Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Kacee
More than half of the sub-fleet now has power. Good chance it will be 100% by July.
Thanks for that, glad to know! ^ Haven't been following fleet update threads for a while.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
I am just going by SeatGuru and UAL seat maps for the equipment they use for Hawaii runs. I know they can swap anything at any time but am planning for the worst case 772...with little bells and whistles...
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cruzcap
I am just going by SeatGuru and UAL seat maps for the equipment they use for Hawaii runs. I know they can swap anything at any time but am planning for the worst case 772...with little bells and whistles...
SeatGuru is not reliable. Don't even go there.

United Fleet Site is the definitive reference.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: UA - GS/1MM, Marriott- PT, SPG-Gold/Fairmont Presidents
Our Experience

Originally Posted by CRQTraveler
Hey all,

I will be traveling in F for SFO-OGG on a 753 departing at 905a and also HNL-SFO on a 777 departing at 855p.

What should I expect in terms of food/service for these flights? (the second is listed as a "snack")

Also, will the HNL-SFO flight have a large pillow and blanket? (i've seen some in photos on a 777 IAH-HNL flight)

Thanks in advance for the help!

We did HNL to IAH in February in paid BF due to a UA re-route. We were highly disappointed in product. It was an overnight flight, and water was not even given out to the First passengers. In addition, the staff in HNL was horrid to deal with. In the future, I will probably avoid the IAH Hawaii flights.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
Thanks Kacee great link!..no I am not expecting much other than the bigger seat which I think will happen and is important on a 9 hour jaunt...
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist
764 from SFO-HNL. "new" dessert - chocolate chip gelato.
Old May 3, 2015, 8:19 pm

I am flying FC ORD-OGG with a 777 from ORD to HNL on May 12th. Is there anyway to know which plane I will be on, or if it has power outlets?
Old May 3, 2015, 11:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nursemoondah
I am flying FC ORD-OGG with a 777 from ORD to HNL on May 12th. Is there anyway to know which plane I will be on, or if it has power outlets?
It few days before the flight, via Flight Status on United.com there will be a line "Aircraft" that will provide the specific aircraft to be used. Also in the Amenities section, there will be a statement about AC power. Warning, actual aircraft can change, so no guarantees.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
I'll be flying SFO-LIH this Friday on the mighty 737-800. Are the Mai Tai's complimentary in F ?

Will WiFi and DirecTV be available over ocean?

Last edited by paule123; Dec 9, 2015 at 11:27 am
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by porciuscato
Expect disappointment-- intense, lingering, abject disappointment.
Truer words never written. UAL gave me $300 back because of their embarrassment
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by paule123
I'll be flying SFO-LIH this Friday on the mighty 737-800. Are the Mai Tai's complimentary in F ?

Mai Tais free but so sweet.... Undrinkable
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold

If it's available it might not be working. That's been the case for me more than 50 percent of the time. If workable, barely usable.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I'll be flying SFO-LIH this Friday on the mighty 737-800.

The WiFi and live DirecTV is CONUS only, the onboard movies should be available for the entire trip.
737 aircraft and aircraft equipped with DIRECTV® will only have satellite coverage within the continental U.S.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The WiFi and live DirecTV is CONUS only, the onboard movies should be available for the entire trip.
You are correct sir. Ouch!

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...px#wifiInstall
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National ES, Air Kettle
Originally Posted by LANDJ999
Mai Tais free but so sweet.... Undrinkable
They usually are too sweet, but I've had a great FA make me a really good one before. Think she used less mai tai mix and added something extra.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.