Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2005, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
We need to add the Swiss codeshares now, too!
Old Nov 2, 2005, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by boifromtroy
We need to add the Swiss codeshares now, too!
Technically, the thread is for *A carriers, and LX is not yet in *A. At this point, there would also need to be caveats-o-plenty, since the UA codeshare with LX is limited to a small number of routes.

But I'd love to see the thread actually expand to include information for other partner airlines, too. BWIA, anyone?
Old Nov 2, 2005, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Thanks for the update jsgoldbe. ^

I'll change the page to indicate that S & W seem to be getting 100% RDM & EQM now.

I must say that I find it odd that it is 2 miles farther FRA-FCO than it is FCO-FRA. Also, my condolences for sitting in LH Y for so long
Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:44 am

They are not Star Alliance members (yet), but mileage-earning info, including some fare class restrictions, for Qatar, South African, and Swiss now available on united.com. Since this thread is focused on *A partners, I posted the info here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4829777
Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cakobau
They are not Star Alliance members (yet), but mileage-earning info, including some fare class restrictions, for Qatar, South African, and Swiss now available on united.com. Since this thread is focused on *A partners, I posted the info here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4829777
Thanks cakobau. I added a link to the first post.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by qasr
[/u]
For earning information on non-*A MP partners, see cakobau's thread.

[/U]
Thanks, but I think you may be overstating the scope of the thread. The thread only refers to Swiss, SAA, and Qatar, not to other non-*A partners like Aloha, Emirates, etc.

Although theortetically that could be arranged... hmm...
Old Nov 6, 2005, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cakobau
Thanks, but I think you may be overstating the scope of the thread. The thread only refers to Swiss, SAA, and Qatar, not to other non-*A partners like Aloha, Emirates, etc.

Although theortetically that could be arranged... hmm...
Just a gentle prod
Old Nov 12, 2005, 11:53 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Originally Posted by jsgoldbe
I can confirm empirically that LH S fares earn 100% RDM and EQM. Further I can confirm that trans-Atlantic segments earn MP elite RDM bonus (1P = 100% in my case) and intra-Europe do not earn any elite bonus.

..snip..

This all agrees with the UA page here .
Time to change the chart?
Do we now have confirmation that W and S fares flown on LH earn UA MP miles? Specifically, i am trying to confirm that BLR-FRA-BOS will earn UA MP miles.

Anyone have an e-mail from MP stating so?
Old Nov 13, 2005, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by legionnaire
Do we now have confirmation that W and S fares flown on LH earn UA MP miles?
united.com certainly reflects this, as any such restrictions that appeared there earlier have now been removed.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flysurfer
united.com certainly reflects this, as any such restrictions that appeared there earlier have now been removed.
What he said. Also, if you read some of the more recent posts in this thread, you will see that people are reporting that W & S are posting at 100%.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Added a warning about TG W & V fare classes potentially moving to 50%. Thanks to RTWFF. ^
Old Nov 30, 2005, 9:45 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Update:

I received EQMs and RDMs at 100% for LH Intra-Europe booked in E.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the update! ^

I updated the OP with this information.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 10:42 am

Programs: United, KLM
Best option for flight from London to South Africa?

Hi - thanks for all the great info in this thread, great job compiling it all.

I need to fly from London to South Africa (Joberg or Cape Town). Ideally I would go with South African, but no EQM so that option is out. That leaves BMI or LH. BMI would be easier, but looking at this thread it UA will only give miles on transatlantic fares.

Does anyone know if BMI would give miles for this flight and if so how many?

The other option is to stick with LH, but would rather avoid Frankfurt if I can.

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
Originally Posted by uk_flyer
Hi - thanks for all the great info in this thread, great job compiling it all.

I need to fly from London to South Africa (Joberg or Cape Town). Ideally I would go with South African, but no EQM so that option is out. That leaves BMI or LH. BMI would be easier, but looking at this thread it UA will only give miles on transatlantic fares.

Does anyone know if BMI would give miles for this flight and if so how many?

The other option is to stick with LH, but would rather avoid Frankfurt if I can.

Thanks for any help.
Looks like your best bet for EQM accumulation would be UA (your airport)-IAD/ORD-FRA, than LH FRA-CPT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.