Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:37 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
1) If I understand correctly, it will just depend on how many more miles you will earn before year end. You already have the 4 segments required to go from Silver to Gold so you just need to earn a total of 24,000 miles before the end of the year if you can - and you already have at least 6000 of those as you have retained Silver. Otherwise you can just do 24,000 miles next year. Neither way is more 'efficient' - it just depends on your travel plans.
2) From the day yow become Gold for one year. So don't worry about your current renewal date - that will be reset and you will get a full year of Gold either way.
3) I am also wondering that as I have found some very cheap SAS-Plus flights in March which I'd like to use for my renewal. I guess we won't know until at least December. Personally I think A3 will cut that earning rate too - maybe to 100% but that's just a guess. The A3 earnings on SK flights are already much higher than the same flights credited to Eurobonus, even before the changes, so this might be an opportunity for them to be brought into line.
Many thanks Knobbgb this helps!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:22 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
So the moment that you become Gold, your year resets. You then have 12 months to re-qualify (or fall back to a lower level).

That means it depends a bit on your flying pattern. If you can become Gold now you can start using it as well. So if you do have flights planned, you will enjoy lounge access, upgrade vouchers and so on. If not, you may just as well wait till a little later this year to not 'waste' a few months of being Gold without any flights to use the status on. The moment you qualify the year for requalification starts ticking.

Regarding SAS I think its very much up in the air at the moment. Nobody really knows, and changes may happen at any time. That is true for all carriers, but especially so for SAS due to the changes they announced. My personal estimation is that SAS Plus will keep earning some miles in any case, but who knows. For example Lufthansa business class (P fare) earns absolutely nothing, so it's not anything new if the cheaper Plus/Business fares would start earning nothing.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:27 am

Status duration

So, the answers above seem to make it clear for me, but better ask one more time than lose a lot.

I will get gold in November. Let’s say it will be 25 November I become gold with A3. And I have Lufthansa first class flights scheduled for January, that will net me around 29k miles, so I will requalify. The main question - when my gold status ends now? Am I right that it ends 25 November 2020 in this case, and to save it I will have to requalify again from 25 November 2019 to 25 November 2020?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:12 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
This is correct.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:14 am

Just a quick question for the experts here. I am 82 tier miles away from achieving gold before Nov 23rd this year. I don't expect to fly before then, so wondering about the cheapest way to get there. I could purchase 500 tier miles for 50 euros. Any other (cheaper) option? Thanks again!
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:48 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
of youre in Greece you may be lucky to catch a 19EUR ow ticket to some island, probably will give you more than 100 miles but 50eur is not that much
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:45 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
And you'd have to get back as well - I don't think that there are any roundtrips within Greece for less than 50 euro. Unless you can find a way to earn the miles using a flight I would suggest to just buy the missing ones.

Good point is that, because you are going from silver to gold, I would expect that the surplus status miles will be carried to next year (the Gold renewal).
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by GBobon
of youre in Greece you may be lucky to catch a 19EUR ow ticket to some island, probably will give you more than 100 miles but 50eur is not that much
Thanks! Yes indeed. I will just buy the additional miles.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
And you'd have to get back as well - I don't think that there are any roundtrips within Greece for less than 50 euro. Unless you can find a way to earn the miles using a flight I would suggest to just buy the missing ones.

Good point is that, because you are going from silver to gold, I would expect that the surplus status miles will be carried to next year (the Gold renewal).
I am already at gold now, so looks like any "surplus miles" will be lost because as I understand the miles to earn status resets on the day of gold renewal.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
LH issued ticket on A3 metal, do I get miles based on A3 chart or LH chart? I am using my M&B account for this booking

thanks
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Metal matters, i.e. A3.
Is it a codeshare? If so the booking classes aren't necessarily the same.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:40 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
In Star Alliance, you always get miles per the operating airline. The fare bucket of the marketed airline will map into one of the fare bucket of the operated airlines, so you need to figure that out.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
I have recently got married and my wife took my last name. Does anyone have any insight can the name change done by her account just emailing the M&B email or do we need to provide some kind of "certificate" of the change. We live in Finland so everything is handled automatically and really don't have any written certificates and probably costs some money (if they are even willing to issue one)..
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:01 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
First name, last name and DoB are greyed out when you try to edit your M+B profile, I think you better call or email them at [email protected]
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: A3*S, FB*S, AerClub*S, Hertz PC
My CPH-BRU SK flight was cancelled due to a spontaneous luggage handler (aviapartner) strike, quite frequent way of action in Belgium

I got redirected via GVA, all *A operators obviously, with SK operating CPH-GVA and SN for the GVA-BRU leg. Are the miles going to be calculated on the initially purchased ticket or based on the new itinerary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.