Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT CLOSED 20-24 NOV for systems upgrade (now BACK)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT CLOSED 20-24 NOV for systems upgrade (now BACK)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:27 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That domain is actually used from the main website for all the account-related functions. It just times out, presumably because of high server load. I'm going to take a wild guess and say they (the hosting company for the website) grossly underestimated the load the website would endure.

So the turkish messages are probably because the website is now hosted with a hosting company in Turkey. Its located at Terremark (Verizon) though. Seems they simply don't have the server resources to cope with the load of everyone trying to get access..

BigMac:~ siet$ mtr a3.frequentflyer.aero
[..]
12. 212.156.136.142.static.turktelekom.com.tr 0.0% 5 58.8 62.2 58.8 66.7 3.1
[..]

BigMac:~ siet$ nslookup a3.frequentflyer.aero
Server: 8.8.8.8
Address: 8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: a3.frequentflyer.aero
Address: 46.34.90.143

BigMac:~ siet$ whois 46.34.90.143
% Information related to '46.34.90.128 - 46.34.90.191'

% Abuse contact for '46.34.90.128 - 46.34.90.191' is '[email protected]'

inetnum: 46.34.90.128 - 46.34.90.191
netname: HITIT-BILGISAYAR-HIZMET
descr: HITIT BILGISAYAR HIZMET
admin-c: BW5781-RIPE
tech-c: BW5781-RIPE
mnt-by: MNT-AS23148
source: RIPE # Filtered

person: Bill Williams
address: 50 NE 9th St, 4th Floor
address: Miami, FL 33132
phone: +1 305 328 8000
fax-no: +1 305 328 8005
abuse-mailbox: [email protected]
nic-hdl: BW5781-RIPE
source: RIPE # Filtered

BigMac:~ siet$
Why A3 would get a turkish company to do this though, is beyond me..
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:45 am

Easy does it, SwissCircle, nobody accused you of anything!
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Xandrios
That domain is actually used from the main website for ...
unix commands on FT \o/, thats a first for me
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: *G, OWS
would be interesting to know whether the same (turkish) company is doing some work for TK?

The site seems to be working fine just now although some parts seem to be missing (retro-claim, coupons and buying miles)
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:48 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Is it just me or we can't, for now, access our account management? I need to change my address as I just moved and I'm guessing they will be sending the new cards out very soon?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: A3 *G
The site seems to be working fine just now although some parts seem to be missing (retro-claim, coupons and buying miles)
Has anybody managed to access their coupons yet? I actually have a flight this Friday which I'd like to upgrade. I just called them but they said I need the actual code from the coupon to do this. I have 36hrs left until the upgrade deadline so maybe I'll just wait... The website seems to generally be working now (fingers crossed) so it's odd that they're not there. Maybe that bit is still broken and they've actually disabled it to avoid the 'weird' error messages or maybe... they just forgot to add the link to the menu

EDIT

The coupons can be seen here:

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...-kouponia-mou/

but the 'Print' function still does not work. You might have to manually type the /to-kouponia-mou/ bit into the browser after you've logged-in in the normal way.

Last edited by Knobbgb; Nov 26, 2014 at 2:00 am
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:22 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kanor
unix commands on FT \o/, thats a first for me
The only way to go no?

Originally Posted by frogster
would be interesting to know whether the same (turkish) company is doing some work for TK?

They use Hit-IT which offers kind of an "airline-in-a-box" product. They also do work for Turkish Airlines, Onur Air, Petra, Pegasus and quite some others. They offer a 99,98% SLA which means up to 9 minutes per month of downtime - I'm guessing aegean should have a talk with them
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:52 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Xandriod, they do not use Hit-IT for loyalty program, but "Amadeus IT Services Turkey". Hit-IT is now part of Amadeus IT Services Turkey since august 2013. To be more precise, hit-it is part of the Amadeus Altéa suite. Only Hitit Computer Services still operates independently. This is why the i-frame for the login and account area is a3.frequentflyer.aero .

