Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2006, 6:34 am

Intra-Europe, Lufthansa has a new discounted economy booking class U which is between T and L, but so far it should earn 100 % on MP.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by jarino
Intra-Europe, Lufthansa has a new discounted economy booking class U which is between T and L, but so far it should earn 100 % on MP.
Interesting, I'll add it in. Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Any more definitive info on AC?

The lack of clarity by UA on accrual is infuriating. I call and they say "all A Class fares earn 1 mile per mile flown". A is Tango Plus, which as discussed above is discounted but not as much as a Tango fare. Website says 50% for discounted but agent says they see nothing like that!!! Why do they make this so hard? I'd like to post to UA but am afraid I will lose 50% of the miles from what I KNOW I would get by posting to AC.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
The lack of clarity by UA on accrual is infuriating. I call and they say "all A Class fares earn 1 mile per mile flown". A is Tango Plus, which as discussed above is discounted but not as much as a Tango fare. Website says 50% for discounted but agent says they see nothing like that!!! Why do they make this so hard? I'd like to post to UA but am afraid I will lose 50% of the miles from what I KNOW I would get by posting to AC.
I don't know what to say... Until someone tries posting a flight to MP, we won't know for sure (*hint *hint*). If the website says 50%, then that is probably the most accurate source--phone agents are not known for their consistency!
Old Mar 25, 2006, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by qasr
If the website says 50%, then that is probably the most accurate source--phone agents are not known for their consistency!
Ha Ha!! That's a good one! When I flew on NZ last January the website said all fares earn 100% - yeah right!! Didn't post that way and had to fight a bit to get my miles. Now the website has been updated. Would really be nice if MP did the right thing and just posted all the rules, and accurately. Until such time I guess I'll have to post to AC.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Ha Ha!! That's a good one! When I flew on NZ last January the website said all fares earn 100% - yeah right!! Didn't post that way and had to fight a bit to get my miles. Now the website has been updated. Would really be nice if MP did the right thing and just posted all the rules, and accurately. Until such time I guess I'll have to post to AC.
Right. I meant that if the website says 50%, don't be surprised if you get 50%.

The guide we have here is only a guide, and it depends on the help of FT members contributing their experiences such that we can update it and keep it as accurate as possible.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:14 am

Programs: Life IS good !!! ®
UA-ticketed codeshare AC-metal in S

Finally flew my UA-ticketed codeshare on AC-metal which was in S class with UA.

S class was not on the list of valid classes on AC for EQM/RDM so I was anxious to see if I got anything for these flights and the answer is ........ yes.

S class on UA translates into L class on AC which has 100% EQM/RDM with 500 miles minimum. It will post with MP as an L class flight segment when the info is transmitted to UA.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcgators
Finally flew my UA-ticketed codeshare on AC-metal which was in S class with UA.

S class was not on the list of valid classes on AC for EQM/RDM so I was anxious to see if I got anything for these flights and the answer is ........ yes.

S class on UA translates into L class on AC which has 100% EQM/RDM with 500 miles minimum. It will post with MP as an L class flight segment when the info is transmitted to UA.
Very interesting, thanks for the info! ^
Old Mar 27, 2006, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA MM / Plat
Originally Posted by qasr
Added a warning about TG W & V fare classes potentially moving to 50%. Thanks to RTWFF. ^
Not sure if this is new, but I just noticed that UA has updated their accrual page for Thai Airways to note that W & V fares earn 50%. Perhaps this should move beyond a mere warning?
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1194,00.html

Anyone have experience with a W or V fare on TG lately?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by berkeleyguy3
Not sure if this is new, but I just noticed that UA has updated their accrual page for Thai Airways to note that W & V fares earn 50%. Perhaps this should move beyond a mere warning?
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1194,00.html
Good idea--done & done.
Originally Posted by berkeleyguy3
Anyone have experience with a W or V fare on TG lately?
I'd like to know the same thing too!
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:18 am

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Thank you! I was going to start a thread, but all of my questions were answered on Post #1. ^
Old Apr 10, 2006, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Swiss

Any first-hand experience or published rules on earnings for flying Swiss?

It could be the same as LH, since the Swiss FTprogram is now M&M (L). OTOH in case of M&M member Austrian earnings still seem to vary.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Any first-hand experience or published rules on earnings for flying Swiss?

It could be the same as LH, since the Swiss FTprogram is now M&M (L). OTOH in case of M&M member Austrian earnings still seem to vary.
Thanks for the reminder about LX/SA! ^

I added them to the chart using united.com, lufthansa,com and a few best guesses. Any empirical data would be appreciated!
Old May 7, 2006, 7:35 am

Programs: 1K, PC Royal Ambassador, SPG gold, Ameniti, Marriott Rewards, DC rewards,AA,SCI
Z class Business AC....NO MILES

I recently flew a Business Z class Air China LAX to Beijing. As miles had not posted for the outbound, I questioned the Air China gate agent on my return two weeks later. I was told by them NO AIR MILES GIVEN FOR Z FARES.. Of course nothing posted. The return was aboard a 747 but 40 Business seats on the upper deck (as opposed to Uniteds 26) The seats had no foot rest, no head rest, no inseat entertainment.. THIS IS NOT A BUSINESS CLASS SERVICE.... BEWARE.
Old May 7, 2006, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kjpglobal
I recently flew a Business Z class Air China LAX to Beijing. As miles had not posted for the outbound, I questioned the Air China gate agent on my return two weeks later. I was told by them NO AIR MILES GIVEN FOR Z FARES.. Of course nothing posted. The return was aboard a 747 but 40 Business seats on the upper deck (as opposed to Uniteds 26) The seats had no foot rest, no head rest, no inseat entertainment.. THIS IS NOT A BUSINESS CLASS SERVICE.... BEWARE.
Have you contacted UA MP about getting miles? I would not take a CA GA's word for it myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.