Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Ancillary revenue is big money these days.
That's ok. But why did they reduce the number of business miles for many international flights (quite some time now)? Why are there no more miles for bookings in flex? Why don't you get a free front row seat with every flex booking? Why don't you get extra miles for selecting a front row seat?
They demand more money, but there's no value for us Golds (or those on track for Gold) in that and they even deprived us of some privileges. So far I'm glad to see, that the food is still good both in Y and C.
I understand, the competition with Ryanair is fierce on those domestic routes. Also, many airlines had dropped their flights to Greece a few years ago and are back with the latest tourism explosion. But the candy, the skilled call center agents, the food, simply: the little things make Aegean such a great choice. I'm not sure, it's clever to scratch them.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
What is the email address to send them the feedback?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nk15
What is the email address to send them the feedback?
Use the webform:

https://aegeanairlines.custhelp.com/...UkElMjElMjE%3D
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
[email protected] seems to work too judging from past experience.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by FlyEurope
[email protected] seems to work too judging from past experience.
You mean, you succeeded in them changing a new policy that we (FTers) objected to by sending them an email?
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
You mean, you succeeded in them changing a new policy that we (FTers) objected to by sending them an email?
Unfortunately not. It's just a valid E-Mail adress to get in touch with them.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Shocker! I've switched to A3 and SK as my main airlines for 2018 (to take the A3 *G path). First, SK removes +1 PC for *G on Go Light fares (copying the dastardly LH) and now A3 pulls this. I'm starting to think like they're all out to get me. It's enough to make me flee back to the tender embrace of SQ (not exactly the most generous airline for elites but at least with them you don't think like they can hit you over the head with a hammer at any moment).
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by yurtripper
First, SK removes +1 PC for *G on Go Light fares (copying the dastardly LH)
For real? Oh no! I have 2 SK tix coming up in a few weeks to position to my main A3 2019 requalification status run ticket. And I was counting on the free +1 bag...

EDIT: phew. Applies to all tickets for travel after May 6th, with the exception of EB/*G members on tickets booked before January 25ht

Last edited by irishguy28; Feb 5, 2018 at 2:41 am
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by FlyEurope
Unfortunately not. It's just a valid E-Mail adress to get in touch with them.
Well, remember that complaining via email/form/calls actually worked when A3 had introduced the "no coupon upgrades for ALL U/P/T fares", and they retracted it so that it only applied to GoLight fares
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:46 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I received a reply to my complaint message. The standard Golds-get-50%-discount thing. I specifically asked about upgrades of Golds in the case of regular economy being full, and Up front seats being available.

In cases that all standard seats have been occupied by other passengers, when you complete your web check-in, you shall be offered at no cost one of the available seats randomly. It should be clarified though that, in case you wish to change the automatically given seat to any other chargeable seat, you may pay the relevant cost.
So no preference to Golds, and no way to move to another seat if you get stuck on a middle seat.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Is it just me or does the 50% discount for golds seem almost worse than nothing? I mean, it signifies that they actually gave consideration to gold members and this is all they want to offer. And it just seems cheap when we are talking about a 2 EUR fee in some cases.
headingwest, MrArkadin and Chr04 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
They sent an email advertising the charges as enhancements. They are idiots
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:36 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
They sent an email advertising the charges as enhancements. They are idiots
Succinct and accurate, I’m afraid. Apparently it’s now a Gold benefit to be able to pay for seats that previously could be selected for free. Do they seriously think anyone’s going to be taken in by this? Absolutely delusional ...

Select your favorite seat type!
Now, you may preselect online your preferred Standard seat, anytime you wish, free of charge for you and your travel companions.
Enjoy an even more comfortable journey, by selecting an Up Front seat* and get a 50% exclusive discount.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:58 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Textbook.
Every airline I have seen doing the same change did the same email highlighting the changes as a new benefits.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm sure I remember seeing a British comedy sketch back when I was at Uni, where someone was threatening to beat another guy up and said that he was going to 'enhance' his face. The details are vague but maybe A3 staff saw a similar sketch and took it as the standard meaning in English.

LH is the meanest airline on the planet but at least they don't have the nerve to describe things like removing +1 PC for *G as an enhancement (I guess when you're an untouchable monopoly you can afford to be a bit more forthright).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.