Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios

Interior. Besides smartphone-stands and USB power (yay!) not much different from the current seats. Pitch is unknown but likely the same or tighter than on the older aircraft.
they have headrests which is what hated with the old seats. And I dont think they have gone like IB, TP or BA where the last rows have those awful slimline non reclining seats.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:51 am

Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by BA6948
they have headrests which is what hated with the old seats. And I dont think they have gone like IB, TP or BA where the last rows have those awful slimline non reclining seats.
Headrests are only for business class and up-front seats. Not the regular economy seats.

Also, there will be rebranding. The aegean sun and birds will be gone... Just the plain 'symmetrical' birds
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
That actually looks very nice. From the back it looked a bud meh but those seats "look comfortable".
Looking forward to my FRA-ATH flight in October
DELLAS likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Chiller3333
That actually looks very nice. From the back it looked a bud meh but those seats "look comfortable".
Looking forward to my FRA-ATH flight in October
Agreed they have put alot of thought into the interior. I like what they have done to the bulkhead also. The new branded pillows and the leather trim middle table in Business Class. Very smart and modern. The proof in the pudding will be trying out the seats for a 4 hour flight to see just how comfortable they are but I think they will be an improvement.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
The seats look like the TAP ones that are definitely an improvment on current LH & BA seats however the armrests do not move inwards in business class as the current ones do so gone is the extra width at the front - unless A3 have a customisation that keeps the current width. I hope the exterior will grow on me because at the moment I think it's underwhelming.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
I just saw that only business and up-front seats have headrests :/
On the one hand that makes up-front seats more appealing but it doesn't feel right if you know what I mean.
Whatever the case may be, I'm excited :P
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:06 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Agreed they have put alot of thought into the interior. I like what they have done to the bulkhead also. The new branded pillows and the leather trim middle table in Business Class. Very smart and modern. The proof in the pudding will be trying out the seats for a 4 hour flight to see just how comfortable they are but I think they will be an improvement.
The branded pillows does look good, however I actually prefer the current practice where if you request for a pillow, they will place a new tissue cover over it. I'm afraid with the new ones, it will just be reused until the flight ends it's "shift" for the day - like a lot of airlines these days. So for me I would choose to go for something more hygenic vs something esthetic.

From the virtual tour, seems that indeed the centre armrest cannot be shifted from width - this will be a pity, although not really an issue for me, but the extra width was nice. All in all, interior of the Neo does look good, a slight improvement to modernize the cabin compared to current interiors.

I guess service items will be updated too for all non-Neo operated routes?
Any plan for update to the uniforms?
Current livery will also be repainted as they go for their periodic checks?

Cheers!

Last edited by nldogbert; Feb 12, 2020 at 10:12 am
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:42 am

Walk through video :

Promo video :

And a bit explaining the new brand :

A new brand vision

Our refreshed brand identity is a symbol of our future; a sustainable and dynamic one that embodies the true spirit of Greece and our values. A mix of bold, classical forms combined with the purity of symmetry and a new color palette to embody the vision for our neo era.

Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Looks very good, I liked the old logo but this is growing on me. The interior looks nice, the device holders is a good idea. The guy next to me today held his mobile for 4 hours during the flight, so I guess he will be happy!

It seems the trend now, to simplify logos. But this looks very fresh, it seems Aegean is coming of age. A new golden age of Greek aviation?

I saw the other bird today at Athens, still covered over.
​​​​​​
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:00 pm

Old Feb 13, 2020, 3:09 am

Programs: A3*G
I loved the old logo. I do not like the new one. I don't get why A3 decided to change their logo after just a few years. Obviously the delivery of the new aircraft offers a quite cheap opportunity to change colours but then again it will be expensive to change all the logos on desks, gates etc. I mean I'll never understand why LH changed their well known yellow to blue. A3's change is by far not as radical. I'll miss the old logo...
Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:42 am
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Originally Posted by l380
It reminds me Malaysia Airlines' livery. It is growing on me slowly but I wish they could be less MH like
My exact thought, the tip of the wau especially their 'special' A380 livery in aegean blue.
The old logo expresses the Greek aegean better.
Kudos on the refurbished interiors. Can't wait to test them out.

Last edited by c2h; Feb 13, 2020 at 5:49 am
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by c2h
My exact thought, the tip of the wau especially their 'special' A380 livery in aegean blue.
The old logo expresses the Greek aegean better.
Kudos on the refurbished interiors. Can't wait to test them out.
What's a wau? A character from ancient Greek also known as digamma?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold DL Gold VY apologist
I wish they had spent some of their laser budget on decent business seats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.