Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2021, 4:21 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
im a "parasite"
Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Well given that about 12k miles worth of paid tickets were cancelled due to Covid....A3 has been routinely canceling tons of flights.

I feel like they should have done what most airlines have done and extend the status for a year.

They may still do it... When I called the other day to upgrade a segment I was told that they don't know yet about extending status beyond May 24th.... hmmm.... here's to hope :-)
romans likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: Aegean *G
Over 60K Star Alliance flights cancelled over 6 months in 2020 - 3 trips N. America - Europe, 4 flights on Aegean within Europe, 1 trip to Asia, several 4-5 hour flights within USA/Canada. Losing status now as a "parasite". I think another program will treat me better.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 12:13 pm

I do not understand some of you. Calm down, just forget that guy who tells that “parasite” thing things like that can’t shake with you. A3 is still good for me and some [mod edit: people] don’t change my mind.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Mar 6, 2021 at 2:34 pm Reason: To comply with rule 12
Old Mar 6, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by romans
I do not understand some of you. Calm down, just forget that guy who tells that “parasite” thing things like that can’t shake with you. A3 is still good for me and some [mod edit: people] don’t change my mind.
Bravo.

One thing you learn being on FT is that there are lots of "know-it-alls". Guys (primarily) who believe they have the answer for everything and everyone.

The more time you spend here, the more you recognize who they are. Zero humility...lots of chest-pounding. They have some miles under their belts and feel grandiose.

I'm not sure if it's a product of increased inequality (and entitlement), my own perception of such or a combination of both. But there is a proliferation of a few insufferable members who truly see themselves as the "ultimate authorities". They don't seek to be helpful, just to grandstand.

In 25 years I have traveled to 120 countries, have over 6 million butt-in-seat, actual flown miles on many, many airlines. Have accumulated-and spent- more than 20 million miles but I will never proclaim to be an "expert". An expert of what? Things evolve and change constantly. Everyone has an experience to contribute- that is the fundamental spirit of this community.

I'm here above all to *learn* from others and to share my experiences. But I don't tolerate the jerks.

Nobody here should. Push back- respectfully- but push back.
lhrpete, l380, yauee and 8 others like this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 11:28 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Does anyone know if the number of miles required for requalification applied only for 2020? I requalified in January 2021 but now M+B is showing to me that I need 12k miles to keep my status.

Also, I didn't closely look at my account but I think last year when the decrease of the required miles for requalification was announced I still had to collect 12k miles instead of 9k...

Does the "bonus" -3k miles show on your Transactions in M+B account?
Old Mar 6, 2021, 11:57 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GBobon
Does anyone know if the number of miles required for requalification applied only for 2020? I requalified in January 2021 but now M+B is showing to me that I need 12k miles to keep my status.
I just checked my profile. My requalification date was originally 21.03.21 but was pushed back to 21.09.21. The profile is showing that I need 9,000 Tier Miles, and I can purchase 5,000 of them.

I imagine that your target has changed because you have requalified in the last 12 months (since the reduction to 9,000 was announced).
yauee and GBobon like this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Of those A3 accounts to which I have access, what I'm mostly seeing as of now still is that A3*Gs who re-qualified for A3*G with flights in the first quarter or first half of 2020 only got a six month extension of status -- so as to now have A3*G expire in the fall of 2021. And they will have their status dropped if they are unable to credit at least 12k status miles + 4 A3 flights (or 24k status miles without A3 flights).

Given this pandemic is dragging along even as vaccinations are possible and expanding in reach, A3 seems to be going cheap with status extensions in a way that seems weird for an airline that not too many years ago used to more or less have A3*G status being unlimited in duration for those who qualified for A3*G status.
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Of those A3 accounts to which I have access, what I'm mostly seeing as of now still is that A3*Gs who re-qualified for A3*G with flights in the first quarter or first half of 2020 only got a six month extension of status -- so as to now have A3*G expire in the fall of 2021. And they will have their status dropped if they are unable to credit at least 12k status miles + 4 A3 flights (or 24k status miles without A3 flights).

