Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Bookings saying they are not Eligible for Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Bookings saying they are not Eligible for Points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2023, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ALL Platinum, Avis Presidents Club, Marriott Silver, Aeroplan Elite
Exclamation Accor Bookings saying they are not Eligible for Points

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else seeing some stays in their upcoming Accor bookings say that some stays are not eligible for points? I have two random Visa Infinite Hotel Collection stays both saying they are not eligible for points when previously they showed expected reward and status point estimates in previous weeks. Accor STEP and direct bookings seem to be working fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Old Nov 12, 2023, 11:37 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, SBEC Plus, Shangri-La Circle, AccorPlus
Originally Posted by Wilas
Hi everyone,

Is anyone else seeing some stays in their upcoming Accor bookings say that some stays are not eligible for points? I have two random Visa Infinite Hotel Collection stays both saying they are not eligible for points when previously they showed expected reward and status point estimates in previous weeks. Accor STEP and direct bookings seem to be working fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Hey, it is Accor's system.
It always says "Not eligible for points", but when you check-in or after a night stay, it shows you the estimation of the points you will earn.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 8:49 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I've just seen this on a booking I made yesterday and came to this thread via a search engine.

It's certainly not part of Accor's system that I was familiar with before. The booking is at a UK Novotel I've stayed at several times before and the booking was made through Accor's site as usual.

Last edited by IMH; Dec 13, 2023 at 9:09 am Reason: syntax
Old Dec 13, 2023, 9:07 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I got that wording for a reservation that starts late this month and extends into next year in Bangkok. I assumed it meant that it's not eligible for points this year. Four other bookings for the same hotel this month did not have that wording.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Yeah, it's new to me too! I haven't completed those stays yet but I fully plan on appealing for points if they are not awarded. Luxury travel partner bookings should always give points, right? That's a lot of lost value if they have decided to change that.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
This has happened to me and so I called Accor ALL and was told to not worry about it. You will get the points for the stay. I was told it was a software error showing not eligible, but you will get the points. I was told they were working on the problem.
SullyofDoha, IMH, Wilas and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 9:29 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by HookEm
This has happened to me and so I called Accor ALL and was told to not worry about it. You will get the points for the stay. I was told it was a software error showing not eligible, but you will get the points. I was told they were working on the problem.
I had the same issue last week and had the same response. It was strange because my account on my laptop screen showed no points eligible, yet my account on my phone app showed the points I would earn. Anyways, Accor got back to me and said not to worry as I would be earning my points which I needed to scrape by the year with 60 earned nights! Whew!!! ;-D
IMH, sydunipete and hotel_user like this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:57 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Thanks Sully and HookEm for calling Accor and reporting back. My trip isn't until March so I wasn't going to chase this yet.
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
my account on my laptop screen showed no points eligible, yet my account on my phone app showed the points I would earn.
I've just checked and this is true for me, too -- the phone app shows everything as it should be.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IMH
Thanks Sully and HookEm for calling Accor and reporting back. My trip isn't until March so I wasn't going to chase this yet.

I've just checked and this is true for me, too -- the phone app shows everything as it should be.
Weird. Those stays that I'm having this issue with don't show point estimations in the browser or the app.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I too have the same issue. Three weeks ago, my travel agent booked 4 Accor bookings for next year:

a) 2 at Fairmont Hotels (Dubai, NYC) using suite upgrades
b) one at Fairmont (Maui) use the TLG Select/Internova published special rate
c) one at Sofitel Barcelona using the TLG Select/Internova published special rate

In addition I just finished staying at the Fairmont Mayakoba TLG Select/Internova published special rate two weeks ago. That had been booked months ago- showing I would earn the Accor (status) points when I stayed. I stayed, Nothing credited to my account for 10 days. I emailed Fairmont Mayakoba generic email address and Accor general manager email address and Accor customer service email address.

The front desk responded and sent me an invoice by email and soon thereafter I got the points.
The reservations desk (on behalf of the general manager) responded and stated I was ineligible for credit as my booking was made as a third party bookings (obviously not correct)
the Accor customer service responded stating that the issue with one getting credit from a hotel stay is the hotel's responsibility rather than Accor's responsibility!
Old Dec 19, 2023, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Accor is the most “GOTCHA” company! Way too much small print!
hotel_user likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ALL Gold
Is this still a common occurance, or should I take it on face value?

Just got this message myself - booking at the Mondrian Hong Kong and they have this ''lifestyle city & beach breaks" rate direct on Accor (equivalent to the Flexible Rate but with a different name).
Spoiler

But post booking it says the stay is ineligible for points! Is this an I.T. error or true? I can't seem to find any info anywhere from Accor's website!

Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:06 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by dreamingbeyond
Is this still a common occurance, or should I take it on face value?

Just got this message myself - booking at the Mondrian Hong Kong and they have this ''lifestyle city & beach breaks" rate direct on Accor (equivalent to the Flexible Rate but with a different name).
Spoiler

But post booking it says the stay is ineligible for points! Is this an I.T. error or true? I can't seem to find any info anywhere from Accor's website!
I'd say it is an IT problem but if you want to make sure contact the hotel and flag this nonsense.
hotel_user and dreamingbeyond like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Was told yesterday it was a software problem .... however did screen shot of both desktop site ( showing points ) and app not showing points ....

We will see
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I'd say it is an IT problem but if you want to make sure contact the hotel and flag this nonsense.
I will try to but it's such a chore!

The other thing is I rebooked this rate (I had the flex rate, rebooked into this and it went down circa £65). If I don't get the points I am not too bothered, as the saving in the new rate makes up for any loss of points (I think the points under the old booking were valued at £16, as per Accor's fixed point redemption rates).
hotel_user likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.