Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: TK G
Originally Posted by LAXlocal
Hi....I am still waiting for 8000 miles I flew on Thai Air back in July ,
it was a qualifying fare class but A3 says that Thai refused the miles,

Not to say this is always a problem , just beware that it can happen.....
LAXlocal,

tks for your post.

May I ask the reason why Thai refuses to credit the miles to your A3 account? Which booking class did you fly? Did you use your TG Gold card to use the lounge / extra luggage weight but asked them to credit it to your A3 account? From which airport did you fly?

Cheers^
Fraserman
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by hastuk
I have just done the same thing but slightly differently. Flew SAS, credited to A3 but used Aeroplan *Gold for priority luggage, access to the SAS lounge and priority boarding. No issues anywhere. The Lounge agent had to manually key in the entry to the lounge because the boarding pass was showing A3 basic member as it should. Seamless. Now to wait for the miles to post to A3.
Tks Hastuk for your comment.
When did you fly? Did you receive the miles on your A3 account in the meantime?

Cheers^
Fraserman
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: A3 *G; AC
Originally Posted by Fraserman
Tks Hastuk for your comment.
When did you fly? Did you receive the miles on your A3 account in the meantime?

Cheers^
Fraserman
Flew SAS. First two segments were on Oct 28 and the miles were credited Nov. 2 (within the 4 day window). Next two segments were on Oct. 30 so awaiting the posting of those. No issues at CDG, LHR, OSL for the lounge using AC 50K (*Gold) nor for the priority bags. The boarding passes wouldn't scan for lounge entry so the Altitude Cards had to be manually input at every lounge. We were worried about having to explain why we were crediting to one program but using the *Gold benefits of another program but it just seemed to be normal.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by hastuk
Flew SAS. First two segments were on Oct 28 and the miles were credited Nov. 2 (within the 4 day window). Next two segments were on Oct. 30 so awaiting the posting of those. No issues at CDG, LHR, OSL for the lounge using AC 50K (*Gold) nor for the priority bags. The boarding passes wouldn't scan for lounge entry so the Altitude Cards had to be manually input at every lounge. We were worried about having to explain why we were crediting to one program but using the *Gold benefits of another program but it just seemed to be normal.
As per my experience, when entering the Gold lounges in FRA (hosted by LH), they check (but not scan) the TG boarding pass but want to see the TG Gold card in order to enter.

Where as for the lounges in BKK & HKG (hosted by TG), they only check & scan the TG boarding passes, don't want to see the card.

Anyway, I will give it a try using my TG Gold card to get the benefits and using my A3 number to collect miles. If the TG lounges do not let me in, I will just go over to any other *A lounge by showing them my TG Gold card .

Cheers ^
Fraserman
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:13 pm

LAXlocal,

tks for your post.

May I ask the reason why Thai refuses to credit the miles to your A3 account? Which booking class did you fly? Did you use your TG Gold card to use the lounge / extra luggage weight but asked them to credit it to your A3 account? From which airport did you fly?

Cheers^
Fraserman
A3 says that Thai air told them it was a fare class that did not get A3 miles,
I would have to look up what class it was, but on A3s website it was 100% credit,
I do not have a Thai Air Gold car, I was only A3 Silver and that means nothing to Thai air , no special check in area etc

this was LAX - Korea - BKK on Thai air in July

hope that helps some
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Hope the charts on A3 website are updated.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Question

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Hope the charts on A3 website are updated.
They had Olympic air on them, so I'm guessing they are fairly recent
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:39 am

A3 says that Thai air told them it was a fare class that did not get A3 miles,
I would have to look up what class it was, but on A3s website it was 100% credit,
I do not have a Thai Air Gold car, I was only A3 Silver and that means nothing to Thai air , no special check in area etc

this was LAX - Korea - BKK on Thai air in July

hope that helps some
If you want to challenge the missing miles, you should look up again your booking class and inform them about it. It would also help other FTs if you let us know later on.

Cheers ^
Fraserman
Old Nov 7, 2013, 5:52 am

If you want to challenge the missing miles, you should look up again your booking class and inform them about it. It would also help other FTs if you let us know later on.

Cheers ^
Fraserman
I already did that , I called Greece 2 times and sent the email with all the number they wanted......

The calls went thru, the agent saw my flight info but said Thai air refused,
When I asked why there was no reply from my earlier emails from the website she said they do not answer if it does not go thru,

Then she said send an email with all the info , again no reply......

