Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.
Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread (if it hasn't, you might consider starting one). If you are planning to use the new FT Hotel Review Format please post those reviews in the hotel's individual thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:35 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
So it seems that the situation hasn't changed that much since my review of this hotel last august
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25352318-post320.html
But it seems that my experience was a bit better than yours.

What is more shocking after reading your post is that I understand they have not started any (urgently needed) renovation of this hotel, because in the response I received from the GM after the satisfaction survey, they acknowledged that the hotel was very dated but they were mentioning a complete renovation due to start early 2016 .
Shame
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Sound pretty bad. Did you ask at the hotel why they ignored your LCAH benefits? It shouldn't be customers' task to remind the staff but I always do if I don't get what I should.
Originally Posted by fransknorge
No I did not this time. I put the question in the feedback survey though.
So I gave my feelings and honest review in the feedback survey and I received today an answer:

Dear fransknorge,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Madrid Plaza De Espana. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Our hotel is updated and we will start to refurbish it in a few months. We have already finish one of our rooms that has became the Pilot Room . We are waiting for a green light to start.

Last friday I was not present at the hotel but i have checked our availabilty and we have enough Privilege Rooms available, I can not understand why our team didn't offer a free Upgrade to you.

I have credited 2200 points in your Le Club Accor Card to apologize for all those inconveniences.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Javier de Lucas
Director
Well handled from them. It seems the refurbishment is in the pipe but is delayed, might not be the hotel fault there.
So after that, I would be ready to give them a second chance after the hotel is refurbished.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:18 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Thumbs up.
A very honest and genuine response.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:57 am

Not sure if I can ask this Question here, but here it goes..

I made a booking while I was gold and now I am plat with the booking coming up this weekend.
Being Plat my membership number changed as well. Would the points from my upcoming stay get credited automatically or do I need to update my membership number while checking in? TIA
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:33 pm

You have to present your new card or at least the new platinum number at the checkin. It would be even better if you send a email to the hotel with your new number.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Thumbs up.
A very honest and genuine response.
Yes, indeed. But what would be even better is trained staff in all hotels to avoid such situations
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:49 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Yes, indeed. But what would be even better is trained staff in all hotels to avoid such situations
Ja... well... Accorhotels.... Their reputation precedes them.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 9:46 am

Name of the hotel: Sofitel Shanghai Hyland

What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very good stay

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? Booked superior room and upgraded to Suite room (2 levels upgrade)

How are the rooms? Suite room feature separate living room. Bathtub and shower are avail. Quite nice room I think.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
- Premium location at the center of Shanghai
- Upgraded to Suite room even my stay is a complimentary night from Accor Plus
- Decent sized room
- VIP treatment : fruit & macarron plate

Bad:
- The bellboy hailed red striped taxi for us. In Shanghai, red striped taxi known have tampered meter.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Not really fond of it. Tried afternoon tea and breakfast. It's just so-so.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? The rate is considerably high because its premium location (Nanjing road). Maybe return if there is super sale.

Last edited by TeRriii; Jun 25, 2016 at 10:08 am
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:03 am

Name of the hotel: Pullman Shanghai South

What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Almost perfect.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? Booked superior room (lowest category) and upgraded to Deluxe Suite room (4 levels upgrade). I surprised to get this huge upgrade. My experience with Accor before maximum 2 levels upgrade.

How are the rooms? Modern, very large room, amenities are top notch, big bathtub, and the bed is super comfy with 8 pillows.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
- New modern hotel
- I ate at chinese and western restaurant, really tasty and good quality food.
- Late check out given to 3 p.m. I asked for 4 p.m and they agreed (in China you are advised to negotiate in most transaction)
- Welcome drink for 2...good for cocktail and beer (Gold & Platinum only)
- Executive lounge is very nice. Evian, Pellgrino, beer (Tiger,Heineken,etc), fresh juice, and herbal tea are available on big refrigerators
- Offered to take breakfast at lounge or main restaurant (Savor)

Bad:
- Location is far from downtown. 30+ km from Pudong airport.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. Big lounge with modern meeting room. Good breakfast and afternoon tea.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I would love to. US$ 170 for 2 nights is a good bargain.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:09 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach (3rd stay)

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Definitely yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Ocean and requested for a specific block, thus no upgrade.

