Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

New product to be launched ''Aer Space'' UK and European routes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New product to be launched ''Aer Space'' UK and European routes.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
The problem is further complicated by the fact Aer Space doesn't operate on all routes, it does to DUS but not to PRG etc.

DUS ground handling has long been a source of complaint, its almost funny how bad they are.

Priority check in is NOT a feature
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
On the 339 tonight (early for once) and 1 seat in row 1 taken

A new blue label has appeared at the row 1 bins, EI-FNJ
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MCMAHONSMR
In the air, however, the crew were clueless about AerSpace and didn't even attempt to try and understand it. When they started with the buy on board, I asked for the Irish breakfast, which they did not have. I then asked for the breakfast roll, which they did not have. So, I then asked what they did have and was offered a scone. I ordered a coffee and then was asked for EUR6. I responded that this was AerSpace and that the foods is supposed to be complimentary. I then got the patronizing speech from a FA that food on European flights is not free. I then pushed back and said that this is a new product that I'm not supposed to pay for food in this seat. Nope. Got more patronizing words like I am some kind of infrequent traveler. Eventually I said to the FA that she apparently did not get the memo about this and suggested that maybe she should consult one of her colleagues. After going to the back of the plane she came back to me and just said "Oh yeah, don't worry about it." I'm still not sure if anyone on the aircraft actually had been educated about the new product offering because her response seemed to indicate they just didn't want to bother with me. I didn't even want to ask for another coffee after this encounter, no less any food.

All in all, it was a very mediocre experience. Clearly, the crews have not received adequate training about the new product. While I received the benefits for which I paid, I can't say I'd go out of my way to book the product again. Quite frankly, having flown Eurowings on this route I'd actually prefer to fly them over Aer Lingus.
Pretty disgusting actions by the crew and no real appology of any kind. More and more Im hearing about the inconsistent product which is a shame . At LGW on Advantage fares before the change you always got a Business Class tag on your case but this was more of a local enthusiastic few staff members I think. Good to see proper headrest though compared to the paper ones I saw on the A320. I would certainly email AerClub and tell them what happened.
Earthman likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:35 am

Booked a aer space fare today to maintain status. The aer space fare was cheaper than the plus and advantage fares, any thoughts why? I triple checked.

Wonder if I'll receive the full tp for aer space tp
Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by mailliW
Booked a aer space fare today to maintain status. The aer space fare was cheaper than the plus and advantage fares, any thoughts why? I triple checked.

Cannot see why not. TP are based on Fare Class, not cost
Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

If you book the Aer Space fare you get full TPs regardless of the cost.
alserire likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
If you book the Aer Space fare you get full TPs regardless of the cost.
just wondered as the aer space fare was significantly less than the plus and advantage fares
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Aerclub Concierge, UA*S, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
just wondered as the aer space fare was significantly less than the plus and advantage fares
Why would aerspace be less? If you mean more, then I think it depends on the route. I have seen reasonable aerspace fares to LHR, but ridiculous ones to Brussels. The cynic in me would suggest higher prices where there are no competing biz class service on another carrier on the route.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by D6chap
Why would aerspace be less? If you mean more, then I think it depends on the route. I have seen reasonable aerspace fares to LHR, but ridiculous ones to Brussels. The cynic in me would suggest higher prices where there are no competing biz class service on another carrier on the route.
The aer space fare was 60gbp less than the plus fare and 80 GBP than advantage fare
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Its just the way the fare buckets are loaded. For example when the saver Aer Space fares have gone then usually Advantage would be cheaper but if there are still saver Aer Space seats then those are cheaper.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Aer Space Query

Hypothetical question, but what would happen if you were to transfer to an earlier flight on the same day (Perk of an Aer Space ticket), that has already sold out of Aer Space seats.

Would you still receive the onboard service in a non Row 1 seat?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:19 am

No

That said on a peak time DUB-LCY flight this week, only 1 of the seats was taken, empty in both directions to DUS week before. Not exactly busy.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
So, this Christmas I will have my first experience in AerSpace - given that it was the cheapest ticket on offer!

Is this a total anomaly, or is AerSpace regularly available for less than Economy Saver?
Attached Images  
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
So, this Christmas I will have my first experience in AerSpace - given that it was the cheapest ticket on offer!

Is this a total anomaly, or is AerSpace regularly available for less than Economy Saver?
Wow, I have seen it priced below the plus fare once but never the saver! Good catch and nice haul of tier credits (if you need them that is).
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28

I saw this a few times on LHR over the Summer booking a few days before . This Winter will most likely not see so much of it with the exception of peak holidays in Dec / Jan. Generally the fares are quite low for this Winter which reflect projected demand.
irishguy28 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.