Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:11 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
No. Once you earn Gold you need to wait until your status renewal date to start earning miles to maintain.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
No. Once you earn Gold you need to wait until your status renewal date to start earning miles to maintain.
This is such a wrong answer!! What "status renewal date"? He will have just earned gold, so his gold year, in which he must collect the miles for retaining it past his "renewal date", will begin immediately on that same day! If he waits until "renewal" without doing anything, he will just drop back to silver!
Originally Posted by Rosh1
Question about tier milles:
I'm currently an a3 silver, going on a very big trip soon, that will be more than enough to upgrade me to gold (will achieve 30k tier miles from this trip).
The question is- will the extra miles from this trip (after tier upgrade) count immediately as miles for maintaining the new gold tier?
Yes, they will count!! The day of the tier upgrade is simultaneously the 1st day of the 365 day period you have to collect the miles (and segments, if needed) to retain it, so they count (confirmed by various members here including -twice- myself).
This only happens when changing tiers, not when meeting the criteria to retain a certain tier.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 8:56 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by giorginho
This is such a wrong answer!! What "status renewal date"? He will have just earned gold, so his gold year, in which he must collect the miles for retaining it past his "renewal date", will begin immediately on that same day! If he waits until "renewal" without doing anything, he will just drop back to silver!
Yes, they will count!! The day of the tier upgrade is simultaneously the 1st day of the 365 day period you have to collect the miles (and segments, if needed) to retain it, so they count (confirmed by various members here including -twice- myself).
This only happens when changing tiers, not when meeting the criteria to retain a certain tier.
If you sign up the 1st January, earns Gold the 31st July, all miles earned from 1st August to 31st December are not for renewing Gold. Only miles earned from 1st January the year after will earn towards Gold renewal.

Edit : sorry I mixed up with another program. Gioginho is correct, the date resets when reaching a status and miles overspill into renewing status.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by romans
does anyone know if A3*G has a lounge access to any lounge at TUN airport? https://airportlounges.net/airport-l...e-airport-tun/ mentioned STAR ALLIANCE LOUNGE which seems to be mistake. https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder found 2 lounges but A3 is not mentioned there. thx for experience
because no one answered I had to test it
Salon Privilege 🙏🏻

Old Nov 4, 2023, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by DCK
If I use my aeroplan points to book a flight, do I get SQM? ...{long snip}....
I assume you mean earning A3 miles and you didn't post this on this forum by mistake! If true, I think that you got the wrong info from the Air Canada agent and that you'll get disappointed as I never heard of a fidelity program giving SQMs to an award flight, be it one of its own or a partner's... But you can check by yourself: Look at your booking class, then go into the Air Canada miles-earning chart on Aegean's site and see whether it is listed as miles-earning or not. If yes, retro claim them from A3, if not... the Aeroplan agent was, simply, full of xxxx!
Old Nov 6, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
can someone please confirm a curiosity I have - just reached silver and to qualify for gold I need 24k miles with at least 4 aegean flights. does it mean that all 24k miles must be flown with aegean, or IF I take 4 aegean flights where the 24k miles come from is irrelevant?

e.g. imagine I run 2x a/r CDG-ATH, that amounts to 4 flights ~15k. can I earn the remaining 9k with any *a carrier or do these 9k still need to be aegean miles?

(hope what I wrote is clear). ty!
Old Nov 6, 2023, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by straniero
can someone please confirm a curiosity I have...
If you fly 4 segments with Aegean/Olympic, then it's irrelevant which airlines you earn the 24000 miles with.
giorginho likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
ty drvb
Old Nov 10, 2023, 4:36 am

I have an Aegean flight booked using Aegean miles, and the flight time has changed by 6 hours. Under 'manage my booking', I have the option to move this flight 7 days before or after the original date. The call center informed me that there is a window of 10 days for making changes; otherwise, they can offer a free cancellation.

I remember in the past, I could move the flight to any date without restrictions. Any recent expreriences?
Old Nov 10, 2023, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by nikolask
I have an Aegean flight booked using Aegean miles, and the flight time has changed by 6 hours. Under 'manage my booking', I have the option to move this flight 7 days before or after the original date. The call center informed me that there is a window of 10 days for making changes; otherwise, they can offer a free cancellation.

I remember in the past, I could move the flight to any date without restrictions. Any recent expreriences?
it's new normal for several months
Old Nov 10, 2023, 12:21 pm

If I have, say, 20000 miles before my first qualifying A3 sectors for Silver, do I need a further 24000 (plus A3 sectors) for gold from then onwards, or will the previous 8000 count towards it?
Old Nov 10, 2023, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by steview111
If I have, say, 20000 miles before my first qualifying A3 sectors for Silver, do I need a further 24000 (plus A3 sectors) for gold from then onwards, or will the previous 8000 count towards it?
Those 8000 miles, plus however many you collect with your 2 A3 sectors, will count towards gold. However, they will still only be valid for 365 days after those flights were taken, so after you reach silver you won't have a whole year to make it to gold with <16.000 +4 segments.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 4:37 pm

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
I've had status with UA/MP for many years but won't get my 4 UA segments this year. I have already flown 4 A3 segments (in september 23) so was wondering about retracting my existing flights from UA (which I believe is possible since I did it once before) and crediting to A3, along with some long haul flights to Australia coming up. Questions:

1) For gold, do I need 4 A3 segments to get to silver and then another 4 to get to gold? I believe that since they are in September I won't. Correct?
2) I believe I need 12000 + 24000 miles to get to gold. Correct?

thanks
Old Nov 14, 2023, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
I've had status with UA/MP for many years but won't get my 4 UA segments this year. I have already flown 4 A3 segments (in september 23) so was wondering about retracting my existing flights from UA (which I believe is possible since I did it once before) and crediting to A3, along with some long haul flights to Australia coming up. Questions:

1) For gold, do I need 4 A3 segments to get to silver and then another 4 to get to gold? I believe that since they are in September I won't. Correct?
2) I believe I need 12000 + 24000 miles to get to gold. Correct?

thanks
1) You need 2 segments for Silver and 4 for Gold. However segements do not carry over, meaning if you fly 5 Segments and than reach 12k tier miles you still need 4 Segments for Gold.

2) Yes that ist korrekt. However in contrast to segments tier miles do carry over, meaning if you already have 11,5k tier miles and than get a flight with 4k miles you online need an additional 20,5k tier miles to reach gold.

I have no clue if you can manage to decredit your September A3 flights from UA MP and recredit them to A3 M&B.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
Originally Posted by vectrox
1) You need 2 segments for Silver and 4 for Gold. However segements do not carry over, meaning if you fly 5 Segments and than reach 12k tier miles you still need 4 Segments for Gold.

2) Yes that ist korrekt. However in contrast to segments tier miles do carry over, meaning if you already have 11,5k tier miles and than get a flight with 4k miles you online need an additional 20,5k tier miles to reach gold.

I have no clue if you can manage to decredit your September A3 flights from UA MP and recredit them to A3 M&B.
Many thanks for this; I have uncredited in the past. But don't naturally have plandss to get another 2 x A3 segments, so maybe I'll find another home for my upcoming segments -- e.g. M&M where I'd get silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.