- How are the rooms? Great, well kept and the views from the ocean rooms are spectacular as they gave me my previous room I stayed in April

Good:

} Service is awesome
} Amenities are great

Bad:

} Pool titles are starting to come out
} Had a very bad food poisoning (not from hotel food) and they still took very good care of me.
} Occupancy at this hotel in constantly high. I quote a staff there "there's no such thing as off peak season, we are always near 100% through the year" Good for hotel I guess, but not good for guest as it always crowded.
} Food could use abit of improvement and change of menu selection as they have yet to change it from at least 10 months for the main restaurant.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge as of the moment as one might be built soon.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? The usual Platinum voucher

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Definitely
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: UA MP Plat MM, *G;Global Entry; Hertz, Budget; Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
- Name of the hotel: Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Definitely yes

Booked: Deluxe Room with King Bed
Upgraded to: Executive Suite

- How are the rooms? Great, modern. a bit on small side (living room side).

- Good:
Generally good service. No quibbles about upgrades or vouchers

- Bad:
Did not get my wake-up call
Executive loungs food offering non-existent in teh afternoon (2-4pm)
(I guess I could have asked for a la carte but I was not hungry enough, just wanted to browse/snack.

- Did you get club lounge access? yes

- How was the lounge? Ok. Tuesday afternoon the buffet was nonexistent.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? The usual Platinum voucher

- Value for $ or Vouchers?
used vouchers about to expire.

Would you return?
yes, though location not that great..
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Novotel Lyon Part Dieu

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

I needed a room for the big France-Ireland match and I knew I wouldn't get an upgrade. So I booked an Executive at a cheaper advance pay rate.

- How are the rooms?
I got one on the corner with a nice terrace. Except the garden of the terrace was full of weeds. It's clear that the hotel pays no attention to it.

Otherwise the room was fine and came with a free mini-bar.

- Good:
Great location.

- Bad:
Lack of attention to detail.

- Did you get club lounge access?

No lounge

One free beer or wine. They asked if I wanted a small beer or a large one.

- Value for € or Vouchers?
Yes, I paid much less than the Irish fans because I booked early. Even the Ibis was going for €300 per night a few days before the match.

Would you return?
For the location, yes.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Novotel Amboise

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Booked standard for 3, and got just that, with the sofa-bed already made up. The hotel is sold out.

- How are the rooms?
Standard French Novotel

- Good:
Amboise is a great visit with a lovely chateau.
Sporting activities at the hotel include a pool, tennis, mini-golf, bicycles, etc.

- Bad:
Nothing.

- Did you get club lounge access?

No lounge

Coupon for one drink.

- Value for � or Vouchers?
Yes it is a relatively cheap area.

Would you return?
Sure
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Ibis Style Stockholm Odenplan

Name of the hotel: Ibis Style Stockholm Odenplan

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, even if no (to very little) Le Club benefits, but you cannot expect too much in that respect whenstaying in those brands.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ? I booked a single room which was the only room type that was available outside the family rooms for 3 /4 persons. I got that room which has a single (1 person) bed. I haven’t seen that kind of room for a while. No upgrade (hotel was full, but in any case, Le club now lists specifically Ibis/ibis style outside the upgrade scheme. I don’t remember if it was the case before). At least I have the impression that they gave me the « best room » in that category, because it was on the top (6th) floor, under the roof and at the end of the corridor which means 0 noise.

- How are the rooms? small but you don’t feel cramped at all. It was quite pleasant in fact. Small bathroom and not easy to shower without puting water everywhere.

Good:
- location (50m from Odenplan metro station, which is 3 stations away from the Central railway station where the Arlanda express train arrives).
- friendly staff
- nice modern designs in room

Bad: : nothing really bad. Small rooms as already said but in which you « feel well ». Breakfast room in the basement is quite depressing (be careful, there are guest rooms in this basement !).

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks : no welcome drink was given and I didn’t bother to ask knowing that there is no bar in the hotel…
I asked for late check-out at 4 pm but they wanted to grant me only 2 pm because of full occupancy. I declined it because for me it was 4 or nothing.
Now the best !! in the room, I had on the table what I believe was the « VIP treatment » which consisted in a small bottle of sparkling water, 2 small chocolates, and…a small bag with small flasks of cheap shampoo, body lotion and conditionner and a little piece of soap wrapped in plastic (like the one you have in Ibis hotels) – see pictures. What a shame ! I thought about Starflyergold and his story of soap bar at Sofitel Hamburg. At least I hope it was a nice brand for you. Laughable at most. I left it in the room !!

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, because comfortable, clean and convenient, but it’s a shame that Accor has only the lower brands in a city like Stockholm.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Goldorak; Jul 3, 2016 at 11:58 pm
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ibis Style Stockholm Odenplan
OK, now it's my turn to say you are moving down in the world Goldorak.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by stimpy
OK, now it's my turn to say you are moving down in the world Goldorak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.