Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: XXXX UA miles short of award- how to get them quickly? [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Transfer miles from Chase or Marriott to UA
Beware for Chase this is an one-way transfer and for Marriott the return would lose points
This can take a few hours to a few days
Mile/Points transfers between UA & Marriott via RewardPlus - Questions/Experiences

Purchase Miles from UA
Currently, at 3.75 cents per mile, an expensive program but often has significant sales where miles are 2 to 2.5 cents per mile
This can take a few days

Award Accelerator
This is a more complex process but generally runs 2 to 2.5 cents per mile but hard to buy a specific amount
Miles post in a few hours at the most
Consolidated Award / Premier Accelerator questions

Transfer miles from another UA account
This costs 1.5 cents per mile (plus $30 fee)
Miles will post within 1 day
Generally considered a bad deal, as you can purchase the miles at about 2 cpm and not lose the miles in the other account
Short miles for award, What about transferring from another account? Alternatives?

Miles from Purchases (for small amounts)
Either via MileagePlus X – Shopping App to Earn Additional Award Miles
or MileagePlus Shopping
Posting time is variable

Credit Card signup bonuses
Cheapest approach but requires getting card approval and likely some card usage

An alternative is Book with Money and Miles -- What is the "Book with Money and Miles" option ?

Additional ways to earn miles
Also the slowest, as this will take months

e-Rewards® Opinion Panel

Print Wikipost

Consolidated: XXXX UA miles short of award- how to get them quickly? [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lilmama48
I applied and it says it is pending - my credit score is over 800. Should I call a reconsideration number and does anyone know what that number is?
Pending doesn't mean rejected. Just means they are manually reviewing it and will send you a response soon. Probably happened this way because you have the same card already.
Old May 13, 2015, 4:14 pm

Success! Securing Business Class Award Availability from Australia!

"How to Earn Enough Miles to go to Australia and New Zealand in Business Class:

If you were looking to start building miles toward a similar trip, I would ... do what I did and start building your United and Chase Ultimate Reward point bonuses way up. To do that efficiently you want to pounce on credit card sign-ups when they are increased such as the United MileagePlus® Explorer Card that is currently at 50,000 miles (+5,000 more with authorized user purchase – read this for more details and potentially even better offer), the Ink Plus Business Card that is up to 60,000 points from the regular 50,000, and even the Ink Cash® Business Credit Card that is temporarily increased from 20k to the current 30,000 point level until May 25th. The points from the Ink Cash can transfer to United and other Ultimate Reward partners if you also have the Ink Plus, Ink Bold, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.

By picking up a couple of those cards and meeting the minimum spending requirements you can quickly catapult to a six figure mileage balance and then you are well on your way to having what you need. By using the cards for everyday spending you can get the rest of the way there before too long. If you are traveling with a partner, remember that they can do the same (and sometimes you can even refer them to earn more miles)."
Old May 13, 2015, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
need miles

Title is story of my flying life

IBTL
Old Jun 5, 2015, 7:58 am

How to get more UA miles for Canadian?

I have about 7700 UA miles, and in order to book a one way short-haul within US, I need 10K. What's the best way for Canadian to earn some more UA miles? or if there's any existing programs that allow me to transfer miles to UA?
The only one so far is Choice hotel (5000 choices point = 1000 UA)
what else?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:53 am

Need Additional Miles

This probably needs merged into another thread but I could not find the master thread for such items... I need around 17K United miles on short notice. What's the quickest way to do so (without buying miles)? My CC statements don't close for a while.

Thanks
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NetBrowser07
This probably needs merged into another thread but I could not find the master thread for such items... I need around 17K United miles on short notice. What's the quickest way to do so (without buying miles)? My CC statements don't close for a while.

Thanks
How soon do you need them and how much are you willing to spend? 17,000 miles is a large number. WHat's your status on UA? Depending on that, you can choose to do one of two things - take a super expensive mileage run, with the base ticket cost of atleast $1600 (1K) to $3,400 (General member).

Considering this to be an expensive option, you could book a dummy reservation and once it is confirmed, Award accelerator option will show up in your account, typically - miles through this are sold at about 2-3c. You could only spend 500$ and get the required miles.

You can open a CC, make the necessary minimum spend and get the bonus, time to post is a month minimum.

Other than this, 17,000 miles are unattainable at a short notice. Even the loan offers and Direct TV miles take 1 month minimum to post!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:08 pm
formerly ffactoryxx

Quick way to earn 3 points?

I basically have 199,997 points and need to purchase two round trip tickets to Europe tonight.

Rather than transfer 1000 point chuck from Chase Rewards to Mileageplus, is there a simple way to get 3 points?

Updated. Actually needed 3 points. SO CLOSE

Last edited by TheFlyersRule; Jul 9, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (former 1K, Delta Platinum))
See what happens if you try to book the tickets. I was recently short some miles for award travel, and ua.com billed me for exactly the miles I needed to top up.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: United Gold, Delta Silver, SPG Gold
I would just buy something with Mileage Plus X application. Miles post immediately after gift card transaction
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:14 pm
formerly ffactoryxx

Just saw something about mypoints.com

Maybe that could get me something quick?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:18 pm

Mypoints post slow
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:22 pm
formerly ffactoryxx

Originally Posted by VizeL
Mypoints post slow
The Signup bonus posts slow?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Reserve tonight - it will give you three days to top up the miles.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx
I basically have 199,997 points and need to purchase two round trip tickets to Europe tonight.

Rather than transfer 1000 point chuck from Chase Rewards to Mileageplus, is there a simple way to get 3 points?

Updated. Actually needed 3 points. SO CLOSE
Do a survey with Opinion Miles!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold) / SPG Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador / AMEX Platinum
need a quick 150 miles

need a quick 150 miles to book a flight departing on wed.

anyone have any ideas so that the miles post fast?

will a rental car do it? its 41 dollars at LAX through hertz...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.