Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Plat, IHG Spire, Hilton,Miles&More
Missing Travel Bank Credits

The splitting of the reservation due to upgrade process usually cancels out the newly assigned reservation from getting the credit. You need to send email to: [email protected]
Your Travel Bank is then credited after a week or so.
Common problem, no effort by UA to fix, as it's YOUR money in THEIR pocket, unless you act.

Last edited by SilverElite; Feb 16, 2015 at 11:10 am
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:24 am
Suspended

"TravelBank" - United.com Club Q&A

Just call UA.com desk and they will submit a case. It happens to me ALL the time and no update it will ever be fixed.
Old May 24, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Reporting Missing United.com Club Credits

How do you normally report/request missing united.com club credits?

Do you call the MP Service Center? Or, do you call UA Reservations? Or do you email customer care via the web form at https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...r/default.aspx ?

Thanks.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by warreng24

Do you call the MP Service Center? Or, do you call UA Reservations? Or do you email customer care via the web form at https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...r/default.aspx ?

Thanks.
I've noticed a couple of missing $5 credits that never posted too and purchased on the site...perhaps a call to MP and then probably a redirect.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Webform complaint. This stuff has to be researched, so a call is simply your time on hold vs. a 30-second and cost-free submission.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by warreng24

Thanks.
Just checked my account and I'm missing some credits also
Old May 24, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Originally Posted by Often1
Webform complaint. This stuff has to be researched, so a call is simply your time on hold vs. a 30-second and cost-free submission.
This.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver
My experience has been that anytime I purchase a flight for my wife and I (after logging into my account) and the record is later split, I get credit for my flight but do not get credit for my wife's flight. Customer service told me this is a known glitch in the system. They then manually add the credit for the missing flights.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732

An email to [email protected] with:

1. Account number and name
2. Traveler name/s, number of traveler/s if applicable
3. Member's united.com Club enrollment and expiration dates
4. Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
5. Flight number, origin/destination and travel date
Old May 24, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: United 1K
I've had 3 flights not get credited. When I emailed, I was told they would credit after I completed the flights.
Old May 24, 2015, 1:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer
I've had 3 flights not get credited. When I emailed, I was told they would credit after I completed the flights.
That has always been the process.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:37 pm
Suspended

It's a well know glitch but never gets fixed...If you travel with a companion on the same reservation and don't get upgraded together it will split the res in 2 at check in.....Been going on for years.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott Gold (UA), Hertz PC (UA), HH Gold (cc), Avis PP, National EC Executive
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
It's a well know glitch but never gets fixed...If you travel with a companion on the same reservation and don't get upgraded together it will split the res in 2 at check in.....Been going on for years.
Yep, just let a couple uncredited flights accumulate in a spreadsheet and send an email on a boring Saturday.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:53 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yea, similar problem. CLE-EWR-LHR RT booked for 2 on same confirmation #. CLE-EWR cancelled, they booked us on the next CLE-EWR flight (which worked out OK), but ticket was split by them. My flight credited OK, Mrs Zip did not. Sent them this info. After 3 weeks, received e-mail telling me her flight was credited the $5 into TravelBank; checked my TB info, and it then WAS credited OK. About a month later, checked by TB statement again, and her flight (and the $5) was removed from the account!!! Such aggravation over $5.

I now am taking about 40% less flights than when I was 1K. But I find the number of United.com posting problems is actually increasing.
Old May 25, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by Often1
Webform complaint.
Thanks!

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...r/default.aspx

What are you all choosing for "Subject:" drop box?

"Fares / Pricing"
"General Question"
"Other"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.