Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United still blocking all SQ awards?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
I have been looking at getting my friend two award tickets in Y to MNL (SFO-SIN-MNL) in Jan '13. I have been seeing the availability for the flights up until this morning and now I am not able to see even availability on SQ for the SIN-MNL. Anyone else notice something similar?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by USFdonWill
I have been looking at getting my friend two award tickets in Y to MNL (SFO-SIN-MNL) in Jan '13. I have been seeing the availability for the flights up until this morning and now I am not able to see even availability on SQ for the SIN-MNL. Anyone else notice something similar?
yup.

UA.sux blocks SQ awards again.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kb1992
yup.

UA.sux blocks SQ awards again.
I thought it was a rather undisputed fact that UA was not blocking SQ awards but rather SQ was not releasing them.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by USFdonWill
Same, I was looking at flights couple hours ago and found some short haul SQ C seats, now are all gone.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Madone59
I thought it was a rather undisputed fact that UA was not blocking SQ awards but rather SQ was not releasing them.
Wrong.

ANA shows SQ availability, UA does not.

So UA is blocking SQ awards to MP members.

Or maybe UA.sux is not displaying SQ awards and you have to call.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by kb1992

Or maybe UA.sux is not displaying SQ awards and you have to call.
This.

Flights are still bookable but you need to call. Apparently .sux can't handle displaying availbility on a decent airline.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:54 pm

Exclamation Gone again!

They were there yesterday but now they are gone once again!
No SQ flights for many SQ routes, including SIN-DPS, SIN-PEK, and SIN-MLE.
(And I was just about to book!)
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BumpMe!
They were there yesterday but now they are gone once again!
No SQ flights for many SQ routes, including SIN-DPS, SIN-PEK, and SIN-MLE.
(And I was just about to book!)
Oi. Did you call or just rely upon .sux?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Just noticed that it's not just SQ that has suddenly had diminished availability, but many other *A carriers on other routes (I was doing searches yesterday that suddenly have no availability). My guess is that UA.sux is working on a "change we're (not) gonna like!"

P.S. On a funny note, the QR flights are all still there!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Oi. Did you call or just rely upon .sux?
I'm just looking online, aiming to book a combo QR/SQ itinerary.
I'll give it until tomorrow before I try again.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Suggest the lack of SQ awards is nothing to do with United this time. There were plenty of seats last night, but currently no SQ awards on wandr.me anywhere it seems, even routes like SIN-SYD which suggests that SQ may be doing some computer work, and have learnt from previous mistakes.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
I used to be able to see ALL SQ aval inter SE Asia on UAL.com. It's been gone now for over a month. SQ does not show up now to use my UA miles. I really don't know why.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:21 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
AWOL short haul SQ awards? Here today, gone tomorrow.

I'm eager to unload some UA miles. I understand that the long-ish haul SQ availability is quite restricted, but that the intra-Asia stuff is pretty readily available, right? That said, last night I was conducting a variety of SE Asia searches (e.g., BKK-SIN-DPS) and saw plenty of SQ flight availability...but now, I don't see a single one. It's not unique to my dates -- same issue if I look out at April 2013.

Is this the usual drill with United in terms of some fluke with Singapore connectivity on award availability or is something bigger/worse going on here?

At first I was envious of the UA availability searching as an AA loyalist but if this is how it works, then perhaps I'm not.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
I'm eager to unload some UA miles. I understand that the long-ish haul SQ availability is quite restricted, but that the intra-Asia stuff is pretty readily available, right? That said, last night I was conducting a variety of SE Asia searches (e.g., BKK-SIN-DPS) and saw plenty of SQ flight availability...but now, I don't see a single one. It's not unique to my dates -- same issue if I look out at April 2013.
Can you clarify if you are checking SQ availability on just United.com?

This afternoon, I looked for this first class one-way award for Dec 27-28

CA LAX-PEK "O" first class
SQ PEK-SIN "I" biz-class, on a two-class plane
SQ SIN-KUL same

KVS showed available. United.com could not find the SQ segments even when searching one segment at a time.

I called United reservations to book this. The agent did not seem really adept at what she was doing. She said she could not get instant confirmation on her computer for ANY SQ flight, and want to wait a day for confirmation from SQ that the requested flights were, in fact, available. I said, "No" please just ticket as requested. Seem to work for me. Not sure if this is what they call a "long sell".

Random checking on United.com does not pull up any SQ flights (just TG) for a route like SIN-KUL. That does not seem right.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Flights are still bookable but you need to call.
Correct!

Called and booked SQ: PEK-SIN-KUL for Dec 28 today.
Availability visible on KVS, but not United.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.