Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
To prevent thread drift and separation, this is a consolidated thread to document all A3 actions/issues/solutions etc related to the COVID-19 virus. Several previously raised threads have been consolidated into this one. Others where the information and/or advice is now outdated because of the speed at which events move have been closed.

Please use this thread to document actions related to A3 only. General COVID-19 discussions should be made in the dedicated FT forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/

This is your wiki, so please feel free to populate it with useful information as it emerges and evolves.
Print Wikipost

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2020, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
How successful have you been with Chase accepting charge-disputes?
Perfect timing! Just today Chase messaged me and said that my dispute with Aegean has been resolved and my temporary credit that was issued on Feb. 26 is now permanent. Success!
Old May 8, 2020, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I am waiting for my Voucher. Did not want a refund. I am afraid that if I requested for a refund or a chargeback A3 may take my miles and shut my account.
Old May 9, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by justforfun
Perfect timing! Just today Chase messaged me and said that my dispute with Aegean has been resolved and my temporary credit that was issued on Feb. 26 is now permanent. Success!
Niceeee!
Old May 9, 2020, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Vouchers received today.
Old May 11, 2020, 11:18 am

OK so the new "policy" that started today is so far the worst.... they only waive the re-booking fees up until March 31st 2021, so now one has to also pay the fare difference... There is no timeframe to the validity of this policy, I hope they change it back to something more flexible soon...
Old May 11, 2020, 1:12 pm

Has anyone successfully got a cash refund from Aegean?

One of my flights has been rescheduled now, so I can get vouchers but not much use to me if they're tied to the name as the name (the wedding band) is likely to change now.
Old May 11, 2020, 1:29 pm

Filled in the contact form. Response time is 45 - 60 days, the auto response tell me. Flight takes off in 39 days.

Hhmm..
Old May 12, 2020, 2:35 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by horseface45
Has anyone successfully got a cash refund from Aegean?

One of my flights has been rescheduled now, so I can get vouchers but not much use to me if they're tied to the name as the name (the wedding band) is likely to change now.
Nope, I've been trying for a refund for two months now and they completely blank me. No answers to ANY emails, twitter private messages or FB messages other than the standard auto-reply to the first email. I've always been a huge fan of Aegean but I'm very disappointed in the way they're behaving. Others are having messages on other subjects answered (with varying promptness, of course) so this must be a deliberate policy to hide from reality and avoid their legal obligations to those of us who are insistent on our rights.
Old May 12, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Quite frankly it's disgusting behavior from Aegean and really surprising considering their usual costumer services. No matter how they try and dress it up - saying you can get a cash refund after 18 months - they are breaking European law.

At a time like this, you'd think they realise that they need to play fair, or else they will find that costumers desert them in the future.
Old May 12, 2020, 6:08 am

Not breaking europian low, from today. Eu comission said 12 month only voucher, not cash refund.
Old May 12, 2020, 6:32 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
It was expected to come to that. You cant have gouverments save the airlines, only for all that money to be paid out for cash refunds.

And thenhave to safe airlines again.
powergean likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: A3*G, LH*FQTV
Originally Posted by powergean
Not breaking europian low, from today. Eu comission said 12 month only voucher, not cash refund.
Source?
Old May 12, 2020, 7:33 am

I have heard it 3 times today at the news. Not only airplan tickets, hotel reservations aswell, ferryboats....I was soure, after Lufthansa group started to do the same, with the vouchers. All the europian countrys trying to save the companys. Thes is the easyest way for them, no need to give millions of euro, just keeping the money from the people.

Last edited by powergean; May 12, 2020 at 7:40 am
Old May 12, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by powergean
I have heard it 3 times today at the news. Not only airplan tickets, hotel reservations aswell, ferryboats....I was soure, after Lufthansa group started to do the same, with the vouchers. All the europian countrys trying to save the companys. Thes is the easyest way for them, no need to give millions of euro, just keeping the money from the people.
Well that's not exactly what they have said, is it? They have not said that airlines can refuse to give cash refunds.

Quoted from Reuters:
''EU airlines and travel companies should offer vouchers for flights and holidays cancelled due to the coronavirus that are valid for at least 12 months, the European Commission says in recommendations to help revive travel and tourism in Europe.''

''The Commission will also recommend that vouchers are covered by member states against insolvency, according to the document. The vouchers should also offer the same services and route - in case of a flight - and travel conditions as the original booking.''

''However, the law that protects customers regarding their travel rights is not suspended and the new guidance is not legally binding, meaning it is up to the consumer to accept a voucher or full cash refund.''

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...KBN22N2JJ?il=0
giorginho likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 8:12 am

,,The Commission will also recommend that vouchers are covered by member states" , Yes, after the voucher expiry date is ower. In case the company go bankrupt. So 12 month no cash refund, in all Europe.

,, Customers who end up not using the vouchers, would be automatically reimbursed up to 14 days after the end of the validity period. For vouchers that are valid for more than a year, passengers should be able to ask for a full cash refund until 12 months after the vouchers are issued, according to the document."

Last edited by powergean; May 12, 2020 at 8:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.