Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

New product to be launched ''Aer Space'' UK and European routes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New product to be launched ''Aer Space'' UK and European routes.

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA LTG MM
I have a booking I made in January to Toulouse for the November mid-term break where I paid for row 1 seats. Yesterday, I received a new confirmation email from Aer Lingus moving us back to row 3. No explanation, no apology, just an exact copy of the original confirmation, but with different seat numbers.

(As an aside, if I try a new dummy booking for the same dates, AerSpace isn't offered and you can still select row 1, so there seem to be some IT problems implementing this. Annoyingly, it's also cheaper than the price I paid in January.)
Old May 5, 2019, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hshs
I have a booking I made in January to Toulouse for the November mid-term break where I paid for row 1 seats. Yesterday, I received a new confirmation email from Aer Lingus moving us back to row 3. No explanation, no apology, just an exact copy of the original confirmation, but with different seat numbers.

(As an aside, if I try a new dummy booking for the same dates, AerSpace isn't offered and you can still select row 1, so there seem to be some IT problems implementing this. Annoyingly, it's also cheaper than the price I paid in January.)
Call EI and get them to re assign you row 1 . Happened to me last week also. There is certainly an IT issue that caused some to loose their row 1 seats even though Aerspace is not offered on those routes.
Old May 5, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA LTG MM
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Call EI and get them to re assign you row 1 . Happened to me last week also. There is certainly an IT issue that caused some to loose their row 1 seats even though Aerspace is not offered on those routes.
Thanks for the advice - I did just that and we're back in row 1.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Seems to be in line with BA

Hoping this means that connecting on EI to UK and then onward in Business on BA you get put here
Old May 10, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Aerclub Concierge, UA*S, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Just received this, so clearly aimed at US connecting passengers.

“Business Class guests connecting to Europe will be provided with an AerSpace seat, subject to availability, free of charge. Where AerSpace is granted as an upgrade by virtue of a Business Class booking, Tier Credits are awarded based on the original booking fare class.”
Old May 10, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by D6chap

“Business Class guests connecting to Europe will be provided with an AerSpace seat, subject to availability, free of charge. Where AerSpace is granted as an upgrade by virtue of a Business Class booking, Tier Credits are awarded based on the original booking fare class.”
Got the same e-mail - not entirely sure what the reference to “original booking fare class” means though?

Last edited by Dambus; May 10, 2019 at 1:53 pm
Old May 10, 2019, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by D6chap

As expected I suppose, going for the continuous business class experience as much as possible for connecting TATL pax
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Major Advantage Fare T&C change

I have just realised that with the introduction of Aer Space they have quietly (sneakily) removed the best aspect of the original advantage fare, namely the means to change the date/time of travel to any other flight between the same locations, free of charge (European flights).

Now you have to pay the fare difference (with no change fee) but this completely removes the “flexibility” aspect of the ticket. So it’s now basically as useful as a Ryanair flex fare.

The advantage fare used to be great when travelling on business if your plans changed and you needed to come back a day early, as it didn’t cost anything to switch your flight.

I’ve just been caught out with this for a flight I needed to change for the weekend, they want €500 to change now!

Did anyone else realise this?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by EIFREZY
I have just realised that with the introduction of Aer Space they have quietly (sneakily) removed the best aspect of the original advantage fare, namely the means to change the date/time of travel to any other flight between the same locations, free of charge (European flights).

Now you have to pay the fare difference (with no change fee) but this completely removes the “flexibility” aspect of the ticket. So it’s now basically as useful as a Ryanair flex fare.

The advantage fare used to be great when travelling on business if your plans changed and you needed to come back a day early, as it didn’t cost anything to switch your flight.

I’ve just been caught out with this for a flight I needed to change for the weekend, they want €500 to change now!

I had always assumed you would have to pay the fare difference on any advantage/flex fare past or present. Flex part I thought was just the no change fee and fully refenudable.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EIFREZY

This actually has been the case for a few months now and indeed it was brought in with no notice. It was great as you said be able to buy one ticket knowing that it could be changed free of charge with no extra fee even if the fare had gone up. Sadly though from what I heard
people especially a certain group were abusing this and were buying Advantage at lower rates for a certain date with no intention of flying on it then changing it. Aer Lingus were loosing a lot of revenue as you can imagine so basically people abusing it has ruined it for the rest of us.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
This actually has been the case for a few months now and indeed it was brought in with no notice. It was great as you said be able to buy one ticket knowing that it could be changed free of charge with no extra fee even if the fare had gone up. Sadly though from what I heard
people especially a certain group were abusing this and were buying Advantage at lower rates for a certain date with no intention of flying on it then changing it. Aer Lingus were loosing a lot of revenue as you can imagine so basically people abusing it has ruined it for the rest of us.
Well surely it should have been obvious to EI that this would happen, amazed such a loophole was ever allowed however convenient for legitimate users.
Dambus likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA
Sunday 01 September is launch day for AerSpace.

As it happens I'm booked onto a DUB-LHR AerSpace seat on Sunday morning, onboard catering wise, I guessing this means 1 drink + 1 food item from the BIA menu?
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA
Originally Posted by heggers03
Sunday 01 September is launch day for AerSpace.

As it happens I'm booked onto a DUB-LHR AerSpace seat on Sunday morning, onboard catering wise, I guessing this means 1 drink + 1 food item from the BIA menu?

Flew AerSpace this morning, pretty incredible it took four years to roll a product as basic as this out, not a bad economy plus product but not to sure I’d pay much of a premium over normal economy for it.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Never mind.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
There is one interesting thing

What if the aircraft is full, how do upgrades work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.