Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:00 am

Programs: Life IS good !!! ®
Originally Posted by dmitri
Does anyone have a table on earning United miles on Emirates?
From United.com: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,2152,00.html
Emirates

Earning miles
Present your Mileage Plus® number when making reservations and you can earn:
Economy Class—100% of actual miles flown
Business Class—125% of actual miles flown
First Class—150% of actual miles flown
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by dmitri
Does anyone have a table on earning United miles on Emirates?
What dcgators said.

Remember that any non *A partner (such as EK) will not earn any EQM. Only RDM's.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I added a warning about W & S fares on LH after a suggestion from cakobau here.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K (sob...former GS), Marriott Platinum
LH coded UA flight question

Forgive the strange question, but if my ticket is for LH coded UA flights, would I still earn 100% EQMs and RDMs, along with credit for lifetime and 500's?

I'm faced with a situation where the UA flight numbers are about $150 more than the LH ones, as strange as that is.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 2:32 pm

Programs: Life IS good !!! ®
Originally Posted by DasKitty
Forgive the strange question, but if my ticket is for LH coded UA flights, would I still earn 100% EQMs and RDMs, along with credit for lifetime and 500's?

I'm faced with a situation where the UA flight numbers are about $150 more than the LH ones, as strange as that is.
Yes on all counts because it's UA metal, and elite bonus too.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcgators
Yes on all counts because it's UA metal, and elite bonus too.
What dcgators said, except if you were planning to upgrade this flight with miles or SWU's you will only be able to do it day of departure, not in advance. This is because of the LH number on UA metal.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K (sob...former GS), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by qasr
What dcgators said, except if you were planning to upgrade this flight with miles or SWU's you will only be able to do it day of departure, not in advance. This is because of the LH number on UA metal.

wow...many thanks to dcgators and qasr for the speedy replies! May the extra pillows and specialty milk be plentiful on all your flights!
Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1P
With the US Airways/America West merger imminent, a question has come up regarding whether or not America West (HP)-operated flights will earn UA MP miles after the merger. For now, the answer is no. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476413
Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for keep us updated cakobau! ^
Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:50 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Originally Posted by Sydfly
I just found out that SQ has a booking class E that earns 100% miles with some other programs such as LH M&M. Don't know what the earnings are in UA MP, but it might be worth adding this booking class to the SQ entry here. I wouldn't have known this, but I just came across a fare in E class on SQ and tried to find out how many miles this would earn. Weird class I should say. Unfortunately, the UA website does not list any earnin exceptions on SQ even though we already know of some...

qasr, I also linked your thread to my Earning miles on *Alliance flights - a helpful guide thread in the *Alliance forum. Keep up the good work!
Hi there. Can't help notice the E bucket. If I'm not wrong, E bucket is sold in SIN almost exclusively, as a slight discount to the full fare Y. Only Y and E are sold in SIN and earn miles, other than the occasional discount G,V,Q,N,T promo fares that don't earn miles.

S and B fares are not sold locally though.

According to KF's guide, any fare except O,I,X (award tix) and G,V,Q,N,T (deeply discounted) earns RDM and EQM.

HTH
Old Sep 27, 2005, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA Gold
Further to the changes at BMI, it now looks as if their cheap fares still earn miles until January 1, rather than November 1, if a couple of threads on the BD forum are anything to go by (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472202)

But given that they don't seem to be in any hurry to tell their own members what's going on, I doubt that they will have communicated this to Mileage Plus, so it may not make any difference. Watch this space...

Last edited by erab; Sep 27, 2005 at 8:37 am
Old Sep 27, 2005, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks kaysquare & erab, I incorporated those changes into the OP.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
United currently lists on their web page the following note about earning miles on *A

"PLEASE NOTE: The mileage accrual of United marketed code share flights operated by other carriers is based on the accrual rule of the operating carrier."

So, I'm taking a LH metal (UA codeshare) flight from FRA to HYD (flying UA metal from IAD to FRA to connect). I am flying a D class fare. When I go to LH web page, it seems like they give a higher bonus for paid D fares (100 percent class of service bonus) instead of the 50% class of service bonus.

I saw some conflicting posts (maybe it isn't always uniform) so thought I'd ask here.

Basically I'm a 1K flying from IAD to HYD (combination UA and LH metal on UA ticket) and trying to figure out how many total miles and how many EQM I am going to get.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

"Based on the accrual of the operating carrier" means that if you have a UA codeshare on LH metal, you would get miles according to the LH rules of the MP program. Not that you get miles according to LH's M&M program.

So, if you are flying IAD-FRA on UA, you will get 150% EQM & 125% RDM, plus any elite bonus. FRA-HYD on LH metal will earn you 100% EQM & 125% RDM, no elite bonus applies.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
I can confirm empirically that LH S fares earn 100% RDM and EQM. Further I can confirm that trans-Atlantic segments earn MP elite RDM bonus (1P = 100% in my case) and intra-Europe do not earn any elite bonus.

I flew IAD-FRA-FCO-FRA-DTW recently. S class tix bought thru United.bomb as UA flight numbers on LH metal.

From my mileage summary:
LH 0417 S Class IAD to FRA 4,081 4,081 8,162
LH 3840 S Class FRA to FCO 598 0 598
LH 3841 S Class FCO to FRA 596 0 596
LH 0442 S Class FRA to DTW 4,161 4,161 8,322

(Odd that FRA-FCO and FCO-FRA officially differ by two miles!)

This all agrees with the UA page here .
Time to change the chart?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.