Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by st1575
I tested changes made during various rounds OLCI and via "Edit traveler(s)" on the Reservation page without another OLCI. In both instances, the same result was seen: my non-status UA MP number triggered changes to the printable BPs and updates to the ones presented in the UA iOS app.
Interesting, I will see what happens to me. I will be crediting to M&M. Now here's an interesting question: How can I get priority boarding if I have the Explorer card while crediting to M&M since the explorer card is tied to my UA MP#. Should I just show it and I should be good to go.. or? Tell the agents to manually change my boarding group?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by dominik208
Interesting, I will see what happens to me. I will be crediting to M&M. Now here's an interesting question: How can I get priority boarding if I have the Explorer card while crediting to M&M since the explorer card is tied to my UA MP#. Should I just show it and I should be good to go.. or? Tell the agents to manually change my boarding group?
You could just OLCI with the MP number and then change it to M&M later, right? But be vigilant: I have the Explorer card too, but when I enter my non-status MP number I am placed in the general boarding groups (3-5).
Old Jan 26, 2014, 2:04 pm

I've just checked in for my UA flights tomorrow, the UA system is much smarter than we thought - I checked in with A3 # and then changed it to LH # and it dropped all benefits from the boarding pass, no premier access, no anything.

So it looks like UA has fixed this glitch in their system.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
I've just checked in for my UA flights tomorrow, the UA system is much smarter than we thought - I checked in with A3 # and then changed it to LH # and it dropped all benefits from the boarding pass, no premier access, no anything.

They have -- but. Just check in, check your bag, print your boarding passes with your A3 number. Then when inside, switch over to the other FFP number. Don't reprint your boarding pass, or if you do, just use the old one. Priority boarding restored
Old Jan 26, 2014, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by arcticbull
They have -- but. Just check in, check your bag, print your boarding passes with your A3 number. Then when inside, switch over to the other FFP number. Don't reprint your boarding pass, or if you do, just use the old one. Priority boarding restored
That's what I did - I now have two BP for each flight, one with *G and the other one with M&M # on it. Not checking any bags, so I can go to lounge and show them *G BP and hopefully they will let me in (*G card hasn't arrived yet).

But what do I do during boarding? Don't I have to use the M&M BP? Since thats the final one with the number of the FFP that I want to credit to?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 2:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

+1. You're supposed to be changing the FFP at the gate.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 4:41 pm

I understand all of this, however which boarding pass should I give to the lady at the gate when boarding? The final one or..? I'm worried if I give her the A3 one than that's where the miles will go. Or does it not matter at all and the miles will end up with whatever is in the system?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 4:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I understand all of this, however which boarding pass should I give to the lady at the gate when boarding? The final one or..? I'm worried if I give her the A3 one than that's where the miles will go. Or does it not matter at all and the miles will end up with whatever is in the system?
Whatever is the LAST update is what will go in. Regardless of what the BP says as that one is just for validating your presence - not to set the FFP and such.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Whatever is the LAST update is what will go in. Regardless of what the BP says as that one is just for validating your presence - not to set the FFP and such.
Ok cool, thanks for letting me know. That's what I will do.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
that's right, printed BP with my UA *G, boarded the plane with all the benefits, changed to A3, got miles without problems.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:52 pm

Card arrived yesterday.

Last edited by dominik208; Jan 28, 2014 at 3:54 pm Reason: Duplicate
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:53 pm

Just finished a MR yesterday. A couple of things:

1. Printed BPs at Home with *G on them, then re-printed them with M&M number and lost benefits.
2. Showed the *G BP in SEA, IAH, and MCO and there was no problem in SEA, in IAH she asked me if by chance I don't have the card, I said I didn't get it yet and she was fine with that, the UA BP blocks the whole number and she told me to tell it to her so she could manually enter it in to verify. She was very nice and the process took less than 3 minutes. MCO, same thing.
3. Just to stay on the safe side, I used the non-*G BP to board, I boarded with group 2, no complaints from staff that I am in the wrong group. I know that whatever final info is in the system is what will go where, however as this was my first MR, I didn't want to risk anything.
4. GOLD card arrived on the same day of my MR, I left my house in the morning and when I got back at midnight it was in my mailbox. I KNEW this would happen Its good that I didnt have any problems.

Will update when (and where) miles post.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Thank you both for this practical and sage advice.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Aiming for *G with Aegean M&B. Have UA Premier Silver & Taking UA Flights.

What are the options to get E+ Seating with UA Silver and credit the miles to M&B.

It's a 3 segment Trip with First Segment outside USA, manned by Contract Agents.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:04 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Whizkid
Aiming for *G with Aegean M&B. Have UA Premier Silver & Taking UA Flights.

What are the options to get E+ Seating with UA Silver and credit the miles to M&B.

It's a 3 segment Trip with First Segment outside USA, manned by Contract Agents.
As this question relates to UA ops, you need to ask in the UA forum for a definitive answer.

It does sound from recent answers that UA's systems are now more sophisticated, so I would probably expect your free E+ seating to disappear once you switch the FF number in the booking.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Mar 30, 2014 at 9:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.