Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Multi-million dollar investment in onboard food and beverage options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Chiro1979
Excuse me, don't forget the hot app!!
Hm... I only remember a luke warm app
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Michilander
Don't suppose this will include at least occasional access to a nice malt forward porter or stout?
Guess not. So far, the only one I've seen that isn't a Bud clone or a Bud Light clone is the Goose Island 312.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC SE
Is February 1 still the date for the meal cutoff to move from 900 miles to 800 miles? I have a couple flights in February that are between 800-899 miles, so wondering if those flights will actually have a meal by that point. The reservation is still showing "Refreshments."
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
s February 1 still the date for the meal cutoff to move from 900 miles to 800 miles? I have a couple flights in February that are between 800-899 miles, so wondering if those flights will actually have a meal by that point. The reservation is still showing "Refreshments."
even if you're expecting a "meal", it won't be much.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by entropy
even if you're expecting a "meal", it won't be much.
Flew FC IAH-DEN yesterday (lunchtime) and had a really tasty Asian salad with tomato bisque soup. I mean the meal was really pretty good! Hope this is a trend that continues.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I wish they would update us on when we are going to get real food on UX.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by demkr
I wish they would update us on when we are going to get real food on UX.
And when the international economy meals will be significantly improved.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere

Beginning to think this is only one big head fake.
Been on many domestic flights since announcement and have seen one- that's right- one meal that can be considered new. Scones galore, crummy snack boxes, and the usual chicken beef atrocities. No improvement in UX Service as well so think it is one big hooey
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I agree with the above post. It's been since August. Nothing has changed on UX. Only the lunches have really shifted and not so much. Once again, overpromising and significantly underdelivering.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
United Express premium cabins:
Significant improvements on the way: While we can’t share the full details yet, let’s just say there will be a nice upgrade to premium cabin dining on United Express in 2015 by introducing fresh meal options.

How dare they take 17 days to roll it out into a route you you happened to be flying?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat
From my perspective, the 'snack plate' on mainline has actually gotten worse over the past few months.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA,Marriott
I did not see any reference in the announcement regarding improvement of food in GlobalFirst. Has anyone flying GlobalFirst noticed any improvements in the food?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by DreamlinerFlyer
I did not see any reference in the announcement regarding improvement of food in GlobalFirst. Has anyone flying GlobalFirst noticed any improvements in the food?
No. Same bilge as served to BF
Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, F9 Summit, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by DreamlinerFlyer
If my last NRT-SFO leg was any indication, it is actually a bit worse than some of the previous iterations...
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:21 pm

The new United meals: Promise versus Reality

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.