Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels leaving Accor

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:35 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Sebel Pelican Waters on the Sunshine Coast QLD Australia left the chain today.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 10:34 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I am not sure but I get the feeling capo vatinco M gallery has left the group. I emailed them to confirm. That leaves nothing in southern Italy. I feel dissapointed that accor seem to be losing hotels in locations they are weakest in. Noticed also some other remote branded hotels have left the group in Italy.

So options to be on the Mediterranean seems to become limited. Any recommendations on the european side of the sea?
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
You can expect more news lie this , as accorinvest sold their australian portofolio to iris capital , therefore the next most logical step is a revamp plan , and it means more and more AUS hotels leaving all
Although this hotel was not part of that transaction, and most of those are Ibis budget (17/23) while the others have mostly already left, ie COMO MGallery by Sofitel in Melbourne is still there but the Novotel Brisbane, Mercure and Ibis hotels in Brisbane are gone and the Mercure and Ibis hotels in Perth possibly also.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 4:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by markis10
Although this hotel was not part of that transaction, and most of those are Ibis budget (17/23) .
Yes i realised my mistake just few seconds after that , thats why i deleted my post . but you were faster than me

but the Novotel Brisbane, Mercure and Ibis hotels in Brisbane are gone and the Mercure and Ibis hotels in Perth possibly also.
Iris capital bought the low budget hotels ibis/ibis budget , so that why some are forever gone , but in general we can expect more changes like this in australia , as country is closed
Old Feb 1, 2021, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
Iris capital bought the low budget hotels ibis/ibis budget , so that why some are forever gone , but in general we can expect more changes like this in australia , as country is closed
I doubt it, the country is open to domestic tourism and many hotels have had an excellent summer. Accor in Australia has expanded dramatically in recent times with net gains in numbers. The loss of the recent hotels are more a reflection of their poor value, being much older low value properties, in the case of Brisbane they were the original Accor hotels, there are now 27 in the same city to replace them thanks to Mantra/Sebel etc, meanwhile Hyatt announced their first property in Qld in 8 years today.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 7:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
I doubt it, the country is open to domestic tourism and many hotels have had an excellent summer..
So the domestic demand is enough for hotels to survive ??

my point was about foreign tourists coming outside of the aussie/kiwi bubble , of course news changes all the time but last update i received was that it was pretty complicated to get there , due to regulations or airlines stopping their flights to australia
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Basically foriegners cannot get into Australia.
Unless they can prove it is essential big business.
There are limited places in hotel quarantine and hence the number of arrivals with a strong preference to only allowing Australian citizens/ permenant residents and their dependants a top priority. So effectively traveling to Australia for a holiday is a no go unless yes from NZ.

I just can't wait and hope this vaccine for the most part sorts out the need for quarantine and we get back to atleast some partial normality.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by tris06
Basically foriegners cannot get into Australia.
Unless they can prove it is essential big business.
There are limited places in hotel quarantine and hence the number of arrivals with a strong preference to only allowing Australian citizens/ permenant residents and their dependants a top priority. So effectively traveling to Australia for a holiday is a no go unless yes from NZ.

I just can't wait and hope this vaccine for the most part sorts out the need for quarantine and we get back to atleast some partial normality.
Fairmont San Jose has closed and filed for bankruptcy.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 4:33 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by tris06
I am not sure but I get the feeling capo vatinco M gallery has left the group. I emailed them to confirm. That leaves nothing in southern Italy. I feel dissapointed that accor seem to be losing hotels in locations they are weakest in. Noticed also some other remote branded hotels have left the group in Italy.

So options to be on the Mediterranean seems to become limited. Any recommendations on the european side of the sea?
Was just searching for this hotel as I was planning to book there in a few weeks - thinking about a southern European road trip soon. Seems indeed that it has quietly gone from their portfolio - not in the search anymore and all Accor branding has gone from their website: https://www.capovaticanoresort.it/
Old May 1, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
Shanghai Hyland Sofitel will be out in a few weeks
BinSabai likes this.
Old May 1, 2021, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by hessinger
Shanghai Hyland Sofitel will be out in a few weeks
BinSabai likes this.
Old May 2, 2021, 1:44 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sycokid
One behind Central Station
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Novotel Brisbane
Originally Posted by JTCz
Which Novotel?
I have heard the signage came down next week.

(And it's appeared on the Amora website)
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Sofitel Chengdu

Unfortunate news the cheapest Sofitel I know is leaving the group (Sofitel Chengdu Taihe) will become Taihe international hotels. I wonder if this is the continuing trend of local companies(in China) jumping ship as there is no international travel.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 8:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Mercure Bratislava Centrum

Found this on Facebook

Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Not that these hotel are specials but anyway :

Ibis Styles Petitenget Bali - Kamaniiya Petitenget
Ibis Styles Bandung Braga - Hotel Kimaya by Harris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.