Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:16 pm

No way for me: this would eliminate all domestic my A3/OA flights from earning status miles (OA is not *A).
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
No way for me: this would eliminate all domestic my A3/OA flights from earning status miles (OA is not *A).
Olympic is a full partner of Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles - that might be an option!

As an ex-A3 FF who has since moved on to TK due to circumstances (having fallen back from A3 *G to nothing after a two year hiatus of flying - and TK being the only option to get a status match for my SkyTeam status to regain instant *G) I have to say that the differences between the programs aren't that big. Sure, there are some aspects which make TK's program very attractive, but there are equally some aspects of Miles+Bonus which I still miss. This counts both for different earning and spending tables with each their own sweet spots - as well as other perks and the design of the program. I can for example still remember complaining about software issues on these boards and certain aspects of the website not properly functioning, but believe me, that is nothing to the challenges of TK M&S IT systems

For those contemplating OZ or TK - don't automatically assume that the grass is greener outside of Greece!
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
...{snip}...For those contemplating OZ or TK - don't automatically assume that the grass is greener outside of Greece!
Yes, Crete is very green presently, and the mountains are white, and the sea is blue, and hardly any tourists around.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Olympic is a full partner of Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles - that might be an option!

As an ex-A3 FF who has since moved on to TK due to circumstances (having fallen back from A3 *G to nothing after a two year hiatus of flying - and TK being the only option to get a status match for my SkyTeam status to regain instant *G) I have to say that the differences between the programs aren't that big. Sure, there are some aspects which make TK's program very attractive, but there are equally some aspects of Miles+Bonus which I still miss. This counts both for different earning and spending tables with each their own sweet spots - as well as other perks and the design of the program. I can for example still remember complaining about software issues on these boards and certain aspects of the website not properly functioning, but believe me, that is nothing to the challenges of TK M&S IT systems

For those contemplating OZ or TK - don't automatically assume that the grass is greener outside of Greece!
I did just the opposite change last year: from TK Gold (for several years) to A3 Gold. I got really fed with with Miles & Smiles non-existent customer service, continious errors and how corrupt the program is (search the forum for who wins contests and general TK actions to please the state). Also note TK is refusing to issue F awards on any airline since last summer.

That said, TK is good in earning, has some redemptions sweet spots (if you're able to redeem on partners) and status is easy to come by and maintain.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:45 am

Yes, Crete is very green presently, and the mountains are white, and the sea is blue, and hardly any tourists around.
100% true
Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:56 pm

This may be the wrong place to ask this, but i thought it might be related. I have an April 12th Rome to Athens flight booked on Aegean. They just changed the plane I believe as I had exit rows and they had to reassign me. The plane it says the flight is an A321 but the seat map doesn't line up with what I see online at various sites. It still has the 2x2 configuration in the front exit row, but they show that as row 10 whereas places like Seatguru and others show it as row 9. There is no row 9 listed on their seat map. Same in the back. They show the rear exit row as row 26, where most sites online show it as row 24. Is that a new plane configuration or is that just a weird way of them showing the maps online?

I grabbed the 10b/10c as I'm traveling with my wife and the 2x2 is what we always try to grab.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 2:58 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by Stickboy46
This may be the wrong place to ask this, but i thought it might be related. I have an April 12th Rome to Athens flight booked on Aegean. They just changed the plane I believe as I had exit rows and they had to reassign me. The plane it says the flight is an A321 but the seat map doesn't line up with what I see online at various sites. It still has the 2x2 configuration in the front exit row, but they show that as row 10 whereas places like Seatguru and others show it as row 9. There is no row 9 listed on their seat map. Same in the back. They show the rear exit row as row 26, where most sites online show it as row 24. Is that a new plane configuration or is that just a weird way of them showing the maps online?

I grabbed the 10b/10c as I'm traveling with my wife and the 2x2 is what we always try to grab.
Yes, this is a discussion thread about the new A320neo family aircraft. There is a dedicated thread for seating questions in the current fleet, so mods are kindly asked to move this discussion there.

Unless there has been some rather recent change, both 10 and 11 are emergency exit rows on the A321. There are only 2x2 seats in row 10 (no 10A/F). Pitch is huge and provides plenty of room to fully stretch your legs. Pitch in row 11 is not as generous, with the exception of the window seats (11A/11F) which provide even more legroom as there are no window seats in row 10. A downside of seats 10 B/C (apart of course from bags having to be stored overhead for taxi, takeoff and landing) is that one has to use the often flimsy tables stored in the armrest. There is moreover practically no window in that that row (save for a tiny elevated one). If you don't mind those things though 10B/C should be very fine for a couple.

I think there might be also an alternative configuration, but I can't be positive since my usual A3 routes rarely involve the A321. Fellow A3 flyers please correct me if I am wrong! The flight is anyway rather short so it shouldn't matter that much... Safe flights!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ntzanos
The first A320neo flight that I managed to find is this one

Seems like they changed the first A320neo flight to LHR to 02/14.
georgetasioulis likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:15 am

The presentation of the new airplanes, logo, uniforms etc was supposed to be on 4th February, but couple of days ago changed to 12th February.
SK and Chiller3333 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:10 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by East_and_West
What I secretly hope instead is that their new cabin will feature onboard wi-fi and charging ports, but I keep my expectations low in order not to be disappointed if they don't.
I also hope for onboard WiFi on the neos.
Are you from RHO too?
East_and_West likes this.

Last edited by georgetasioulis; Feb 5, 2020 at 3:11 pm
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by georgetasioulis
I'm also hope for onboard WiFi on the neos.
Are you from RHO too?
I, in contrast, wish and... hope they won't have any!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:26 am

Are you from RHO too?
No, I wish. I love Rhodos (and RHO too, in non-peak season )
I do visit rather often though. My wife is half Greek, and her parents spend most of their year in Rhodos ever since they retired. Every now and then I travel there for work too. Which is nice since I get my employer to pay for my tickets for my family visit...

Onboard Wi-Fi would be great, especially in longer flights. ATH-ARN for example involves 3+ hours of cruise time, during which it's not always easy to focus and do real work. Lack of space, screaming children, inconsiderately loud neighbours, etc... So it would be more efficient to use this time to finish some mechanical and less mentally challenging tasks, such as answering emails, downloading data, and filling out forms. Then when you arrive you are mostly done with all this boring stuff, which is a nice feeling and saves you time!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:32 am

Are you from RHO too?
...and welcome to FT by the way!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: A3*G
Onboard Wi-Fi would be great, especially in longer flights. ATH-ARN for example involves 3+ hours of cruise time, during which it's not always easy to focus and do real work. Lack of space, screaming children, inconsiderately loud neighbours, etc... So it would be more efficient to use this time to finish some mechanical and less mentally challenging tasks, such as answering emails, downloading data, and filling out forms. Then when you arrive you are mostly done with all this boring stuff, which is a nice feeling and saves you time!
Exactly! In my case, just some basic connectivity to get alerts/notifications related to my work, and being able to run a few diagnostics from my computer would be more than enough, and would save me from a lot of the stress.

...and welcome to FT by the way!
Thank you

I, in contrast, wish and... hope they won't have any!
I don't want to disappoint you, but it's just a matter of time
Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:36 pm

...{snip}...I don't want to disappoint you, but it's just a matter of time
Yes, unfortunately, I know! And to the screaming children, inconsiderately loud neighbours, etc.. (@East_and_West), you'll add all those talking to business partners, friend and family using their smartphones and/or laptops. Only one thing comes to my mind, literally:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.