Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2006, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1P
According to this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513838
you can earn United EQMs on South African starting TODAY. Even though SA is not yet officially in *A.

But I would call Mileage Plus, verify that, and get the phone rep's name, before booking a flight on SAA.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 2:46 pm

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
Originally Posted by cakobau
According to this thread
you can earn United EQMs on South African starting TODAY. Even though SA is not yet officially in *A.

But I would call Mileage Plus, verify that, and get the phone rep's name, before booking a flight on SAA.
I actually just rememberd that 2 seconds ago and was heading over to this thread to say that..

I agree with cakobau: you should be fine booking a flight on SAA and getting EQMs, but before you do be sure to call Mileage Plus just to make sure you would get the EQMs.

Safe travels.

Last edited by UAalltheway; Jan 14, 2006 at 2:51 pm
Old Jan 16, 2006, 12:50 am

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
Regarding ANA:
DOMESTIC FLIGHTS WITHIN JAPAN: (Booking codes unknown, please post below!)
BC: C,J (?) - 125% / 100% / N/A (full fare Super-seat)
BC: D (?) - 100% / 100% / N/A (discounted Super-seat)

I purchased a fullfare F ticket, and it booked as F.

Additionally, ANA offers upgrading to superseat day of flight for 5000 yen. Doing this is apparantly treated like rebook into F apparantly. Even with the ticket you are upgrading is a coach fare ticketed by UA with UA codeshare flight numbers. (earned 125%)
Old Jan 16, 2006, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Thanks superEGO, I'll add in the F booking class.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by cakobau
According to this thread
FYI, this other thread, just posted earlier today, contradicts this.:

Originally Posted by SFO_Runner
Official UA Press Release on SAA: EQM in April, RDM and Code Share Now

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060117/cgtu012.html?.v=39

United and South African Airways frequent fliers began earning miles on each other's flights in November 2005. In April when South African Airways joins the Star Alliance, Mileage Plus members will earn elite benefits including Elite Qualifying Miles, which are miles that count toward elite status, and the ability to redeem their miles for award travel on South African.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 9:49 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Looks great, but what's the source for this information, particularly for Air Canada?

I got short-changed on miles on V and Q fares (I got 50% for fares that qualify for 100% mileage with aeroplan), but when I go to the website all I see for AC is this:
* Economy Class worldwide—100% of actual, paid miles, or 250 miles minimum, on flights scheduled on Air Canada or Air Canada Connector® (within Canada, Full-Fare Economy)
* Business Class worldwide—125% of actual, paid miles
* Discounted flights within Canada—50% of actual, paid miles (or 125 miles minimum)

And then the people in the call centre will say that the V and Q fares are not "Full-Fare Economy", and as such, they are "discounted flights within canada that are entitled to 50% actual paid miles".
Old Mar 1, 2006, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cur
Looks great, but what's the source for this information, particularly for Air Canada?

I got short-changed on miles on V and Q fares (I got 50% for fares that qualify for 100% mileage with aeroplan), but when I go to the website all I see for AC is this:
* Economy Class worldwide—100% of actual, paid miles, or 250 miles minimum, on flights scheduled on Air Canada or Air Canada Connector® (within Canada, Full-Fare Economy)
* Discounted flights within Canada—50% of actual, paid miles (or 125 miles minimum)

And then the people in the call centre will say that the V and Q fares are not "Full-Fare Economy", and as such, they are "discounted flights within canada that are entitled to 50% actual paid miles".
Thanks for the info. Were these flights within North America? If so, we might need to add V & Q to the tango list of 50% fares. Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:37 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by cur

I believe the key is within Canada. Discounted international flights (including the ones from Canada to US) still earn 100% mileage, AFAIK.

LAX
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:10 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by qasr
Thanks for the info. Were these flights within North America? If so, we might need to add V & Q to the tango list of 50% fares. Thanks!
These are TANGO PLUS fares (discounted, but not DEEP DISCOUNTED.. DEEP DISCOUNTED = TANGO). TANGO PLUS, like for the flights I took within Canada earn 100 percent aeroplan status and redeemable miles. Why United won't treat them the same beats the hell out of me, especially considering a domestic AC flight costs way more than UA.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cur
These are TANGO PLUS fares (discounted, but not DEEP DISCOUNTED.. DEEP DISCOUNTED = TANGO). TANGO PLUS, like for the flights I took within Canada earn 100 percent aeroplan status and redeemable miles. Why United won't treat them the same beats the hell out of me, especially considering a domestic AC flight costs way more than UA.
50% earning for Tango Plus fares does indeed seem odd. I'm pretty sure V & Q should earn 100%. Feel like double checking with MP?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, PC,
LOT Polish Airline Update

I flew R/T LHR - GDN via WAW on 1/31/06 and 2/1/06.

Booking class was VGREY1.

I received 100% milage credit: 916 miles x 2 for LHR-WAW segments and 500 miles (minimum) x2 for the WAW - GDN segments.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by doctorj
I flew R/T LHR - GDN via WAW on 1/31/06 and 2/1/06.

Booking class was VGREY1.

I received 100% milage credit: 916 miles x 2 for LHR-WAW segments and 500 miles (minimum) x2 for the WAW - GDN segments.
That is very interesting. united.com actually says 50% for all LOT within Europe or 25% on the cheapies ( ).

I'll link to your post on the main thread, but am hesitant to change it to 100% on a single post--if someone else had the same experience, I'll update it.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
750 Miles With BMI

I just flew EWR->ORD->LHR->DUB with BMI operating between LHR and DUB and received 750 for both BD segments. Based on what I had read previously, I was not sure I would get any EQMs for these segments.

The trip was booked as a W fare and the two BD segments were UA codeshares.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LarryU
I just flew EWR->ORD->LHR->DUB with BMI operating between LHR and DUB and received 750 for both BD segments. Based on what I had read previously, I was not sure I would get any EQMs for these segments.

The trip was booked as a W fare and the two BD segments were UA codeshares.
According to the chart (and united.com) you should have got 250 each way in paid Y. C class earns 750 though... Did you get op-upped or rebooked by chance?

This isn't the first time people have reported varied BD earnings.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by qasr
According to the chart (and united.com) you should have got 250 each way in paid Y. C class earns 750 though... Did you get op-upped or rebooked by chance?

This isn't the first time people have reported varied BD earnings.
There was an irregularity on the outbound. My EWR->ORD flight was canceled and the concierge at the EWR RCC sent me to JFK and rebooked me on an earlier BD flight to DUB. Still sat in Y and the fare basis seemed unchanged, from what I could tell.

Nothing special happened on my return flight. I was delighted by the fact that I was permitted to pick a seat on the BD flight and BMI was able to issue my UA boarding passes. Details about the UA/BD flight experience can be found here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.