Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hertz PC, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum, occasionally AS, LM, BA/Avios, Bonvoy.
I was very happy to receive the email today too, though it looks like I won't benefit for as long as my expiry was 31/12/20. Just need to be able to go somewhere now to requalify for 22.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by georgetasioulis
Got the email too, will celebrate with some burgers and pizza tonight!
Perhaps some gyros or Moussaka would be more appropriate! 😉
irishguy28 and romans like this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I guess I am a not so happy camper, all my friends got the extension and I did not 😡

Why not extend all? We all had to suffer though the same crappy year!
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
I guess I am a not so happy camper, all my friends got the extension and I did not 😡
How do you know that you didn't get the extension? Did they email you and tell you that you didn't get it?
Old Mar 12, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Also got the 12 month extension as well (05/2021 expiry), which hopefully allows a chance go to Greece Q3/Q4 🙌
Because right now, the barriers to travel is WAY too high as a "Third Country National" 😭
Old Mar 12, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by irishguy28
How do you know that you didn't get the extension? Did they email you and tell you that you didn't get it?
fair point 😁🤪

The pessimist in me made the conclusion based on NOT receiving the email 😁

I could be proven wrong
Old Mar 12, 2021, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
i Guess I should have written I didn't get the email 🤪
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Wow - I had a 10 day window of opportunity between the (theoretical) lifting of restrictions and my GOld Expiry date date to get 1100 miles/4 Flights and was going to book a return trip this weekend....

Now Mrs Fr is going to be very upset.... I might book anyway (but maybe with a little less risky dates).

Thank you Aegean!
Old Mar 12, 2021, 12:15 pm

They going by the dates, you have time.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kauppias

Why not extend all? We all had to suffer though the same crappy year!
You've got company in a way. Are you among those in the kind of position I refer to below?

Originally Posted by GUWonder
And still I'm seeing accounts where the A3*G status is set to expire in Q4 2021 even for A3*G members who flew enough in Q1 and/or Q2 2020 to keep A3*G status into 2021 but have received nothing more -- in terms of status retention relaxation standards -- than a single six-month extension in the A3*G status.
Of the above accounts which are scheduled to have A3*G expire in Q4 2021, no emails have been received from Aegean about any further extension.

Why the foot-dragging from Aegean on this kind of thing? They could have easily sent out an email to all Aegean elites to note that everyone is getting at least a 12 month extension. It seems bizarre that there are those who met A3*G qualification requirements the traditional flying way with Q1 and/or Q2 2020 flights who only will have gotten a six month status extension when others will have gotten 12 months or way more of a status extension from A3.
GBobon likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 12, 2021 at 12:49 pm
Old Mar 12, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
My status is also set to expire in Q4 2021 and I haven't heard anything yet
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Hertz PC, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum, occasionally AS, LM, BA/Avios, Bonvoy.
It was only a few weeks ago they emailed all elites and crashed the website for a day. Maybe they've learnt from that and are phasing emails?
kauppias and giorginho like this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 1:03 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
I had requalified last year and have an expiry 04/22. No email yet.

I'd find it really bad show that everyone else gets 12 extra months when I was able to requalify last year but am presently in no position to do so for the next year, because the current local law has made it pretty much impossible for me to return from abroad.

I really think Aegean could have given 12 months extra to everyone.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
You've got company in a way. Are you among those in the kind of position I refer to below?

Of the above accounts which are scheduled to have A3*G expire in Q4 2021, no emails have been received from Aegean about any further extension.

Why the foot-dragging from Aegean on this kind of thing? They could have easily sent out an email to all Aegean elites to note that everyone is getting at least a 12 month extension. It seems bizarre that there are those who met A3*G qualification requirements the traditional flying way with Q1 and/or Q2 2020 flights who only will have gotten a six month status extension when others will have gotten 12 months or way more of a status extension from A3.

Indeed I am, 10/21 expiry
Old Mar 12, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Originally Posted by GVA
I had requalified last year and have an expiry 04/22. No email yet.

I'd find it really bad show that everyone else gets 12 extra months when I was able to requalify last year but am presently in no position to do so for the next year, because the current local law has made it pretty much impossible for me to return from abroad.

I really think Aegean could have given 12 months extra to everyone.
Same Here, maybe something will happen in april for us as well..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.