like the flight just got switched from an A321neo to an A320, and since we're going from 16 seats to 4 I suspect I'm getting downgraded (currently unable to view the seat map or select seats). If that's the case would I qualify for EU261, and any advice on how best to approach this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.