But agree with all of you, A3 really sucks since one week. This kind of "huge" change (both IT and structure of a program) has to be planned and test, etc etc. Sounds that they are doing live test right now wich is not professional at all.

But it's not a secret that they suck when it comes to IT. Had a crazy experience last month at ATH... I've booked from the aiport a ticket 1.30 hours before flight on their site (light price, wanted to buy luggages online, ie. didn't need flexibility as i was already at the aiport.

I was very surprised that i still was able to book 1.30 before flight (but did it because the price was 3 times cheaper than at the counter). The system did not propose me to pay lugguages... and when at check in they asked me for the "airport price"... i explained them. They charged me, impossible to discuss.

Went to the ticketing desk : they explained me that i'm "silly" and booked the wrong class ticket, that i had to pay for lugguages online, etc etc. Explained them again, and at the end they called the "manager" who called the IT department. And... they discovered 2 things they didn't know :

- At certain time of the day, on certain flight it was possible to book online till check in limit.

- It was a bug when booking less than 2 hours before departure regarding the fact that you can't add luguages online. Was a real surprise for them... but it took 1 hours for them to understand that i was not lying or telling ......... They finally gave me back the difference between online/aiport price for extra lugguages.

This being said, i hope the website will be back and everything will work fine. For my part i really love their new program, a lot of new and very nice features (even if i'm not based in greece). But as very often with A3 or OL... it takes time to work the way it has to...
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:34 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Has anybody managed to access their coupons yet? I actually have a flight this Friday which I'd like to upgrade. I just called them but they said I need the actual code from the coupon to do this. I have 36hrs left until the upgrade deadline so maybe I'll just wait... The website seems to generally be working now (fingers crossed) so it's odd that they're not there. Maybe that bit is still broken and they've actually disabled it to avoid the 'weird' error messages or maybe... they just forgot to add the link to the menu
Just wondering if the agent said anything about which ticket fare class is applicable for the upgrade/companion 50% coupon?

Hope your upgrade works out before you fly!!! ^^^
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by l380
Just wondering if the agent said anything about which ticket fare class is applicable for the upgrade/companion 50% coupon?

Originally Posted by scrappydog
So finally I made a call and clarified about the use of upgrade coupon and here's what i found out:

a) Before purchasing a ticket you must call Aegean to confirm whether the flight booking you prefer has eligible upgrade availability;

b) Upgrade coupon can be used in any booking class.

c) Finally, I asked about the use of 50% companion tickets for domestic. Apparently same rule applies with a) above it is subject to availability.

So it may be wise to check dates first with customer service before booking anything. And also upgrade coupon can only be done through by calling to their customer service.

But I suggest anyone doing this soon would want to get a second opinion just to be sure because it is not specifically mention on T&C.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
anyway their phone lines are down... and their email support is inexistent... not to mention that they are strike in greece for the next 2 days...
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: A3 *G
To be honest, we didn't get that far. The guy seemed busy and in a rush to get off the call. The ticket is in K class anyway so it's unlikely to be an issue (hopefully). I will ask next time though, and report back here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappydog View Post
So finally I made a call and clarified about the use of upgrade coupon and here's what i found out:

a) Before purchasing a ticket you must call Aegean to confirm whether the flight booking you prefer has eligible upgrade availability;

b) Upgrade coupon can be used in any booking class.
The "any booking class" thing sounds VERY promising in general. Part (a) about limited availability, not so. We'll see... And, the usual addage probably applies with Aegean CS - if you need to know FOR SURE - ask at least three or four times and hope for a consistent result! So, as I said, I'll check.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by l380

S class and above so K class is fine.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:18 am

Can anyone see Redemption an award flight on their account ?? because I don't see it on my account.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Originally Posted by IBstudent
Can anyone see Redemption an award flight on their account ?? because I don't see it on my account.
Don't see it either. I guess redemptions will have to be done over the phone for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.