Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

A look at SFO T3 Progress - "As nice or nicer than T2"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A look at SFO T3 Progress - "As nice or nicer than T2"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I want my airside Subway and Burger King back
Subway pre-security is OK with me...

Had a nice chicken bacon ranch sub there the other day, and from 5:00 - 9:00 (?) they have 'happy hour' where all beers are $3.00!

BK is bad for you, change your diet! (Or head further in to T3 for Lori's Diner for your calorie bomb).
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Subway pre-security is OK with me...

Had a nice chicken bacon ranch sub there the other day, and from 5:00 - 9:00 (?) they have 'happy hour' where all beers are $3.00!

BK is bad for you, change your diet! (Or head further in to T3 for Lori's Diner for your calorie bomb).
Subway is my absolute LAST resort for subs. (Shouldn't be a surprise - I live in Wawa country and there's a Wegmans less than 5min from my apartment.) Even on the road, I look for better options. Personally, if I'm hankerin' for sammich at T3, I prefer Boudin Bakery. Given additional time, Anchor Brewing or Gordon Biersch.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by Critic
Subway is my absolute LAST resort for subs. (Shouldn't be a surprise - I live in Wawa country and there's a Wegmans less than 5min from my apartment.) Even on the road, I look for better options. Personally, if I'm hankerin' for sammich at T3, I prefer Boudin Bakery. Given additional time, Anchor Brewing or Gordon Biersch.
Klein's Deli opened a few months ago near 83, and they did a great sandwich when I stopped by back in June. Enormous portions, though--my wife and I were fine splitting one sandwich.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Pre-Security, if you are hungry there is Subway. Period...

In my case, I was picking somebody up at the airport and could not get though security.

Beyond security, I must say that the T3 Food and Beverage options are excellent, and still improving.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by DCA writer
Klein's Deli opened a few months ago near 83, and they did a great sandwich when I stopped by back in June. Enormous portions, though--my wife and I were fine splitting one sandwich.
+1

BK was awful, glad to see it gone
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:32 pm

610 6:00 AM SFO 7:52 AM PHX
685 9:15 AM SFO 11:07 AM PHX
46 12:00 PM SFO 1:54 PM PHX
128 3:40 PM SFO 5:35 PM PHX
408 5:10 PM SFO 7:09 PM PHX
954 6:10 AM SFO 2:33 PM PHL
650 8:15 AM SFO 4:34 PM PHL
658 11:00 AM SFO 7:23 PM PHL
648 10:10 PM SFO 6:20 AM PHL
704 7:15 AM SFO 3:08 PM CLT
706 8:50 AM SFO 4:53 PM CLT
464 11:05 AM SFO 7:04 PM CLT
466 1:10 PM SFO 9:11 PM CLT
942 10:15 PM SFO 6:04 AM CLT

These are all the US Airways flights I see operating out of SFO...

How many gates do you need to operate 28 arrivals / departures per day?

Is T2 completely full?
shhh... The AAdmirals Club there is super quiet, nice and relaxing.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:21 am
Original Poster

"PREMIUM SECURITY EXPANSION AT SFO. Have you seen boarded up area adjacent to United’s Premium Security entry point (F-3) on the far western side of Terminal 3? Apparently, it’s hiding a significant expansion (six lanes, up from current four) of the frequently clogged security checkpoint, but we’ve not been able to squeeze any more details (such as opening dates) out of SFO yet. Stay tuned."

Not sure why SFO is not sharing more details on this?

They want it to be a big surprise?

http://thebat-sf.com/2013/09/18/bett...Traveler%29%29

Also from Chris:

"BETTER WIFI AT SFO. Logging on the (thankfully free) wi-fi at SFO became a clutter free experience this summer with an upgrade to a newer, faster network. Instead of a greeting of irritating ads, you can now log on with one click accepting terms and conditions, and boom, you are good to go for up to two hours. Look for “SFO FREE WIFI.” When the airport is busy, the connections tend to slow down a bit, but hey, you get what you pay for, right?"
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:11 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
"PREMIUM SECURITY EXPANSION AT SFO. Have you seen boarded up area adjacent to United’s Premium Security entry point (F-3) on the far western side of Terminal 3? Apparently, it’s hiding a significant expansion (six lanes, up from current four) of the frequently clogged security checkpoint, but we’ve not been able to squeeze any more details (such as opening dates) out of SFO yet. Stay tuned."

Not sure why SFO is not sharing more details on this?

They want it to be a big surprise?

http://thebat-sf.com/2013/09/18/bett...Traveler%29%29

Also from Chris:

"BETTER WIFI AT SFO. Logging on the (thankfully free) wi-fi at SFO became a clutter free experience this summer with an upgrade to a newer, faster network. Instead of a greeting of irritating ads, you can now log on with one click accepting terms and conditions, and boom, you are good to go for up to two hours. Look for “SFO FREE WIFI.” When the airport is busy, the connections tend to slow down a bit, but hey, you get what you pay for, right?"
Bolding mine: Noticed this last week and yes, a massive improvement ^^^
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Also from Chris:

Yay, better WiFi. Yet another reason that one doesn't need the United Club!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by astroflyer
Yay, better WiFi. Yet another reason that one doesn't need the United Club!
With all the great dining / drinking options in T3 (and free airport wifi), for many people the club will not be necessary.

The new club is going to be a spectacular place though!
Old Oct 6, 2013, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Update from The BAT:

http://thebat-sf.com/2013/09/25/sfo-...mod-sfo-video/

Revamped T3 premier security scheduled to open end of January 2014. (expansion to 6 lanes.)

Then, further security construction:

- The next phase is to expand the F1 checkpoint (on the eastern side of Terminal 3) to ten lanes. That project should be ready by the summer of 2015.

- Once both new security checkpoints are up and running, the current F2 checkpoint (in the middle of Terminal 3) will be eliminated.

Boarding Area E also scheduled to open in January 2014.

http://www.flysfo.com/about-sfo/airp...oarding-area-e

Last edited by LarkSFO; Oct 7, 2013 at 12:28 am Reason: .
Old Oct 6, 2013, 3:33 pm

And that should be the opening of the new United Club. Should be great.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM(BIS)
Getting Close......

http://www.flysfo.com/media/press-re...-boarding-area

+ Centurion Club!

http://thebat-sf.com/tag/centurion/
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I did a double-take recently when I saw some UA 737 parked at gates in the new pier. I asked an agent at the UC and she said that they've been using those gates and jetways for training employees.

Really looking forward to having this open.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:33 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by if1km
+ Centurion Club!
WOOHOO!!! I go to SFO a lot more than LAS and have never been to DFW. I guess I won't be connecting in LAX anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.