Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

YOUR EXCEPTIONAL BONUS IN MAY 10,000 points up for grabs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YOUR EXCEPTIONAL BONUS IN MAY 10,000 points up for grabs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2015, 6:51 am

For anyone else with missing stays - had two missing stays credited recently and everything related to the 10k promo posted correctly without any need for additional follow up.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have already completed 2 stays within this promotion and the bonus points have posted correctly and immediately (at the same time as the regular points).

Satellite question : you likely all remember this IT bug Accor had with the OLCI system interfering with the booking date and leading to no bonus points credit ? Accorconcierge informed us it was fully fixed. But since that, I don't receive anymore an e-mail inviting me to OLCI before a stay (eligible hotel of course). What about you guys ?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:59 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have already completed 2 stays within this promotion and the bonus points have posted correctly and immediately (at the same time as the regular points).

Satellite question : you likely all remember this IT bug Accor had with the OLCI system interfering with the booking date and leading to no bonus points credit ? Accorconcierge informed us it was fully fixed. But since that, I don't receive anymore an e-mail inviting me to OLCI before a stay (eligible hotel of course). What about you guys ?
I have finished my first promotion stay, and also my points were posted correctly together with the regular points.

I did receive OLCI email but didn't dare to use it. The brand was Ibis.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:09 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
First stay in

It was very quick within 3-5hrs after checking out.
Sofitel Macau 16 Ponte.

So i now have the 1000 points for the first stay and I have a 2nd stay this Saturday and Sunday (Wuhan Novotel) so should have the 4000 points posting with that one.

Sadly no third stay as I dont have time to stay 2 nights during these busy couple of months.

Lets hope there is one more promotion like this for 1 or 2 night stays before the end of the year to ensure renewal for plat in 2016.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by tris06
It was very quick within 3-5hrs after checking out.
Sofitel Macau 16 Ponte.

So i now have the 1000 points for the first stay and I have a 2nd stay this Saturday and Sunday (Wuhan Novotel) so should have the 4000 points posting with that one.

Sadly no third stay as I dont have time to stay 2 nights during these busy couple of months.

Lets hope there is one more promotion like this for 1 or 2 night stays before the end of the year to ensure renewal for plat in 2016.
From heaven you've gone on to hell Wuhan at this time of the year? The Novotel Wuhan is probably one of the worst Accor properties in all my stays with Accor.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:48 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

that bad?

Well I know it will be hot in Wuhan but if you have to choose would you choose an IBIS over the Novotel in the city? I know IBIS in china dont credit any points so thats a big no no for me.

We reserved 2 superior rooms for 3 people. I have rung up already and they have allowed both rooms to upgrade to the Junior suite so I assume we have lounge access. Are the suites really that bad as well? Is it worth paying the extra little to upgrade to the bigger suite (Executive suite I think)?

Yes I dont expect much from Novotel but at least it was cheap. I just hope its comfortable and has some basic drinks and food in the lounge. I expect nothing compared to our recent stay at Sofitel Macau (Prestige Suite really was great).

What Accor really need to do is either get Novotel upgraded ( renovated) or get another Mercure/Pullman/Sofitel in the city to make things better.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Last year I booked a room at a Sofitel hotel and didn't manage to check-in, but the stay counted and points were posted to my Le Club account.

My third non-refundable stay for this exceptional bonus promotion is in a couple of weeks at a Novotel in the UK. I've had a change of plans and need to be in Norway instead of England. Do you think that the same will happen this time and the 5,000 points will be posted or not please?

If not, does anyone fancy two nights in a hotel?

onemoretrip.

Last edited by onemoretrip; Jul 21, 2015 at 9:18 am
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:14 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by onemoretrip
My third non-refundable stay for this exceptional bonus promotion is in a couple of weeks [...] Do you think that the same will happen this time and the 5,000 points will be posted or not please?
It might, but it shouldn't.

If I were you I'd consider removing the hotel locations from your post.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by onemoretrip
Last year I booked a room at a Sofitel hotel and didn't manage to check-in, but the stay counted and points were posted to my Le Club account.

My third non-refundable stay for this exceptional bonus promotion is in a couple of weeks at a Novotel in the UK. I've had a change of plans and need to be in Norway instead of England. Do you think that the same will happen this time and the 5,000 points will be posted or not please?

