Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
To prevent thread drift and separation, this is a consolidated thread to document all A3 actions/issues/solutions etc related to the COVID-19 virus. Several previously raised threads have been consolidated into this one. Others where the information and/or advice is now outdated because of the speed at which events move have been closed.

Please use this thread to document actions related to A3 only. General COVID-19 discussions should be made in the dedicated FT forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/

This is your wiki, so please feel free to populate it with useful information as it emerges and evolves.
Print Wikipost

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2020, 8:42 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
True, that may be the case. Maybe that other translations of that text show more detail.

On a related note, I just received an SMS that miles have been credited - and indeed the first 3K miles have been received.

WE WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT 3,000 MILES HAVE BEEN ADDED TO YOUR MILES BONUS ACCOUNT XXXXXXXXXX, FOLLOWING YOUR TICKET CHANGE. TAKE CARE NOW, TAKE OFF TOGETHER LATER!
romans and giorginho like this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 11:55 pm

Programs: AF FlyingBlue Gold and AZ FrecciaAlata for ST, O6 Amigo for *A. Formerly AB Gold and TK Elite
I managed to use miles in March for TK ticket and rest to Accor ALL points, but now with 2500 points not possible to exchange them into Accor ALL - after Use miles / Accomodation it write "not enough miles" (by rules, 2000 miles enough for convert to Accor). Anybody have same problem with Accor?
(yes I understand value not good, but my expectations about value of Aegean miles or status in 2021 are even lower...)

BTW, on April 15 eurocomissioner on Justice Reynders commented new "vouchers acts", noting vouchers OK only if 1) customer agree to get them 2) government guaranteed vouchers could be used after 18 months, and that choice of reimbursement by EC261/2004 prevail. That give chances for chargeback again. Both Aegean and HAPA fall in silent mode after I had pointed them on that comment which prove their actions are illegal.

Here is comment in French https://www.7sur7.be/monde/voyages-annules-les-consommateurs-peuvent-refuser-les-coupons-selon-reynders~abb90f33//

Some useful info can be found in FB group "Legal Action against Aegean airlines".

Last edited by Plastipups; Apr 19, 2020 at 12:15 am
Old Apr 19, 2020, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
First of all, welcome to FT! Then, just keep in mind that it is not only the (cancelled and not yet rebooked) flights that stand on the way to your wedding, but according to the present regulations all hotels are closed (only one city hotel per province capital is open) and churches will not perform weddings. Civil weddings in city halls can only be performed in the presence of the couple and two witnesses only. Finally, all restaurants are also closed and you can only take a ferry to an island if it is your home. Of course, some of these restrictions will be lifted by June, but there is no way you can plan anything concrete right now! That's the price we pay for having one of the best situations concerning this epidemic...
Thanks for the info - you are right plans for this June are definitely toast unfortunately. I just hope that travel is still restricted, so I can argue about the flights at least.. At the moment only this unsuitable offer from Aegan, and no offer at all from Ryanair or Aer Lingus.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest
Ouch, that's quite a hit!

One option might be to move the flights to dates still available in mid May, I'm guessing that they will be cancelled pretty soon (up until May 13th were wiped out in the last few days). It's a gamble, but certainly more likely they will cancel flights in May than in June. As for refunds, well at the moment they are probably going to be hard to get without a mighty fight, but you'd get vouchers that would be valid for 18 months.

If they don't cancel the flights that you rebook in May, you could still move them again for free (if still in the same fare buckets) to later. The 'ZERO offer' of free rebooking with waived fare and rebooking fees finishes tomorrow, but you can still rebook with their general 'flexibility' offer after May, but you'd have to pay any fare difference.
Thanks for this - think I'm going to do it and move them to May. I presume the vouchers are no longer attached to the name of the person on the original ticket?
Old Apr 19, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by horseface45
Thanks for this - think I'm going to do it and move them to May. I presume the vouchers are no longer attached to the name of the person on the original ticket?
Unfortunately they are. Read here under 'Flight schedule' > 'about credit voucher'

https://en.aegeanair.com/aegean-announcement/
Old Apr 19, 2020, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest
Unfortunately they are. Read here under 'Flight schedule' > 'about credit voucher'
It's never easy is it..
Old Apr 23, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
According to an Aegean agent tonight, all international flights up to May 31st have now been cancelled. She said that the aim is to begin offering service again on June 1st. With the progress being made with containing Covid-19 in Greece, this appears possible but only to certain destinations. I rebooked a one-way flight from LCA-ATH-LHR from May 23rd to January 11th next year. The very helpful lady said that voucher upgrades were not currently available on the booking system but, when the ticket was e-mailed two minutes later, both sectors were in I class and endorsed 'due to coronavirus/free seat upgrade.' This was the second time of rebooking.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 12:47 pm

I don't think it can get more ironic than this
mdonley and bearchemist like this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by giorginho
I don't think it can get more ironic than this
Perhaps you can explain exactly what is ironic? The information about cancellation of Aegean flights to the end of May is new and the ticket reissue information is slightly unusual. You also have not explained yet what the acronym HUABL means.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:33 am

Aegean refuses to issue full refund for May flight (GoLight fare)

Originally Posted by eagle4121
EU621/2004 supersedes any EU national law so from a legal point of view if a flight is cancelled by the airline regardless of the reason one is entitled to a full refund.
I have a flight booked for May 12, three days ago on April 21 I received an email from Aegean, notifying me that the flight is cancelled.

This morning I finally got through on the phone, and the gentleman on the phone informed me that they do not issue full refunds. I asked repeatedly, that according to EU regulation 261/2004, I would like to request a full refund, and the gentleman just continually basically answered: Due to the new law of the Greek government, and as this is due to the virus and not a cancellation the airline wanted to do, "I informed you which options you have now". I asked to speak with a supervisor/manager, but I was told I could not speak to anyone else.

Has anybody already tried to dispute the charge by Aegean with their credit card company (in my case that would be Citi)?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 9:17 am

I am in the process of disputing a charge from Aegean with my credit card company (Amex).

Alternatively I will take Aegean to court. The Greek law on this is irrelevant and simply a delaying tactic to try and preserve their cash liquidity.

I have zero empathy for Aegean, one must follow the law. Shame on the Greek government for trying to bypass the supreme law with the hope that no state aid will be necessary.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tele02
Has anybody already tried to dispute the charge by Aegean with their credit card company (in my case that would be Citi)?
I've disputed three different charges by Aegean with Chase. Not willing to give Aegean an interest free loan.

Last edited by justforfun; Apr 24, 2020 at 12:51 pm
Old Apr 25, 2020, 5:38 am

with the new low , you will not take a cent back.
https://www.bankingnews.gr/index.php...MaYZjVR7x-PhAc
18 month , only voucher.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by justforfun
I've disputed three different charges by Aegean with Chase. Not willing to give Aegean an interest free loan.
At a time when negative interest rates have become something normal, an interest-free loan to a large company could be considered a... bargain!
Old Apr 25, 2020, 7:22 am

An even better "bargain" would be to convert cargo holds into tanks and buy as much oil as they can....and even get paid in the process!

Some Texas oil industries were even paying over 47$...

Last edited by giorginho; Apr 25, 2020 at 7:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.