Wiki Posts
Search

ALL PLUS Voyageur

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2024, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
ALL PLUS Voyageur

I just paid the subscription to get this card and then tried to use it to book a Sofitel hotel (Sofitel Resort & Spa in Fiji) but no special discounted rates were shown online.

I can see the usual 5% off member rates but nothing more/different to that. And definitely none of the 20% discount the card indicates for Sofitel hotels.

(I’m signed into my account when trying to book and have linked the new card to the account etc and entered the numbers in the booking etc.)

Thoughts appreciated from anyone…. I tried to work out how to contact their customer services to ask for help but finding out how has completed defeated me!!!
Old Feb 9, 2024, 8:12 pm

Yes, I had this same problem when I first signed up to Voyageur!

From the Accor homepage, underneath the main booking search window there is a blue 'more options' button.

Click on this, and you should see an option to insert your 'Loyalty or subscription number'. Put in your Voyageur number which is sent out in the first welcome email, and then try to make your search. It should then work...

After a week or so, it seemed to recognise my Voyageur card without me having to do this (Accor IT...)
Old Feb 10, 2024, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jack274
Yes, I had this same problem when I first signed up to Voyageur!

From the Accor homepage, underneath the main booking search window there is a blue 'more options' button.

Click on this, and you should see an option to insert your 'Loyalty or subscription number'. Put in your Voyageur number which is sent out in the first welcome email, and then try to make your search. It should then work...

After a week or so, it seemed to recognise my Voyageur card without me having to do this (Accor IT...)
Thanks - interestingly it now shows the ALL PLUS Voyageur rates for many hotels but not any Sofitel ones (for which it still only shows the normal Member rates).

Any chance you go try the Fiji Sofitel and see if you can see the ALL PLUS Voyageur rates - to eliminate it just me being stupid!
Old Feb 10, 2024, 5:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
I just tried to book hotels in Fiji, but I can not find All Plus Voyageur rate at Sofitel Resort and Spa (tried different dates)

Novotel and Mercure have All Plus Voyageur rate
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nrouxel
I just tried to book hotels in Fiji, but I can not find All Plus Voyageur rate at Sofitel Resort and Spa (tried different dates)

Novotel and Mercure have All Plus Voyageur rate
I’m thinking the fact it’s showing the ALL PLUS Voyageur rates at those hotels but not at the Sofitel implies we’re logged in correctly and trying to use the card correctly, but that the discount isn’t being made available at all the hotels (ie Sofitels) promised by the card…. which means the card isn’t what’s it’s claimed to be!
Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:38 am

Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Splotly
I’m thinking the fact it’s showing the ALL PLUS Voyageur rates at those hotels but not at the Sofitel implies we’re logged in correctly and trying to use the card correctly, but that the discount isn’t being made available at all the hotels (ie Sofitels) promised by the card…. which means the card isn’t what’s it’s claimed to be!
There are a few hotels not showing the Voyageur rates on the website, but that's against the card's terms. If I remember correctly, in the past someone having the same issue had contacted Accor support and they fixed that for them at checkout. I think you should call them and ask.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bellerophontes
There are a few hotels not showing the Voyageur rates on the website, but that's against the card's terms. If I remember correctly, in the past someone having the same issue had contacted Accor support and they fixed that for them at checkout. I think you should call them and ask.
That sounds worth a try - let’s see what they say when I contact them!
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by bellerophontes

Good day,
It looks that hotels are making more & more their own rules : booking directly near hotel without applying rules, welcome drink voucher against a free bottle of water in the room…Hotels not showing All Voyageur rates…
Clients could be lost. I think it’s time for ACCOR to set-up clear rules for everybody or make sure that the existing are applied for hotels & customers.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Slc2012
Clients could be lost. I think it’s time for ACCOR to set-up clear rules for everybody or make sure that the existing are applied for hotels & customers.
I think if we look at the very first posts done in this forum when it's been created, we were saying the same . Paging starflyergold
starflyergold likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 10:49 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Ha! Well we all know that Accor have a difficult relationship with the concepts of consistency and standards. Hotels constantly try to weasel out what is supposed to be given to ALL customers and are seemingly allowed to get away with it.
Goldorak and dreamingbeyond like this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Update…

So Accor has told me that what I need to do is simply present my ALL PLUS card at the hotel when I check in, and the hotel will then apply the 20% discount.

Doesn’t feel like an entirely credible answer to me. And feels fishy as hell that they can’t just apply the correct rate right now and/or are directing me to the hotel itself to do it later…
Old Feb 15, 2024, 10:18 pm

So Accor has told me that what I need to do is simply present my ALL PLUS card at the hotel when I check in, and the hotel will then apply the 20% discount.

Doesn’t feel like an entirely credible answer to me. And feels fishy as hell that they can’t just apply the correct rate right now and/or are directing me to the hotel itself to do it later…
I sure hope they told you in writing
nrouxel likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I sure hope they told you in writing
Yes actually - on a Twitter reply to me online so proper record of it.

i think I might still contact the hotel shortly and show them the message and see how they react… although if we’re honest i think we already know how they’ll react!
Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:50 am

I'm looking into Accor ALL Plus, but it really looks like it's not adding much for an already deal conscious traveller who only does four or five stays of a few days per year. The normal member discount is already 10% on most of the midrange options I've looked at, and that extra 5% of discount isn't going to do all that much.
And the status is nice, but not that nice to have to take that gamble whether or not it makes economic sense for the discounts alone.

Or am I really missing something here?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:17 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat

I didn’t realise that the discount should be applied on all stays. There’s a Mercure that I use where booking a long time in advance I have the discount showing on the website but if I try for closer dates it says that preferential rates aren’t available. I took this to mean that there’s a quota of rooms available at ALL Voyageur rates and when they’re booked no more availability. But maybe that’s not the case. There’s another Mercure I use and I don’t see ALL Voyageur rates ever. It’s possibly one of the most expensive Mercures in France at around €300 a night. You’ve got me wondering now! Elsewhere I’ve got the discount and made a saving more than the card subscription cost so I’m making a saving overall, but maybe I’m missing out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.