Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest
Anyway, I thought you said upthread that all seats are the same and you can't understand why people make a fuss about it!!!!
Indeed, but I like to select a seat - for free - ASAP so that I have the greatest selection.

I was happy to wait for OLCI to select a seat! These bookings were made - via a Greek travel agaent, as it happens! - last September, who then assured me that my A3*G number was correctly associated with the booking (see below)

The only reason I bothered to contact SAS now, and see if I could now select ANY seat, was because you said that A3*G got free seat selection in advance on SK. This didn't chime with my experience, but I couldn't be certain until I had verified with SK that the numbers actually were in the booking.

Instead of being charged €15 for any seat, I could now select any seat for €0. Including the emergency exit row. But I never select those seats!!!
Attached Images   

Last edited by irishguy28; Feb 8, 2018 at 8:42 am
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
See what a good feeling that is when you can select a seat you want for free. Perhaps you now understand why this thread exists!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:57 am

I had bookings made from September and October for summer 2018 and I called to select my seat at the call center.

So far the system keeps all the selections I have made, and I can move around the plane selecting similar seats (extra leg room)
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:00 pm
AOH

Originally Posted by eshroom
It's not about the 8 euros for me. I really enjoy Aegean because they treat their *G's well. I look forward to every Aegean flight due to the great customer service, catering, on-board experience etc. I wouldn't say this about any other regional flights.

The seat charge is one step closer to making their *G's no more special than other airlines.
well said.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by johnirvine
Aegean now appears to be behaving very unfairly with seat bookings made before the cut-off date. I have checked several bookings and found that they have unilaterally moved me to standard seats - for example, on Feb 25th, I had seat 3A booked from LCA to ATH but it was changed to 12A with no notification. On talking to Aegean, they informed me that business class had been moved back to row 4 and the computer had therefore allocated me 12A. They were not allowed now to rebook me into vacant upfront seat 5A unless I paid the new fee. This is wholly shabby behaviour and Aegean will lose a lot of custom from formerly loyal passengers like me.
After protesting to Aegean Customer Relations, they have now apologised and allocated me seat 5A (the first window economy seat). Further work will now be required to rebook other changed seats. It seems that A3 agents do not have the authority to handle such seating issues and e-mail correspondence is required.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Sign of times, next will be luggage restrictions.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:06 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I have two forthcoming trips, booked via a third party, and for which I laterlly tried to get the agent to add the numbers. They said they did, but I could see no evidence of that when consulting the bookigns ont he SK website, who wanted to charge €15 for any seat.
For travel agent bookings on SK, my A3 number never gets inserted properly, despite (as with you) the agent saying they added it.

Sometimes I have to try all four SK sites (flysas.com, sas.dk, sas.no, sas.se) before my A3 number stays in the booking, and then go back to another one to choose the seat, but it has always worked eventually.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
For travel agent bookings on SK, my A3 number never gets inserted properly, despite (as with you) the agent saying they added it.

Sometimes I have to try all four SK sites (flysas.com, sas.dk, sas.no, sas.se) before my A3 number stays in the booking, and then go back to another one to choose the seat, but it has always worked eventually.
Its an issue with SK . On 99% of my SK bookings my A3 number never goes from the Travel Agent GDS to SK system. I always have to call SK and get them to add manually. Rarely have this issue with most other major carriers in Star Alliance or OW.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by :D!

Thanks for the tip!!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:51 pm
THR

Hey all,

Just a query. I did in fact pay (I'm not Gold on A*) for the 'Upfront' seat on an A320 (Athens to Paris). Out of interest, does that seat (3C) have as much legroom as an 'Extra legroom' seat? Or does it have extra legroom at all?

It cost more than the standard extra legroom on this flight, but seatguru does not mean that it actually has extra legroom.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:55 pm

Yes, it has more legroom than all seats behind row 4, with the exception of the emergency exit ones.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:10 pm
AOH

Originally Posted by KLouis
Yes, it has more legroom than all seats behind row 4, with the exception of the emergency exit ones.
Don't the seats with extra legroom extend to row 8 or so?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:54 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I was under the impression that the extra legroom stopped after row 5. Hmm, i really hope so actually, most of nu flights in economy are in this row (I don’t like to sit directly behind the curtain).

Last edited by Xandrios; Feb 10, 2018 at 9:27 am
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
My impression is that the seats with extra legroom are up to row 4 for the A320 and to row 5 for the A321. From what I have seen with future seat plans, Aegean may be trying to extend business class to row 4 on most flights.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:19 am
THR

We wanted to book business on this flight but it seems to be all sold out. But we can still buy row 3, which I did.

Thanks for the responses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.