Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access with A3*G Card but non-*G status on boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Hm, this does not work. At least, not on all carriers. On AC, they VEHEMENTLY deny that it can be changed after landing. Lost some miles due to this (wanted to credit to A3, but ended up going to TK instead, at 75% earning, doh).

On UA, though, I've been able to change it AFTER the flight. Back story: was cutting it close for the flight, gate agent shooed me into the plane, the moment I landed at ORD I ran to the first available agent and had them change it. No problem, no questions asked, flight credited properly to A3 after.

Also, have had no problem using my other *G FFP to check in and get extra baggage allowance, then immediately change to A3 as earning - at the gate or at the lounge (depending on how relaxed people were). Had one agent decline changing it on entry to the lounge in ORD (because then "the benefits would no longer apply") - fair enough; and another time, in HNL, the agent did it right there. Was super chatty, too. I guess it's HNL, after all.
I had some issues with this as well. I fly LAX-PHX-LGA on UA metal, and had my A3 *G FFP on it. I forgot to change it before the LAX-PHX leg, and when I landed in PHX, they wouldn't do it for me. On the way back, at LGA, they changed it just fine at the gate. I got credit on UA MP for LGA-PHX-LAX, and got partial credit for LAX-PHX-LGA for A3.

Other times, I've had no problems with checking in with bags + lounge access with A3, and then changing to UA MP at the gate. The flights all seem to properly credit to my MP account without a problem. So now, it's just a matter of remembering to leave the lounge a little earlier so I can get the gate to change my FFP to UA
Old Sep 22, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: Former 12 Yr. AC A50k, A3*G, Alaska MVP Gold, Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold,
I had the conversation below on Twitter with AC FFP regarding *G Benefits & BP FF#.

"@ACAltitude 4 bag fee waver & lounge access do StarGold card & BPassFF# have 2 match? AC & Star T&C's just say you must have *G card & *A BP"

"Hi X, as long as the boarding pass and your Altitude card are in the same name, there shouldn't be any problems. /cc"

I'm wondering if people are facing many issues showing their *G card from one carrier and having FF# from another on the BP. According to *A and AC FF# does not have to match.

After being AC 50K for over 20 years I am switching from AC to A3 & AS after AC's huge downgrade of their FFP. For the same miles flown I will have *G through A3 and status on AA and DL through AS status match, then only need combined 25K/yr on AS, AA, DL to get the benefits I want on all 3.

Last edited by topdogab; Sep 22, 2013 at 10:00 am
Old Sep 22, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by topdogab
I had the conversation below on Twitter with AC FFP regarding *G Benefits & BP FF#.

"@ACAltitude 4 bag fee waver & lounge access do StarGold card & BPassFF# have 2 match? AC & Star T&C's just say you must have *G card & *A BP"

"Hi X, as long as the boarding pass and your Altitude card are in the same name, there shouldn't be any problems. /cc"

I'm wondering if people are facing many issues showing their *G card from one carrier and having FF# from another on the BP. According to *A and AC FF# does not have to match.

After being AC 50K for over 20 years I am switching from AC to A3 & AS after AC's huge downgrade of their FFP. For the same miles flown I will have *G through A3 and status on AA and DL through AS status match, then only need combined 25K/yr on AS, AA, DL to get the benefits I want on all 3.

Sorry a little OT , but a newbie here . But *G on *3 a way to status match to DL ? Or only *G on AS

Then a *3 mileage run EXE ATH might be in order to get another 14K miles
Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Sorry a little OT , but a newbie here . But *G on *3 a way to status match to DL ? Or only *G on AS

I do understand that there is a limit of 144 characters on Twitter, but there is no limit on FT! What on earth does this sub-telegraphic way of expressing oneself mean? Can't people write in plain English? (4 different smilies for a single post, a record!)
Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: Former 12 Yr. AC A50k, A3*G, Alaska MVP Gold, Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC

There is an Elite Status Match thread under Delta Skymiles. It looks like DL does a challenge where they require you to earn a certain number of Qualifying Miles on DL in 90 days. It looks like the minimum is 8,000 for Silver. You must also supply your A3 Statement before they decide.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by topdogab
There is an Elite Status Match thread under Delta Skymiles. ...
OK, and in that case it seems to me that that question should be asked in the delta forum then.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by intuition
OK, and in that case it seems to me that that question should be asked in the delta forum then.
+1
Old Oct 1, 2013, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by anilyst
Flew ANA this weekend DEL-NRT-SJC on the 787.