I gave up and flew a MR last week to Seattle on US air, but same thing is happening , no miles after 8 days.....

my miles are stuck at 18,500 for 8 months now when I should be gold after the July flight on Thai.......
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You definitely need to do that. If you can show proof that your flight was in a mileage-earning class then A3 will have to grant you the miles.

As per Aegean's website: Booking Classes not eligible for accrual for (TG flights operated by Thai): O, I, R, X, N, E, L, G, V, W

If you are sure that you were in a 100% earning category, then you should be able to show that, and thereby prove that you did not travel in classes O, I, R, X, N, E, L, G, V or W.

NOTE We are assuming that the flights were booked and flown under TG numbers. If, for whatever reason, you booked and/or flew these flights under a codeshare, then you need to tell us that.

What exactly did your boarding pass say? Do you still have your confirmation email and/or eticket? What flight numbers appear on these? (It should be TG693. If not, something is wrong and A3 might be right.

And what class did you fly in?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:48 pm
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
I apologize if my questions are actually addressed previously.

But I am only interested in *G extra bag allowances and more importantly lounge access.
I know bags might be more difficult (esp. U.S. domestic after the new UA rule?), but what about lounge?

Is it that as long as I bring and show the agent my physical A3 *G card at *A lounge, I could get in?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Bag allowances - you may find you need to change the FQTV number on the booking at checkin to A3 to be be able to check an additional bag/weight. If so you can usually change it back to the scheme you wish to credit at the lounge, the gate or a suitable customer services desk, if you have time (and occasionally, the change may not stick). Ask for a new BP, as you change it back if possible, so you get a BP with the number you want to credit, in case you need to retro-claim. On those airlines which can support FQTS numbers, or if you get a friendly checkin agent who will override the bag limit, you may be OK to access the luggage benefits with a *G card and different FQTV number in the booking without changing the number in booking. I have had both an agent who would override the limit an one who would not and insisted the FF number was changed with the same airline, same airport on different days - it really depends who you get (and what the airline's policy is).

Lounge access - generally fine with a different programme's number in the booking if you have the physical card with you, according to *A rules. A few airlines (e.g. NZ) may require the *G number in FQTS to admit you , and there are a few reports of airlines (UA) insisting the FQTV number is changed to your *G number before allowing lounge access, but according to *A rules this is not necessary if you have the physical *G card.

Look up past threads on this subject for more info.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:40 am
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by wyvern
Bag allowances - you may find you need to change the FQTV number on the booking at checkin to A3 to be be able to check an additional bag/weight. If so you can usually change it back to the scheme you wish to credit at the lounge, the gate or a suitable customer services desk, if you have time (and occasionally, the change may not stick). Ask for a new BP, as you change it back if possible, so you get a BP with the number you want to credit, in case you need to retro-claim. On those airlines which can support FQTS numbers, or if you get a friendly checkin agent who will override the bag limit, you may be OK to access the luggage benefits with a *G card and different FQTV number in the booking without changing the number in booking. I have had both an agent who would override the limit an one who would not and insisted the FF number was changed with the same airline, same airport on different days - it really depends who you get (and what the airline's policy is).

Lounge access - generally fine with a different programme's number in the booking if you have the physical card with you, according to *A rules. A few airlines (e.g. NZ) may require the *G number in FQTS to admit you , and there are a few reports of airlines (UA) insisting the FQTV number is changed to your *G number before allowing lounge access, but according to *A rules this is not necessary if you have the physical *G card.

Look up past threads on this subject for more info.
Thank you so much for the informative reply!
So I guess there's no general rule on lounge access as it's airline-specific, and the same as bag allowance, sometimes more agent-specific.

I will see what I get the next time I travel. Once again thank you for the info!
Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:48 pm

LH L fares with A3 *G status - want to credit the flights to UA MP

A3 does not give miles for L fares.

I am A3 *G and I want to use the benefits and I want to credit the miles to UA.

My flights are:
YOW-YUL (AC L fare)
YUL-MUC (LH L fare)
MUC-FCO (LH L fare)

What should I do at YOW?

thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: *A-A3-*S, *A M&M FTL *S, EI-Green, AccorGold
Using A3 status for *G benefits but credit miles to another FFP?

My experience in ZRH and CDG in the last week was positive showing my physical A3 Gold card and mobile BP to the Lounge agent. No scanning was done, just my checkin was verified. My crediting to program (M&M) was not changed.
Even if it is rechecking in online can help, this works with LX, I've done it for my GF a few times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.