Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT CLOSED 20-24 NOV for systems upgrade (now BACK)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT CLOSED 20-24 NOV for systems upgrade (now BACK)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Another data point:

My first time logging in to the new site today. Can log in okay, but as reported by others above, when I try to access any details on my account I am logged out again.

A few more days perhaps...

Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by IBstudent
Can anyone see Redemption an award flight on their account ?? because I don't see it on my account.
I can see the option to request an award ticket, as well as the option to view past redemptions. But this is relatively new, only as of a few hours ago (I've been periodically checking the past few days). I still haven't got my coupons back, though. Which is fine, because I don't plan to need them for a few months yet (although I hope to use them all this year).

The site certainly gets faster for me in the afternoon/evening when everyone in Europe is sleeping, though.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
I can see the option to request an award ticket, as well as the option to view past redemptions. But this is relatively new, only as of a few hours ago (I've been periodically checking the past few days).
Those were both visible as and from last Monday, the 24th of November....
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
I think they hide the coupon menu because they face at least an accountability issue.

You could find your hidden coupons here (login first):
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...-kouponia-mou/
or here (login first)
https://a3.frequentflyer.aero/CraneW...e=GiftVouchers

The problem is that you can pdf "print" every coupon you want here (login first):
https://a3.frequentflyer.aero/CraneW...cherId=XXXXXXX
if you replace the XXXXXXX with any coupon number (which could be yours or not)
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by tallboy
Another data point:

My first time logging in to the new site today. Can log in okay, but as reported by others above, when I try to access any details on my account I am logged out again.

A few more days perhaps...

Yes that has been happening since day one. They need to get it sorted. It has been long enough.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kallisthenis
The problem is that you can pdf "print" every coupon you want here (login first):
https://a3.frequentflyer.aero/CraneW...cherId=XXXXXXX
if you replace the XXXXXXX with any coupon number (which could be yours or not)
I'm not sure that's a real "problem", per se. At least for the Seat Upgrades.

There is no real need to print off the coupons - they exist electronically, and you need to ring A3 to redeem them - you never actually have to hand over the voucher. They will access your account, see how many vouchers (if any) are available under your name for redemption, and will then delete the voucher used when they process your upgrade. I can't imagine that they would ever ask you to read out the voucher ID number - and even if you make up voucher ID numbers and print them off (as you imply is currently possible), the A3 agent will not be able to reconcile these fabricated voucher numbers with the vouchers present in your account, so they could never be used to obtain seat upgrades anyway.

I didn't look at the parking/valet vouchers, but perhaps these require the presentation of an actual printed coupon at some stage - though I suspect that, at some stage after submission of these vouchers, it would come to light that they don't "scan" properly, or that there is no corresponding electronic voucher in your account to match the coupons used, so I think you would be opening yourself up to claims of fraud on the part of the FFP, and could have your account terminated.

I don't think that these vouchers are intended to be transferrable - so only the named user would be able to use them. However, if they are transferable, then perhaps there is scope for you to hit, by happy circumstance, on someone else's as-yet unused voucher number, and get away (at least temporarily!) with the theft of someone else's valid voucher...

Needless to say, PRINTING OFF MADE-UP VOUCHERS IS A BAD IDEA. ATTEMPTING TO USE SUCH VOUCHERS IS AN EVEN WORSE IDEA.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
It's always surprising to me to see how people always think about cheating and scamming... Frankly, it's a shame!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:12 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
here http://a3.frequentflyer.aero , does not display any informations (except amount of miles).

But after almost one week, i feel that aegean have really suck regarding this program changing... IT at his worst... Shame because the new program is really nice.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by frenchft
It's always surprising to me to see how people always think about cheating and scamming... Frankly, it's a shame!
I hope that you don't mean that I am a cheater or scammer for pointing out that the IT left unlocked our coupon data... Don't shoot the messenger

The accountability issue exists while everyone can randomly find my coupon numbers along with their hash values and store them for any reason.

Last edited by kallisthenis; Nov 27, 2014 at 4:48 am
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:52 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I think they may be reading here too; the coupon link magically became inaccessible

It would be kind of bad if the coupons are accessible by anyone. Most will be personal (thus of no value to others), but some will probably be transferable. Which means people would gain by downloading the vouchers of others.

Besides that its a leak of the personal details if one can see the personal coupon of others. They may contain FF# and name, which should not become public.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I think they may be reading here too; the coupon link magically became inaccessible
Oh they are believe me and at least 2 are members I think its a positive thing as they can learn quite a bit from feedback and issues raised on here as other airlines do on other programs. ^
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to our two Aegean/Miles+Bonus FT members.

Perhaps one day Aegean will take the step of having an official representative on Flyer Talk?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: *G, OWS
the reps on the board are probalby on strike as well today or at least pulled in for customer service due to all the cancelled flights
Only the turkish programmers seem to be hard at work...
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by frogster
the reps on the board are probalby on strike as well today or at least pulled in for customer service due to all the cancelled flights
Only the turkish programmers seem to be hard at work...
Well A3 are not public sector/ATC so all working hard and not on strike To be honest it's not caused much hassle here today. A far cry from strikes in previous years. Everything near normal on the streets and even the metro was running 10:00-16:00.

With regards Reps joining in and posting this would need authorisation at a high level as they are very strict on who has access to forums and FB. Rightfully so when you see the gaffs some airlines allow their staff to post.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by DELLAS
With regards Reps joining in and posting this would need authorisation at a high level as they are very strict on who has access to forums and FB. Rightfully so when you see the gaffs some airlines allow their staff to post.
Not to mention that the reps for this forum should be battle trained veterans to cope mentally with the "nice" and "reasonable" people around here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.