Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2020, 2:25 pm

Is it just me, or is strange that the website, social media, and airport signage still displays the old signage?

I understand that it will take months, and in some cases, years. But they are actively producing new marketing materials (with Covid-19 related messages) with the old livery and brand. In fact, I can’t find imagery of the new logo anywhere on the booking process.

Does this that the remodel is on hold until until the bulk of the virus panic is over? If so, it’s not necessarily a bad idea, seeing as funds should really only be going into the bare-essentials at the moment, across any business...

bcnfish likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I have only seen the new logo on the A20Ns and no where else. That said, it's probably not the best time to be spotting!
Old Apr 24, 2020, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by NikoLGA
Is it just me, or is strange that the website, social media, and airport signage still displays the old signage?

I understand that it will take months, and in some cases, years. But they are actively producing new marketing materials (with Covid-19 related messages) with the old livery and brand. In fact, I can’t find imagery of the new logo anywhere on the booking process.

Does this that the remodel is on hold until until the bulk of the virus panic is over? If so, it’s not necessarily a bad idea, seeing as funds should really only be going into the bare-essentials at the moment, across any business...

All rebrand work has been put on ice until the current crisis is over or at least at a level where things are starting to get back to what could be deemed as normal. It will be a very slow process. Rebranding the IT would be suicide at this time with the amount of
refunds and rebooks going on now is not the time to be playing around with IT for simply rebranding. Also check in desks and ticket desks is not essential work so I don't expect to see anything for at least another 6 months. We may see small updates where the situation
arises and can be done with minimal effort also we may see another ''launch'' of the brand when they start to change lounges/onboard catering/signage etc...
lhrpete likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I wasn't able to get a pic but I saw SX-NAA, the first A21N arriving at LHR this afternoon, I believe it was the first commercial flight and it made me smile on seeing it.

Hopefully before too long I'll be on it!
Old Nov 12, 2020, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by lhrpete
I wasn't able to get a pic but I saw SX-NAA, the first A21N arriving at LHR this afternoon, I believe it was the first commercial flight and it made me smile on seeing it.

Hopefully before too long I'll be on it!
Seems to be dedicated to the LHR route yesterday and today. Looks great there are some pics doing the rounds on Aviation sites.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 6:22 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Seems to be dedicated to the LHR route yesterday and today. Looks great there are some pics doing the rounds on Aviation sites.
And again today.

I should have been on A3 603 today. Grrrrr.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 3:07 am

lhrpete likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 3:49 am

What an unusual door / escape hatch configuration on that A321N... The first two exits are almost as far away from one another as the 3 exits from the wing towards the back.
Anyway, here are the 20's "NEA" and "NEC" as captured from taxiways a few months ago. I was supposed to fly on one of the neos in the summer (probably on the "NEC"), but there was an equipment change within 1 week of the flight...

SX-NEA DUS October 21st 2020

SX-NEC ATH July 31st 2020

(a bit of an unusual site to see them docked to a jetbridge and have the right door wide open!)
Old Dec 29, 2020, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by giorginho
What an unusual door / escape hatch configuration on that A321N... The first two exits are almost as far away from one another as the 3 exits from the wing towards the back.
Anyway, here are the 20's "NEA" and "NEC" as captured from taxiways a few months ago. I was supposed to fly on one of the neos in the summer (probably on the "NEC"), but there was an equipment change within 1 week of the flight...

(a bit of an unusual site to see them docked to a jetbridge and have the right door wide open!)
Probably ventilation .
Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
What an unusual door / escape hatch configuration on that A321N...
I think that's the standard A321-271 config - Lufthansa and Turkish have the same.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by lhrpete
I think that's the standard A321-271 config - Lufthansa and Turkish have the same.
Sure, I don't mean that Aegean did it, it's obviously Airbus, but compared to the more elegant and certainly very symmetrical "standard A321" design this just feels odd. I also mentioned the different distance between the two forward exits and the next ones, because this is a safety issue and it is regulated by the authorities (according to the number of seats etc.) so I found it strange that the configuration changed for the very same aircraft (count in the fact that replacing the forward emergency exit with over-wing ones allows for an additional 2 row of seats and I find it even stranger that this was approved).
​​​​​​
Old Jan 1, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: A3 *G
Sure, I don't mean that Aegean did it, it's obviously Airbus, but compared to the more elegant and certainly very symmetrical "standard A321" design this just feels odd. I also mentioned the different distance between the two forward exits and the next ones, because this is a safety issue and it is regulated by the authorities (according to the number of seats etc.) so I found it strange that the configuration changed for the very same aircraft (count in the fact that replacing the forward emergency exit with over-wing ones allows for an additional 2 row of seats and I find it even stranger that this was approved).
​​​​​​
I'm sure it's perfectly legal although I can't be bothered looking up the actual distances, sorry. I always thought that the space between exits 1 and 2 on the A321 was pretty small anyway, so this change probably looks 'worse' than it is because of what we're used to. Also, remember that the 2nd exits weren't full size (like 1 and 4) so couldn't take as much throughput in an emergency. Probably 4x over-wing can handle as many people, if not more, than the older configuration and the cabin density is generally skewed towards the rear on non-lowcost, with either some kind of fixed or variable C class, or fees for the front seats meaning lower occupancy at that end.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:34 am
Original Poster
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold

thats the Airbus Cabin Flex cabin, the A321neoLR has another door config
Old Jan 22, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
The maximum allowed distance between exits is 60 feet. Then, depending on the seat capacities, some of the exits can be de-activated and plugged.
Looking at the latest Aegean Seat maps (https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info...ats/seat_maps/) they have crammed 226 seats inside the A321Neos. The limit for the A321Neo with all exits activated is 240 seats. The "old" A321s have 207 seats with the limit being 220 seats.
Based on their seat capacities, I assume on the A320Neos and A321Neos, a good proportion of the seats are pitched at 28 inches... So those airplanes will be on my avoid list.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 2:44 am

All 321neo, and not only A3's, will have more seats than the "classic" A321 and they will have, throughout, a 28 in. pitch in an all-economy configuration. The fact that A3 will have 20 seats fewer than the maximum is most probably due to the first few rows, often used as business class seats, which will keep having a longer pitch. At any rate, the higher capacity is due to a different "architecture" of the planes concerning emergency exits, toilets, and the galley in the back. In other words, when the classic 321s are retired in years to come everybody flying a route where planes with more seats are needed will be heavily inconvenienced...
DELLAS, GBobon and romans like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.