Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2020, 1:13 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
If someone has any confirmation (or even more reliable gossips) of when Aegean flights are being restarted I'd be very interested to know. Specifically talking about OTP-ATH flights, which are scheduled for the summer, but are currently suspended. Romania is on the list of trusted 19/20 countries, so I have no doubt that at one point it will be restored, just wondering how early as I'd like to take a Greek holiday as early as possible in July.
Old May 22, 2020, 2:33 pm

,, Romania is on the list of trusted 19/20 countries" Where you found thes list?
Old May 22, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by powergean
,, Romania is on the list of trusted 19/20 countries" Where you found thes list?
https://greekcitytimes.com/2020/05/2...-from-june-15/

Although it's not yet officially verified - and some online sources say Germany is the 20th country which will be included. Should be officially announced very soon what I gathered.
powergean likes this.
Old May 22, 2020, 3:26 pm

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Interesting Australia is one but New Zealand is not even though running at 0 or at worst 1-2 new cases a day
Old May 23, 2020, 7:26 am

What's interesting with the "list" is that all Greek TV and radio stations, newspapers and news sites circulated the same one for 2-3 days and then yesterday (or was it on Thursday?) the Minister for Tourism said that there is no such list. Supposedly there will be some kind of open-ended list beginning next week or the week after. I have no idea who started it, the Minister, one of his cronies, a journalist, who knows...
romans and powergean like this.
Old May 24, 2020, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
I understand that of course - but my point is more that there may be little point in flying to places currently scheduled, for those last two weeks in June, if they are not on that list? Ireland for example: not on the list and ROI has a quarantine in place as well, so surely that route for those 2 weeks would not be viable.
The DUB flights I was referring to have now been cancelled.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: STEWARDESS
Where is the flying team sleeping after they finish?
Old Aug 9, 2020, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by KylieArnold
Where is the flying team sleeping after they finish?
At home?
Old Aug 14, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Dan1113
The DUB flights I was referring to have now been cancelled.
What a pity! Why not fly to Dubai instead?
Old Aug 17, 2020, 4:25 am

I have a LHR-ATH-LHR flex fare which I will not use at this stage. I will be flying the route in the future for sure, but don't know when.

Let's say the ticket cost 300GBP.
  • If I request a voucher, will I have to book a flex fare again? People mention a 20EUR fee when booking the voucher, is that 20GBP in my case? And I hope they don't mean 2x20, one fee per way
  • Is there any realistic chance of getting a refund? If so, how much would I get back?
If I decide to go for the voucher, can I request it online or do I need to call them?

Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2020, 8:57 am

i did it online, but 2 month ago.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Dumb Question time!
I am looking at booking some Flex tickets for next year. Reading the fare rules it says that that changes are free as long as you rebook into the same booking class. In my opinion it mean P to P and so on.
When I called Aegean they old me that if the fare is different, I would have to pay the difference. Aka I purchase it on discount now and if I have to change it when there isn't a discount im stuck paying the difference even if I more from P to P and so on.
Would that be the case or will I be able to rebook without paying the fare difference?
Old Aug 23, 2020, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
Dumb Question time!
I am looking at booking some Flex tickets for next year. Reading the fare rules it says that that changes are free as long as you rebook into the same booking class. In my opinion it mean P to P and so on.
When I called Aegean they old me that if the fare is different, I would have to pay the difference. Aka I purchase it on discount now and if I have to change it when there isn't a discount im stuck paying the difference even if I more from P to P and so on.
Would that be the case or will I be able to rebook without paying the fare difference?
Of course you have to pay the price difference. If your ticket was 40 e in winter, in the high seson can be 280. They not giving it for free..
Old Aug 23, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by powergean
Of course you have to pay the price difference. If your ticket was 40 e in winter, in the high seson can be 280. They not giving it for free..
They question was more concerning slight chance not changing low season to high season.
It is just that if I buy a ticket with the current promotions and have to change it by a couple of days or a week. I don't want to be stuck paying the money I saved. At that point the flex ticket doesn't offer anything I might as well then just buy a light ticket at the last minute.
​​​​​Also the wording in the dare rules makes it sound like there is no fare difference to be paid if the booking class doesn't change.
​​​​​​
Old Aug 23, 2020, 3:26 pm

You only dont pay the changeing fee, if you have a flex ticket. And i think, you can also cancel and taking money back( not all the price, but better then nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.