Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a pmCO 777 (ver 2: 2-class 50BF)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
This thread is for the pmCO version of 777-200. The pmCO planes are generally used out of the former Continental hubs, Houston and Newark, for various international destinations served from those airports.

There is a separate thread on the pmUA 777 here: Version 2

If you are looking for information about the new 777-200 with Polaris configuration, that is available here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1907390-777-200-version-5-polaris-77j-seating-experience.html

Because the seating configuration is different on the UA version of the 777, advice about the "best" seats on those is basically useless with respect to the pmCO version.

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on the pmCO version.

Information from United (the pmCO plane is called "Version 32")

Information from Seat Guru.

The pmCO 777 is a two-class configuration.

There are 50 Business First seats in a 2-2-2 configuration. Seats are slightly angled, towards the windows for both window pairs, and angled to the right for the center pair. The seats are in 2 cabins, one in front of the 2L/2R doors typically used for boarding (26 seats) and one behind (24 seats). The seats are lie flat, and all face forward (although angled).

There are 63 Economy Plus seats, at the front of the economy cabin (Rows 16-22) plus the 3L/3R exit row (row 31/32). The remaining 154 seats are standard economy seats. The Economy configuration is 3-3-3, except for Row 44 which has only two seats on the two window groups.

BusinessFirst Seats
Best seats
Bulkhead Rows
Each BusinessFirst seat has a footwell that is built into the back of the seat in front of it. This allows the passenger to have a "full length" bed for sleeping. Many people report that this footwell is rather narrow and cramped, and can make sleeping difficult.
Row 1 (D/E and K/L), Row 2 (A/B) and Row 8 have larger footwells because the well is built into the bulkhead rather than the seat in front of it. As a result, there is no need to narrow the footwell to accommodate the reclining mechanism in the forward seat.

Bassinet available for 8AB, 8KL

Center section seats
The pair of seats in the center section both have direct aisle access, so there is no need to climb over another passenger, nor is there any need for the pairmate to climb over you.

Worst seats
1D/1E
1D is immediately adjacent to the front lavatory (and 1E a bit further away), creating disturbance and other annoyances from sitting next to a lavatory.

Economy Seats
Row 16 (bulkhead)
The bulkhead row has additional legroom. However, the tray tables and AVOD in the armrest narrow the seat width. These rows also allow bassinets (16DEF, 31DEF)

Row 32 (exit row)
Exit row has additional legroom but is next to the lavatories. The open space and lavs leads to congregation of standing passengers.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a pmCO 777 (ver 2: 2-class 50BF)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2014, 5:46 am

Flying TLV-EWR on this bird, with a lap infant.
It looks like 16DEF and 31DEF are the bassinet seats in Y, but both rows are considered E+.
Does that mean I have to purchase that seat to secure myself the bassinet or will UA put me there for free if it's available? Any experiences?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 1:25 am

is 1L/8L restricted by a wall? If Im traveling alone, will I have to step over the person next to me? If yes I'm prob better off with 11D which is an aisle (Only a fe seats left)?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by yupyup63
is 1L/8L restricted by a wall? If Im traveling alone, will I have to step over the person next to me? If yes I'm prob better off with 11D which is an aisle (Only a fe seats left)?
Yes, you will have to step over the person in the aisle, but you'll have a [substantially] larger footwell. If you can work it out with your seatmate to let you out once or twice, and you're looking for sleep, I recommend 1L.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Alaska MVP Gold
I am flying EWR - DEL soon in BF and am currently booked in 1L. Here is what is available: http://d.pr/i/Qcw3

I'd like to have a window seat, but is it worth it on this route?

Thoughts on 1L vs. the other seats available?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by sportscenter26
I am flying EWR - DEL soon in BF and am currently booked in 1L. Here is what is available: http://d.pr/i/Qcw3

I see that 8E is available. I just did 8E. It was fantastic for bulkhead and aisle access.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by radiowell
I see that 8E is available. I just did 8E. It was fantastic for bulkhead and aisle access.
Yeah I was thinking about that, but I've convinced myself that there will be interesting things to see out the window (flight path flanks the Himalayas?), but this could be misguided.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Yeah I was thinking about that, but I've convinced myself that there will be interesting things to see out the window (flight path flanks the Himalayas?), but this could be misguided.
Wont the sun set before you get to that point in the flight?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy
Wont the sun set before you get to that point in the flight?
Yeah I wasn't sure, I figure it would be around 7pm?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: kayaker

I'm also a window-seat-er, and in my opinion you have by far the best (passenger) seat on the plane. The only other potential competition is, as someone suggested, 8E, but I wouldn't recommend switching.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by o mikros
I'm also a window-seat-er, and in my opinion you have by far the best (passenger) seat on the plane. The only other potential competition is, as someone suggested, 8E, but I wouldn't recommend switching.
Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Which B772 BF seats have the big foot cutout?

I am booked in 2A which is a bulkhead, but row 8 is also available. I have pretty big feet, so having the larger foot cutout box for a 10+ hour flight is preferable. Stick with 2A or move to row 8? Row 1 is booked.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
You can find the full size footwell at 12 seats on the sCO 772:
1DE (the poop seats, adjacent to lav)
1KL
2AB
8ABDEKL
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by mduell
You can find the full size footwell at 12 seats on the sCO 772:
1DE (the poop seats, adjacent to lav)
1KL
2AB
8ABDEKL
Perfect, I'll stick with 2A then, thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Hi,

I am traveling EWR - LHR 4th April on 777 200. Have booked in 16 c both ways for now. I am 6 foot 4 so was wondering if there would be enough leg room for me , maybe if I put feet out in isle or without that. If not, which are the best exit row seats ?

thanks
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Should be OK, as the bulkhead doesn't extend to the C seats. However, if you really want unlimited, then take 32C/J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.