Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United still blocking all SQ awards?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:23 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
indeed, I was just searching on united.com. i was looking for some pretty easy breezy routes too like BKK-SIN.

Originally Posted by Bowgie
Can you clarify if you are checking SQ availability on just United.com?

This afternoon, I looked for this first class one-way award for Dec 27-28

CA LAX-PEK "O" first class
SQ PEK-SIN "I" biz-class, on a two-class plane
SQ SIN-KUL same

KVS showed available. United.com could not find the SQ segments even when searching one segment at a time.

I called United reservations to book this. The agent did not seem really adept at what she was doing. She said she could not get instant confirmation on her computer for ANY SQ flight, and want to wait a day for confirmation from SQ that the requested flights were, in fact, available. I said, "No" please just ticket as requested. Seem to work for me. Not sure if this is what they call a "long sell".

Random checking on United.com does not pull up any SQ flights (just TG) for a route like SIN-KUL. That does not seem right.

Last edited by snorkmaster; Aug 23, 2012 at 2:29 am
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
There's a discussion already over here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post19176774
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: QR Platinum, UA Gold, AA Gold
Hmm that's strange. I was able to book two different itineraries with SQ segments in them last week and early this week. All of the SQ segments are inta-asia.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andryas
Hmm that's strange. I was able to book two different itineraries with SQ segments in them last week and early this week. All of the SQ segments are inta-asia.
That's because, after a few weeks of no .sux SQ inventory, it reappeared, only to re-disappear a day or two ago.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Indeed SQ flights are not showing up again. BUT you can always call and book.

It was not showing up for a few months then came back a few weeks ago and gone again since yesterday. Not sure if it's UA or SQ that is playing some kind of game or having some system integration issues. Hopefully it will be back soon.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yoonny
Indeed SQ flights are not showing up again. BUT you can always call and book.

It was not showing up for a few months then came back a few weeks ago and gone again since yesterday. Not sure if it's UA or SQ that is playing some kind of game or having some system integration issues. Hopefully it will be back soon.
It's probably a little bit of both.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:23 am

No more SQ award space available?

Sorry if it has been asked before, but I just noticed that I couldn't find any SQ flights from ual.com award reservation?
Is this a temporary system break down or a permanent change?
Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It has been asked. i think there were three threads extant this week.

Call UA, there is availability just not on .sux.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:45 am

The SQ award availability comes and goes on united.com, however, the good news is that it seems to be only a display problem. As other FTers have experienced, calling UA can confirm the availability is still there but I am not sure if that will add some fees for the phone booking.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AirTravelLover
The SQ award availability comes and goes on united.com, however, the good news is that it seems to be only a display problem. As other FTers have experienced, calling UA can confirm the availability is still there but I am not sure if that will add some fees for the phone booking.
Let the agent know it's not viewable online, they should look themselves to confirm, and waive the fee. If they don't, politely ask for a supervisor.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
It has been asked. i think there were three threads extant this week.

Call UA, there is availability just not on .sux.
Thanks! Fine... I hope it will come back online soon though... Calling always risks a mistake that you can't actually "see"
Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Kris Flyer PPS
UA should explain why its website keep having such problem.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
So, I went online to view my ticketed BKK-RGN-BKK-SIN-DPS-SIN-BKK-RGN t itinerary with the hope of cleaning up my DPS-SIN-BKK-RGN flights as they're a long layover-y combo of QR and TG flights. (This was a 35,000 mile business class award.)

DPS-SIN-RGN flight on Singapore and Silk Air came up when I opted to change flights. I thought I couldn't book on Silk, but whatever--I grabbed it and got an e-ticket confirmation that the change had been made.

Moments later when I visited united.com, my SIN-RGN segment was gone.

1) Ugh.
2) How can they run such a crappy website?
3) I suppose the only fix for this will be another hour long phone call with the folks who couldn't get my itinerary to price in the first place?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
So, I went online to view my ticketed BKK-RGN-BKK-SIN-DPS-SIN-BKK-RGN t itinerary with the hope of cleaning up my DPS-SIN-BKK-RGN flights as they're a long layover-y combo of QR and TG flights. (This was a 35,000 mile business class award.)

DPS-SIN-RGN flight on Singapore and Silk Air came up when I opted to change flights. I thought I couldn't book on Silk, but whatever--I grabbed it and got an e-ticket confirmation that the change had been made.

Moments later when I visited united.com, my SIN-RGN segment was gone.

1) Ugh.
2) How can they run such a crappy website?
3) I suppose the only fix for this will be another hour long phone call with the folks who couldn't get my itinerary to price in the first place?
Once it's ticketed it won't necessarily need to be priced again to change it.

Im rather surprised you managed to change it at all.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:42 pm

Is SQ X also not being shown on United?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.