Check-in agent refused one additional bag, as my PNR had UA MP # and not the A3#. Got the agent to change the missus' # from UA to A3. Went to the lounge and changed back the reservation # from A3 to UA. Lets see when and where the miles get posted.
So, what happened with your miles?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
I have just tried this in vice versa. Used my SAS *G for lounge access etc, then whilst sat in the lounge, changed the FF from and EB FF to the Miles&Bonus FF. Posted the 600 points 3 days later. Suspect this needs to be done prior to check in closing though so timing is important.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by Matthew Bennion
I have just tried this in vice versa. Used my SAS *G for lounge access etc, then whilst sat in the lounge, changed the FF from and EB FF to the Miles&Bonus FF. Posted the 600 points 3 days later. Suspect this needs to be done prior to check in closing though so timing is important.
Where and how did you change this exactly?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by zagy
Where and how did you change this exactly?
In the SAS mobile app ^
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
I always find that changing it in the LH app does not translate automatically into the M&M personal page, therefore I always make a double check and change.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: TK G
Using TG Gold but credit miles to A3

Hi FT's,

I read for hours several threads and could not find an answer, so here we go:

I am TG G until Sep 2014 but want to collect A3 miles already now so that when my TG G expires in Sep 2014, I am A3 Gold already. But as long as I do not have qualified/received my A3 Gold card, I want to use of course the benefits of TG G (Priority Check In, Priority Luggage, 20kg extra luggage, Lounge, Priority Boarding).

My next flights are coming in December (ex HKG and ex BKK). When I booked my flights I mentioned my TG FFNO (A3, I only want to apply for the membership on the night before I fly).

Now my questions are:
Will TG allow me to credit the points to A3 (I would change when checking online my FF NO from TG to A3) even if I want to use above mentioned TG G benefits (it would not show *G on the BP)? In HKG, they normally provide Lounge Card, would I get the lounge card if no *G shown on BP or would they let me in if I only show them my TG G card even no *G shown on BP?

As per my understanding, to enjoy the *G benefits, you must fly on *A and being a *G member, but it does not say, I cannot enjoy those benefits if I credit the miles to another *A carrier, does it?

Would be great if somebody could comment who already used his TG G card but credited miles to A3 -or any other * carrier.

Thanks!
Cheers ^

Fraserman
Old Oct 28, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AC
Originally Posted by Fraserman
Hi FT's,

I read for hours several threads and could not find an answer, so here we go:

I am TG G until Sep 2014 but want to collect A3 miles already now so that when my TG G expires in Sep 2014, I am A3 Gold already. But as long as I do not have qualified/received my A3 Gold card, I want to use of course the benefits of TG G (Priority Check In, Priority Luggage, 20kg extra luggage, Lounge, Priority Boarding).

My next flights are coming in December (ex HKG and ex BKK). When I booked my flights I mentioned my TG FFNO (A3, I only want to apply for the membership on the night before I fly).

Now my questions are:
Will TG allow me to credit the points to A3 (I would change when checking online my FF NO from TG to A3) even if I want to use above mentioned TG G benefits (it would not show *G on the BP)? In HKG, they normally provide Lounge Card, would I get the lounge card if no *G shown on BP or would they let me in if I only show them my TG G card even no *G shown on BP?

As per my understanding, to enjoy the *G benefits, you must fly on *A and being a *G member, but it does not say, I cannot enjoy those benefits if I credit the miles to another *A carrier, does it?

Would be great if somebody could comment who already used his TG G card but credited miles to A3 -or any other * carrier.

Thanks!
Cheers ^

Fraserman
I have just done the same thing but slightly differently. Flew SAS, credited to A3 but used Aeroplan *Gold for priority luggage, access to the SAS lounge and priority boarding. No issues anywhere. The Lounge agent had to manually key in the entry to the lounge because the boarding pass was showing A3 basic member as it should. Seamless. Now to wait for the miles to post to A3.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Fraserman
Hi FT's,

Now my questions are:
Will TG allow me to credit the points to A3

Fraserman
Hi....I am still waiting for 8000 miles I flew on Thai Air back in July ,
it was a qualifying fare class but A3 says that Thai refused the miles,

Not to say this is always a problem , just beware that it can happen.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.