If not, does anyone fancy two nights in a hotel?

onemoretrip.
Where's the stay? If nothing else, sure someone could check in to it for you...

I have all but given up here, one stay posted without the 3rd promo posting at all, and all Accor have said in return (5 days after sending email) is can I send my invoice - though nobody is questioning whether I stayed, only that the subsequent bonus has failed to post.

Another stay since (which would itself have triggered the bonus instead) has failed to post - another case of the hotel providing a welcome drink, (no upgrade because all the rooms are joint worst in the world) then somehow 'losing' my LCAH details before checkout...

Contacting the hotel seems to be easier than contacting Accor but frankly, I don't feel good about patronising up a business with this attitude to working with customers when they mess things up.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Well I know it will be hot in Wuhan but if you have to choose would you choose an IBIS over the Novotel in the city? I know IBIS in china dont credit any points so thats a big no no for me.

We reserved 2 superior rooms for 3 people. I have rung up already and they have allowed both rooms to upgrade to the Junior suite so I assume we have lounge access. Are the suites really that bad as well? Is it worth paying the extra little to upgrade to the bigger suite (Executive suite I think)?

Yes I dont expect much from Novotel but at least it was cheap. I just hope its comfortable and has some basic drinks and food in the lounge. I expect nothing compared to our recent stay at Sofitel Macau (Prestige Suite really was great).

What Accor really need to do is either get Novotel upgraded ( renovated) or get another Mercure/Pullman/Sofitel in the city to make things better.
I'm not even aware they have lounge. But then I stayed there when Platinum's benefits didn't include lounge access yet. I didn't stay at the suites, just entry level rooms, small and dated. The locals smoke like chimneys so non-smoking rooms are just for show and they placed ash trays at the elevator area on non-smoking floors. My biggest gripe with this property is the breakfast. If the main restaurant is serving such mediocre fares, I cannot imagine what they offer in the lounge. Anyway, I've torn down any expectations you may have of this Novotel, so you can build up from there

It's been a while since my last stay, let's hope things have improved.

Last edited by RJ77; Jul 22, 2015 at 6:42 am
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:03 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Thanks

Yes I am going in with low expectations though after reading reviews on TripAdvisor when the manager replies since December last year they have been doing renovations here and there. So hopefully we can see some improvement.

I rang them up for the upgrade (night time is useless as the guy/girl has no idea) but the manager was able to upgrade our 2 rooms on the 1 account to junior suite which is just 37 m squared but yeah we dont plan to spend much time at the hotel.

Mixed reviews I also saw trip advisor from about good/very good to poor.
Luckily my wife and her mother are Chinese so for them the breakfast should be good enough. Now for me preferring a western breakfast it might be lacking.

Will let you know in a couple of days with a report.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Re: getting points for not staying, Accor's IT systems must have been borrowed from Swissotel, as they are full of holes like the Swiss cheese.

I have had a number of changes to my travel plans this year and booked and cancelled quite a few stays (on fully flex, on-prepaid rates), sometimes weeks, and sometimes just days prior to the booked dates.

It is most unlikely that I do NOT receive a survey questionnaire after my "stay" if I cancelled it. No points, sadly, but I can rate all of my non-experiences at will.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:07 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Missing points for 2nd stay

I have been given the bonus points for the x4 plat promotion and my regular points but no sign of the may offer which would be 4000 for the 2nd stay booked during the promotion.

It was the Wuhan Novotel. I think I will ring Customer service tomorrow to see what I can do about it or how long I need to wait before I can force it through.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:04 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I have been given the bonus points for the x4 plat promotion and my regular points but no sign of the may offer which would be 4000 for the 2nd stay booked during the promotion.

It was the Wuhan Novotel. I think I will ring Customer service tomorrow to see what I can do about it or how long I need to wait before I can force it through.
The call centre here in China said they could not allow both promotions though i pushed them harder. I did get 1400/1500 points from the x4 bonus already.Anyone have similar problem?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:23 am

The bonuses from Asia Pasific Triple Point, Boost May 2015 and Point x2 is all stack up.
My status go up direct to Plat from Silver because of these bonus points.

So you should ask Accor CS if you don't get points from these promotions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.