Given this pandemic is dragging along even as vaccinations are possible and expanding in reach, A3 seems to be going cheap with status extensions in a way that seems weird for an airline that not too many years ago used to more or less have A3*G status being unlimited in duration for those who qualified for A3*G status.
However, I traveled in September and was only extended to May GRRRR
Old Mar 8, 2021, 2:25 pm

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
I have just rolled into my requalification year and the requirement is the normal criteria, 12000 and 4 sectors
yauee, Resolution and powergean like this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by ClanJ
I have just rolled into my requalification year and the requirement is the normal criteria, 12000 and 4 sectors
Same to me.
Resolution likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:19 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by romans
The problem is this is a forum for A3 frequent flyers, so the commentary will be necessarily offensive to a good percentage of people here. When BMI left the picture and lots of people were left without a *A program, A3 chose to pursue such customers and a lot of people - that were deciding between A3 or TK or AV - signed up for A3 because there were ZERO mileage requirements. This made me choose A3 instead of TK. After my lavish years as a gold on BA (the 100% mileage bonus on almost every flight I took made me travel non-stop around 2012-2014, I just couldn't run out of miles), I embraced A3's program and started to plan my travel life around M&B as I recently moved between countries and I don't want to lose the extra bag - I can even pass lounge access as I have unlimited visits from my bank. I will do my best to travel Aegean whenever I can, I will not be cashing miles anytime soon and I'm giving A3 some business. And I know that loads of people here are in the same boat. So basically, "parasites" are people that in good faith embraced the program and that might simply not fly more often for not having chance to... Sorry, but it is ridiculously offensive.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:32 pm

The reduced amount of miles towards qualifying requalifying was introduced in September and it was clear from the beginning, that it was a "one-time deal". If you reach gold once with the reduced limit you would need to requalify with the "normal" limits after that. Except if you were not gold already, in which case you get the reduced limit up until you reach gold (meaning you can qualify for silver and gold with their corresponding reduced limits) and you have until Sept. 2021 to do so (at least that's my understanding of that, because in my case, after reaching silver with the reduced limit, requalifying for silver is now the "normal" 8000 limit and qualifying for gold is still the reduced 18.000 limit).
romans likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 3:09 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by giorginho
The reduced amount of miles towards qualifying requalifying was introduced in September and it was clear from the beginning, that it was a "one-time deal". If you reach gold once with the reduced limit you would need to requalify with the "normal" limits after that. Except if you were not gold already, in which case you get the reduced limit up until you reach gold (meaning you can qualify for silver and gold with their corresponding reduced limits) and you have until Sept. 2021 to do so (at least that's my understanding of that, because in my case, after reaching silver with the reduced limit, requalifying for silver is now the "normal" 8000 limit and qualifying for gold is still the reduced 18.000 limit).
A collection of A3*Gs who re-qualified in 2020 for A3*G with the normal 24k miles or 12k+4 A3 flight standard only got a six-month status extension and never benefited from the "one-time deal" you refer to above. Some such 2020 requalifying A3*G were never even given "the reduced amount of miles" benefit toward re-qualifying.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 9:33 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Meanwhile @ BA:
  • Members whose Tier Point collection end date falls between 1 July and 31 December 2021, will have their Tier status protected for an additional 12 months, irrespective of how many Tier Points they earn.
  • It means that no British Airways Executive Club member, including Bronze, Silver and Gold card holders will lose their Tier status in 2021.
  • This follows members receiving a one-year extension last June
Tuesday 9 March 2021 - To thank customers for their loyalty during an extremely difficult period in its history, British Airways has today announced it will be protecting the Tier status of Executive Club members for a further year. This means that any member renewing in 2021 will enjoy their status for another year, irrespective of how many Tier Points they earn.

Eligible members will receive an additional 12 months on their Tier status expiry date which will be updated in their Executive Club accounts this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.