Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:46 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

TK does operate a discretionary status match programme. The rules are not published and and there is no right to a status match.

The status match is a recent development and consistency does not always seem to be the case. If you are gold/platinum/emerald or have any other shiny elite card it is worth trying.

Unusually for a *A carrier TK seem to be matching other Star Alliance Golds and not just Oneworld or Sky Team elites.

They are not matching to mid level i.e. classic plus (Star Alliance Silver) or non alliance carriers (such as Emirates, Etihad etc.).

How to match:

Send an webmail requesting a match and include a PDF of your latest account statement and a picture of your card.

Note that the process can take anything from one to more than four weeks (or much longer).

In some cases patience will be rewarded but you may need to remind them if you have not heard in 4 weeks. Call centre staff know nothing about the status match so no point in calling.

Card dispatch:

There are conflicting experiences about the dispatch of the card pack. Some FTs have been told that the card will only be sent out once your credit some miles (any miles) to your Miles & Smiles account. Others received it without.

If you have been matched but not yet received the card and happen to pass through IST you can pick up the card at the M&S helpdesk in IST. (see this post for a slightly blurry pic of the card booth)

Please post successful/unsuccessful status matches below. Last year's thread might give you an idea how the status match works as well: FAQ 7: TK status match (2013)
Old Jan 1, 2014, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I've tried helping a friend request a status match 3 times on TK's website since they won't accept it on email. He's BA Gold. And had a return TK J ticket between UK and Asia. I first requested it before he flew in May. No response. Then again in August. Again no response and again in Dec before his return flight. No response.

So I don't know if they're even checking their internal mails!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA bronze
I matched KL gold status to TK gold status in May 2013 and since then the TK website has shown my elite expiry date to be 31/03/2015.

As I understand it earning 25 000 status miles by 31/03/2014 should renew my TK gold status for a further two years i.e. up to 31/03/2017.

In fact I earned over 25 000 status miles in Oct and Nov 2013 and they all posted to my TK account correctly within a few days. However, the TK website still shows my elite expiry date as 31/03/2015. Shouldn't that have changed by now to 2017?

Al
Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Delta Platinum, US Platimum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I've tried helping a friend request a status match 3 times on TK's website since they won't accept it on email. He's BA Gold. And had a return TK J ticket between UK and Asia. I first requested it before he flew in May. No response. Then again in August. Again no response and again in Dec before his return flight. No response.

So I don't know if they're even checking their internal mails!
I just sent the status match thru their website. I hope my request is approved. I will let you know if I get any responses from them. Take care.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK Gold
Originally Posted by kcmj1234
I just sent the status match thru their website. I hope my request is approved. I will let you know if I get any responses from them. Take care.
Same here. From Eurobonus Gold. I'll keep you posted.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA PP, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I sent in my request a few weeks ago and they responded shortly after the new year with a request for the UA gold card and my mileage statement. I sent in a photo of the front and back of the card and a PDF of my mileage statement. Let's see what happens!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Alvador
I matched KL gold status to TK gold status in May 2013 and since then the TK website has shown my elite expiry date to be 31/03/2015.

As I understand it earning 25 000 status miles by 31/03/2014 should renew my TK gold status for a further two years i.e. up to 31/03/2017.

In fact I earned over 25 000 status miles in Oct and Nov 2013 and they all posted to my TK account correctly within a few days. However, the TK website still shows my elite expiry date as 31/03/2015. Shouldn't that have changed by now to 2017?

Al
I've found the answer to this.
If I log in to my account then cllick "Card Operations", then "Card Renewal" I get the message:
"Congratulations! You have already achieved the required criteria for Elite re-qualification. Your Elite membership will automatically be renewed on the expiry date of your card for another 2 years. "
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: TK Elite+(*G), UA*S, IHG Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by Alvador
I've found the answer to this.
If I log in to my account then cllick "Card Operations", then "Card Renewal" I get the message:
"Congratulations! You have already achieved the required criteria for Elite re-qualification. Your Elite membership will automatically be renewed on the expiry date of your card for another 2 years. "
The trick is actually getting a physical card (that is unless you stop by the kiosk in Istanbul)
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by pinoymutt
The trick is actually getting a physical card (that is unless you stop by the kiosk in Istanbul)
The card actually arrived in the post within a couple of weeks of me applying for the status match last year. I hope that I'll be as lucky with the new membership card when my status renews next year!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by pinoymutt
Tell me more about the kiosk. I got status matched but didn't receive a card. I've requested one twice using the online option and still no card.

I'm flying through IST shortly and it would be good if I could solve the problem then. Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sydunipete
Tell me more about the kiosk. I got status matched but didn't receive a card. I've requested one twice using the online option and still no card.

I'm flying through IST shortly and it would be good if I could solve the problem then. Thanks.
Tip of the hat to BuildingMyBento who helped me out last year... See these posts:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19831362-post272.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19805807-post255.html

For what it is worth, I emailed them last year requesting a replacement card and received a new packet, including luggage tags, within a couple of weeks. YMMV, my experience in general was very easy for the match too.

Last edited by abaheti; Jan 7, 2014 at 4:34 pm
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Brilliant. Thanks. I'll go there when I arrive so (hopefully) I will have the card to take advantage of shorter queues upon departure.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by sydunipete
Brilliant. Thanks. I'll go there when I arrive so (hopefully) I will have the card to take advantage of shorter queues upon departure.
As long as your Elite status is mentioned on your boarding pass you can already take advantage of the dedicated/shorter lines at arrival/transfer as well.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: UA PP, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Just got an email from Customer Service today approving my status match!

12/24/2013: sent in request with a PDF copy of my statement and card
1/1/2014: received a request for a scanned copy of my physical UA Gold card and mileage statement. Sent those in on 1/2/2014
1/8/2014: Status match received

I'm flying via SFO tonight so I'll take a print-out and see if I can't get into the lounge. Still planning to credit my miles to UA though, at least for now.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold TK*Gold
Status Match

Very efficient - start to finish in 7 days, applied 3rd Jan and approved today 10th Jan, very impressed, matched to BA Gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.