Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by airlinerwatch
Athens, Greece - The Greek low-cost operator Aegean Airlines will put its first Airbus A320neo into service in February on routes from Athens to London, Munich, and Cyprus...{long snip}
Now, having read the report cited, I wonder which is true:
* Does the intro to the article reveal how well-informed the site is? or
* Did the frequent complaints of our fellow FTers about the high cost of the tickets Germany-LCA finally achieve a change in the corporate policies of A3?
Dover2Golf and GBobon like this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:27 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by lhrpete

It states that the A20N will have a total of 166 seats which is lower than the 180 which now seems to be standard
Huh ? That would also be lower than the current 174 seats they have on the A320 ceo. Does that make sense ??
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Interesting. The seatmap currently loaded for Aegean's A320neo has 180 seats, but that might just be a placeholder.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I guess if there will be a new image, we'll be seeing a new or refreshed website too. When is this all supposed to happen?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:51 pm

The first commercial flight is scheduled to take place mid-February.
So they must reveal everything sometime before then I guess.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
The first commercial flight is scheduled to take place mid-February.
So they must reveal everything sometime before then I guess.
According to galley FM, it is gonna be on 4th February.
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 12:45 pm

I have the flight in March which shows the A32N, however the seatmap cannot be opened. Should I expect something new to bid for the J upgrade hhh?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:02 pm

I have a flight on the A320neo in August and I can open the seatmap on Aegean and expertflyer. Everything looks as expected.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:35 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Introducing proper business class seats would be awesome! Unfortunately, I don't believe this is going to happen, at least not on a wide scale. As far as I get it, A320 neos are supposed to gradually replace A3's A320 ceo-family birds. Given the extreme seasonality in traffic that A3 experiences, how likely do you think it is that they will actively choose to curtail the capacity of their future fleet just to introduce recliners that during summer they will almost always be filled with op-upped pax? I fly ARN-ATH-ARN regularly, (and subsequently often continue to ATH-RHO-ATH). October till April these flights have their fair share of business travellers in both cabins (usually 2-3 rows in Bus). From May to September and around Christmas though the plane is completely full of leisure travellers, very often in single class configuration. Not to mention that the same birds that are flying to ARN (or to most other longer European routes) are then doing fill up routes to the Greek islands, which are again packed and all-Y in four or five months of the year.

Even if they introduce proper J cabin fleetwide (which again I don't see this happening, as it would be an unnecessarily risky move from the usually cautious and reasonable A3...), rest assured that the upgrade coupons will be soon enhanced away, or their number enhanced down What I secretly hope instead is that their new cabin will feature onboard wi-fi and charging ports, but I keep my expectations low in order not to be disappointed if they don't.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by East_and_West
Even if they introduce proper J cabin fleetwide (which again I don't see this happening, as it would be an unnecessarily risky move from the usually cautious and reasonable A3...), rest assured that the upgrade coupons will be soon enhanced away, or their number enhanced down What I secretly hope instead is that their new cabin will feature onboard wi-fi and charging ports, but I keep my expectations low in order not to be disappointed if they don't.
One thing you can be certain of (given their past record) is that they won't give us any advance notice!
Old Jan 20, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The first A320neo flight that I managed to find is this one

Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Given the business class loads between LHR-ATH it would be very strange if they cut the seats to eight on this route when there are often 30+ in business where although they have three services a day they are not the dominant player by quite a margin. A3608/9 has been downgaged from an A321 to an A320 since the beginning of the month. Maybe loads are light in January but at other times of the year when I've been on A3608 it has almost always been full and never particularly cheap.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Based on aibfamily for the A320/9400 and the A320/9497, and the indicated timeframes, we should get an update from Aegean in a couple of days.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: M&M Frequent Flyer, A3 GOLD
Originally Posted by purplexed
Based on aibfamily for the A320/9400 and the A320/9497, and the indicated timeframes, we should get an update from Aegean in a couple of days.
Indeed SX-NEA completed customer acceptance flight today.
The third NEO SX-NEB completed first flight on 17th.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
If they enhanced away the upgrade coupons, would anyone consider jumping ship to the likes of OZ? (the airline, not the destination!)

I guess the easy 12K + 4 segments would keep me on board, but if they upped the requirement to 20K, say, I would probably look at moving to OZ (*G = 40K in 2 years; requal with 30K in 2 years; lifetime status available).

Having said that, the *A earnings tables are far from stellar when it comes to OZ (no juicy sweet spots like SAS+ at 200%), and the website is atrocious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.