Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Originally Posted by khkchan
A3 does not give miles for L fares.

I am A3 *G and I want to use the benefits and I want to credit the miles to UA.

My flights are:
YOW-YUL (AC L fare)
YUL-MUC (LH L fare)
MUC-FCO (LH L fare)

What should I do at YOW?

thanks.
This is how I usually do it with US Airways:

I get the boarding passes with my *G status on them, do the check-in

At the gate prior to boarding I ask the agent to change the FQTV information ... so far it has always worked perfectly.

You may need to change your number twice, at YOW and YUL since AC and LH systems don't communicate
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm flying UA in a couple of days. I booked the flights with the M&B FF#, however I would like to credit it to M&M. From my understanding of this thread, I should check in with the M&B number and after I have my boarding pass, change it to M&M number and re-print the boarding pass and the Premier Access benefits should still be on the boarding pass (i.e. Group 2)? So the UA system would remember I am *G even if crediting it to a non-*G number?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by dominik208
So the UA system would remember I am *G even if crediting it to a non-*G number?
If UA Rep make their work right, you will end with a 'nobody' bording pass with the M&M benefits. *G status has to be cancelled (manually) if you change to a no elite FQT number!

If you want the benefits, credit the miles to this programme. This programme will also be charged for your benefits, as lounge access!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA, QF
Using A3 status for *G benefits but credit miles to another FFP?

I just did this the other night. Checked in with my A3*G, got free bag, and flew first regional leg with this number for credit because I forgot to ask them to change it before boarding began.

Got to first stop at SFO and went to the lounge. After entry, I asked the concierge desk to change the number in my booking to my UA MP (no status) number, which was done no questions asked. However, my boarding pass in no way continued to reflect my *G status, and my boarding group changed to 3 from 2. Now I don't know if the agent had to manually delete the status separate from changing the number, but she was working from a cheat sheet to carry out my request. She did hand me back my old boarding pass, which I suppose I could have used to board with group 2 (didn't have the chance because I tried to take VDB compensation, but someone no-showed, and I ended up as the last person to board anyway).
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
If you want the benefits, credit the miles to this programme. This programme will also be charged for your benefits, as lounge access!
I thought the operating airline is billed for lounge access...
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
I thought the operating airline is billed for lounge access...
That's what I understand as well.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:16 pm

Anyway, the only *G benefit I would be using is lounge access, which UA pays for anyway. I will not be checking any bags. Which is why I asked if I could use my *G Card to get into the lounge but still credit to M&M.

Will I be able to access the lounge just by showing the card, even though the boarding pass has non-*G on it?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;

Will I be able to access the lounge just by showing the card, even though the boarding pass has non-*G on it?
Generally, yes. That's what *A rules mandate, actually.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1
Generally, yes. That's what *A rules mandate, actually.
You're right, from the Star Alliance website:

Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.
Customer must present proof of Star Alliance Gold level status via a valid frequent flyer program Star Alliance Gold level card or other valid indication of Star Alliance Gold level status
Customer must also present a boarding pass for travel on a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
Customer is entitled to one guest
United and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the United Clubs and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight.
No where does it mention, that you must have *G indication on boarding pass.

Either way, this is what I will do. I shouldn't have a problem. I will report back.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: AC*E, Accor Platinum, Hilton Silver
You're right, from the Star Alliance website:

No where does it mention, that you must have *G indication on boarding pass.

Either way, this is what I will do. I shouldn't have a problem. I will report back.
It worked for me in the past in lounges both in Europe and Canada. Having M&M on my boarding pass while using AC card to get into the lounge.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:44 pm

It sounds that UA is fairly generous with benefits from A3 and crediting miles to others, while UA imposes more strict rules against this.

What if I ONLY present physical *A G card at check-in, enjoy benefits, and leaving FFP# blank? If that works, retro-claiming miles seems to solve the problem.

Forgive me if this approach has been discussed; appreciate any comments or experiences.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: AC*E, Accor Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by yuzheny
It sounds that UA is fairly generous with benefits from A3 and crediting miles to others, while UA imposes more strict rules against this.

What if I ONLY present physical *A G card at check-in, enjoy benefits, and leaving FFP# blank? If that works, retro-claiming miles seems to solve the problem.

Forgive me if this approach has been discussed; appreciate any comments or experiences.
If you do that, the employee at the check in counter will be tempted to add your FFP to your reservation. And if you refuse to do so, they might deny you your benefits. But this will most likely depend on their mood. Just smile wide and hope for the best.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by joepakid
Got to first stop at SFO and went to the lounge. After entry, I asked the concierge desk to change the number in my booking to my UA MP (no status) number, which was done no questions asked. However, my boarding pass in no way continued to reflect my *G status, and my boarding group changed to 3 from 2. Now I don't know if the agent had to manually delete the status separate from changing the number, but she was working from a cheat sheet to carry out my request.
I think UA's systems are getting "smarter." For example, I OLCI'd for a trip tomorrow with my A3 number in the reservation. My boarding passes on the Web site and in the United iOS app show my *G status with Premier Access and Group 2 boarding, as expected.

However, if I edit the reservation in any way and specify my non-status MP number, the boarding passes re-print/refresh without *G status and drop me to general boarding (which may be wrong b/c I hold the UMPE Visa, but I digress).

I might just credit to A3 in the end, but does anyone know when the SHARES sweep for MP credit is done?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by st1575
I think UA's systems are getting "smarter." For example, I OLCI'd for a trip tomorrow with my A3 number in the reservation. My boarding passes on the Web site and in the United iOS app show my *G status with Premier Access and Group 2 boarding, as expected.

However, if I edit the reservation in any way and specify my non-status MP number, the boarding passes re-print/refresh without *G status and drop me to general boarding (which may be wrong b/c I hold the UMPE Visa, but I digress).

I might just credit to A3 in the end, but does anyone know when the SHARES sweep for MP credit is done?
Where did you change the FFP number? Did you re-do check in? Or did you change it on the Reservation details page?

I have a UA flight on Monday and will do check in tomorrow. I will notify what happens.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:23 pm

Where did you change the FFP number? Did you re-do check in? Or did you change it on the Reservation details page?
I tested changes made during various rounds OLCI and via "Edit traveler(s)" on the Reservation page without another OLCI. In both instances, the same result was seen: my non-status UA MP number triggered changes to the printable BPs and updates to the ones presented in the UA iOS app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.