Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2023, 4:47 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by kaneporta1
The maximum allowed distance between exits is 60 feet. Then, depending on the seat capacities, some of the exits can be de-activated and plugged.
Looking at the latest Aegean Seat maps (https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info...ats/seat_maps/) they have crammed 226 seats inside the A321Neos. The limit for the A321Neo with all exits activated is 240 seats. The "old" A321s have 207 seats with the limit being 220 seats.
Based on their seat capacities, I assume on the A320Neos and A321Neos, a good proportion of the seats are pitched at 28 inches... So those airplanes will be on my avoid list.
Originally Posted by KLouis
All 321neo, and not only A3's, will have more seats than the "classic" A321 and they will have, throughout, a 28 in. pitch in an all-economy configuration. The fact that A3 will have 20 seats fewer than the maximum is most probably due to the first few rows, often used as business class seats, which will keep having a longer pitch. At any rate, the higher capacity is due to a different "architecture" of the planes concerning emergency exits, toilets, and the galley in the back. In other words, when the classic 321s are retired in years to come everybody flying a route where planes with more seats are needed will be heavily inconvenienced...
Responding to an old thread but this seemed more fitting than others.

Flew a "new livery/design" plane recently, and goodness that 28 inch pitch was both evident and intolerable. Is that technically even less pitch than Ryan and Easy? Sigh.
Chr04 likes this.

Last edited by futuramadramallama; Sep 15, 2023 at 12:25 am Reason: Typo
Old Sep 13, 2023, 10:25 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Respond to an old thread but this seemed more fitting than others.

Flew a "new livery/design" plane recently, and goodness that 28 inch pitch was both evident and intolerable. Is that technically even less pitch than Ryan and Easy? Sigh.
Not 'technically' - it very much IS less and VERY uncomfortable. Aegean are definitely on the slippery slide to the bottom of the pile although it seems to be the standard with the Neo at several airlines too. Maybe it's something with the design that allows an extra row of seats where they couldn't before.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 12:31 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Not 'technically' - it very much IS less and VERY uncomfortable. Aegean are definitely on the slippery slide to the bottom of the pile although it seems to be the standard with the Neo at several airlines too. Maybe it's something with the design that allows an extra row of seats where they couldn't before.
Sigh.

Do we know which rows on the neo jets have better legroom? Looks like a typical seat map shows three kinds of seats: "extra legroom," "up front," and "standard." I think Extra Legroom is just the two exit rows, which of course have better legroom. Do Up Front seats (some of which would otherwise be used as Business) also have a bit more space? Perhaps a generous 30"?
Old Sep 15, 2023, 12:48 am

futuramadramallama We already have a topic with a seat guide around here
It's fairly accurate and indeed, the up-front seats have more legroom.
It's been a while since it was updated, perhaps if someone has more information we could benefit from an update.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 5:12 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
A bit off topic but are there any plans to retrofit the remaining Airbus CEOs with new seats?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 5:19 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Also heading slightly off topic here but has anyone noticed how bad the carpet is on the neos? I was on A3's newest aircraft from LCA to ATH, which had been in service for less than a month at the time and the carpet was already looking awful. The old carpets still looked fresh after years but the new ones look filthy after just a few weeks in my experience.

One other thing I've noticed about the seats on the neo is that the cushions start to sag very quickly. Next time you're in Business, look at the difference between the seat cushion you're sitting on and the almost unused one on the free middle seat. It's crazy how much flatter the used ones are and how much more they point downwards at the front. While the seats are pretty comfortable at the moment, I can't see them holding up well in the long term. Am I the only one to have noticed this?
romans likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 7:00 am

gpb_croppers63 I am pretty sure we were on the same aircraft yesterday (SX-NEP, which serviced LCA the whole time last week). I asked the FA why tge Wi-Fi wasn't working and she replied "oh that's because it's our newest aircraft and we haven't installed Wi-Fi on it yet"! Funny, I was under the impression, that the neos get delivered with Wi-Fi already installed! I think she added, that the aircraft wasn't even 1 month old.
But yeah, I too noticed a few things. First of all you could tell that this was a relatively new aircraft. Very few signs of, let's say, misuse. However it struck me as really odd how the cushions on the bottom half of the seats not only get flat or "pressed" but also how they seem to be extremely easy to remove completely! I once almost did it by accident!
gpb_croppers63 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by giorginho
gpb_croppers63 I am pretty sure we were on the same aircraft yesterday (SX-NEP, which serviced LCA the whole time last week). I asked the FA why tge Wi-Fi wasn't working and she replied "oh that's because it's our newest aircraft and we haven't installed Wi-Fi on it yet"! Funny, I was under the impression, that the neos get delivered with Wi-Fi already installed! I think she added, that the aircraft wasn't even 1 month old.
But yeah, I too noticed a few things. First of all you could tell that this was a relatively new aircraft. Very few signs of, let's say, misuse. However it struck me as really odd how the cushions on the bottom half of the seats not only get flat or "pressed" but also how they seem to be extremely easy to remove completely! I once almost did it by accident!
I was actually on NEI, which is one week newer despite the "lower" registration. That didn't have wifi either and I found it odd as well but guessed that it was due to it not being factory-installed.

That's exactly what I mean about the cushions. They get flat very quickly. I also noticed how easy they are to remove when my little one slid to the front of the seat and the back popped up making for a nice little "slide" for her.

As for signs of wear and tear, the cabin looked very fresh and had the "new plane" smell but the carpet looked really grimy considering the aircraft had been in service for less than a month at that point. It comes across as having chosen the cheapest option over more expensive but more durable versions.

Edit: here is a pic I took of the 3 week old carpet

giorginho and gioannis13 like this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by giorginho
Funny, I was under the impression, that the neos get delivered with Wi-Fi already installed
That is not the case
It's installed after delivery.
gpb_croppers63 and giorginho like this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Am I the only one to have noticed this?
Nope - My first Neo flight was actually on one of A3 first Neos in November 2021 and the first think that really hit me was how used the seats looked, especialy in comparision to the middle seat.

​​
gpb_croppers63 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 12:51 pm

Style over substsnce it would appear.
vectrox likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.