Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
@ zagy

Please read the last few posts... Your question is answered there, especially in the post #148, just above yours...
Old Jul 4, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
@ zagy

Please read the last few posts... Your question is answered there, especially in the post #148, just above yours...
I was actually hoping from an answer from someone who has actually done this before...
Old Jul 4, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by zagy
I was actually hoping from an answer from someone who has actually done this before...
I would like to link you all the posts doing just that from this thread, but that would be time consuming. Not to mention pointless, as you wouldnt take the bother to open the links and see for yourself. Because you are the kind of person who "hopes for the answer".
Old Jul 4, 2014, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by kanor
I would like to link you all the posts doing just that from this thread, but that would be time consuming. Not to mention pointless, as you wouldnt take the bother to open the links and see for yourself. Because you are the kind of person who "hopes for the answer".
Did you actually bother to read my question?

I'm flying J, so already have access to the business lounge but want to go to the SEN lounge in MUC instead by simply walking there and showing the A3 card with the J ticket.

I went though the entire thread and didn't see this particular question by anyone. The only answer is by *timster* who quotes the official rules but as we all know that in practice lounge dragons can have a different view.

So please, if you don't know the answer, feel free to skip a post instead of writing silly responses.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 7:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

I'm flying J, so already have access to the business lounge but want to go to the SEN lounge in MUC instead by simply walking there and showing the A3 card with the J ticket.

I went though the entire thread and didn't see this particular question by anyone. The only answer is by *timster* who quotes the official rules but as we all know that in practice lounge dragons can have a different view.

So please, if you don't know the answer, feel free to skip a post instead of writing silly responses.
Actually he was quite right in his reply. What you're asking for is whether you need to display the affiliation with the program on the *boarding pass* in order to be eligible for lounge access, and the answer is "no", as written in a number of earlier posts.

LH SEN lounges are accessible by *G status holders, and nothing requires you to credit miles to the program whose card you're presenting.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 6:34 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador

There is single entrance to LH non-Schegen Lounge in MUC. Just show the B/P and FF card, your card would be swiped and you would be directed to the SEN lounge (straight ahead, C-class lounge is to the right).

I did it once or two when I was US*G but was still building my TK status. No issues...
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Actually he was quite right in his reply.
I'm going to disagree with the first part of your post and still consider his reply silly and totally unnecessary.

What you're asking for is whether you need to display the affiliation with the program on the *boarding pass* in order to be eligible for lounge access, and the answer is "no", as written in a number of earlier posts.

LH SEN lounges are accessible by *G status holders, and nothing requires you to credit miles to the program whose card you're presenting.

Originally Posted by TPJ
There is single entrance to LH non-Schegen Lounge in MUC. Just show the B/P and FF card, your card would be swiped and you would be directed to the SEN lounge (straight ahead, C-class lounge is to the right).

I did it once or two when I was US*G but was still building my TK status. No issues...

Thanks to both, you were correct.

Lounge access is the only thing that I use from the A3*G status so somehow asumed that's what this thread was about

I traveled through MUC and FRA a lot during the last year and always had A3*G on the BP and never had issues with access. In fact, they always just scanned the BP and never looked at my card.

During my trip, I could access the SEN lounge at BOS and two lounges at MUC. The process was just a little bit different though.

When I had A3*G on the BP, they just let me in but now, they had to do some additional typing. In the second MUC lounge there were actually minor issues because the dragon couldn't figure out how to properly register me. She then called a supervisor who showed her and so she finally let me in. During this process, I could see what the BP scanner displayed.

First scan: "Access denied"
After some typing: "OK for business. Add Card for SEN"
After some additional typing: "OK. scan companion"
Old Jul 20, 2014, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by djtsukasa
Extra baggage is a huge maybe, priority boarding is a no. For the baggage-related benefits you need to check in with the A3*G on your BP, and then change the FF# later at the gate/lounge. But , YMMV since there have been reports of agents not being able to change it if you use the baggage benefit. The baggage tags, however shouldn't be a problem.
Originally Posted by joepakid
The extra baggage is largely dependent on the airline. On SQ I have had no issues checking in with a non-status number in the booking, and just showing the *G card for the extra baggage. On UA, it is largely airport dependent, as some staff will waive the fee on sighting the card, and others seem unable to function if the computer tells them no. I have found that it is very simple to change your number on the UA website after getting through security. Changing at the lounge has also worked for me.
Originally Posted by A3Fan
i would say that priority boarding for sure! Don't forget that *G status is a reward for being loyal to the airline in the PAST, therefore it should not worry them where you credit your miles. I understand that for lounges such as LH/LX/OS and many others its a must that both of them match since there is an automated gate. However, you can always change your status and the gate and then simply show the agent your Gold card. LH gate agent tried to argue once, but after I showed her the card and stayed firm, she just waived me though and wished a nice flight.
Originally Posted by timster
*A official policy on extra baggage quantity actually varies across members. However there is no official requirement for anything other than proof of gold status.

See page 70 of the 2014 *A Reference Guide PDF linked here:

http://www.starallianceemployees.com...enceguide.html

Similarly, the card alone is sufficient for lounge access - see pages 135 and 140 'Card Access':

STAR ALLIANCE GOLD (SAG) CUSTOMERS TRAVELLING IN ANY CLASS
Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers’ owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold
logo at the entrance.
Customer must present proof of SAG-level status via a valid frequent flyer programme SAG-level card
or other valid indication of SAG-level status, such as XX*G on the boarding pass, where XX is the carrier
code of the carrier with whom the customer has SAG-level status;
Where a discrepancy exists between loyalty status level displayed on the frequent flyer programme card,
boarding pass or other means presented for entrance and what is displayed in the Star Alliance Premium
Customer Database, the highest displayed level will be honoured;

• Customer must also present a boarding pass for travel on a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport;
• Customer is entitled to one guest;
• UA SAG customers may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with
a Star Alliance international flight.

I'm thinking of printing out all 249 pages in case some airline tries to argue.
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
I actually found the info on page 135 (the first page still says it's the 2013 version), but +1 on the printing the guide.... every year or so I get linked to it again and think "this would be a good thing to have!" and then never remember to follow through on it. But I did save it to google drive for reference this time.
Sorry for the late reply, but thanks so much, everybody! This has been really helpful!
Old May 20, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
So the problem might arise in the following case: if to gain access to the lounge, you need an invitation. And the check-in staff only gives you the invitation if you have your *G card in the system.
This just happened to me in TBS.
And i'm afraid it's not that easy to change the number back at the gate in every airport... Above all, in small airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.